Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

[SP} Senkaku/Diaoyu Island Conflict (VME_PLA MOD)

CSF1_256.jpg

The Senkaku Diaoyu Island Conflict

Game version: ARMA2: Combined Operations

Game Mode: Singleplayer Mission

Version: v1.0

Description:

As a Chinese special forces operative, take command of your team and liberate a Japanese-occupied island.

Inspired by true current events between China and Japan!

Features:

* Intro and Outro (by nettrucker)

* Custom music

* Awesome VME and JSDF Mods

* Awesome Mana Island Mod

* Explosion script

Download link:

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17611&highlight=SENKAKU

Media Fire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ty87psigfmv1sg9/The_Diaoyu_Island_Conflict_v1.0.7z

Changelog:

-MikeBarts vegetation upgrade from v.07 to v.09

-Added two more units to players team

-Deleted ammo box

-No sniper rifles at briefing

-Edited Intro

-Arranged Sniper towers

-Added objects to the Start position

-Deleted Explosion scripts. Now need C4 for Obj5 and Obj6

Required Addons:

Arma2 Combined Operations Version 1.62 or greater is required.

cba, cbaA2 and cbaOA

VME_PLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14099

JSDF (non-ACE version)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14301

Mana Island

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11600&highlight=MANA%2BISLAND

mikebart's Rock's ( for Mana Island )

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11601

mikebart's Vegetation

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1160

Optional Addons:

Sound: JSRS 1.4 and what ever else you like

Not tested with any other addons. Use at your own risk.

Work Remaining & Known Issues:

*Please report bugs back here.

Thanks to:

The VME Mod team over at www.chinavme.com

The JSDF Mod team at www.http://jsdfmod.s377.xrea.com/jsdfmod_j/.com

mikBart for his cool Mana island, rocks and vegetation at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-veg

kylania for the "Evidence" script found at http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=84

JW Custom for the "Ultra Simple Patrol Script v1.4" at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11602

Special thanks:

nettrucker for his fantastic INTRO and OUTRO. Thanks man!

tom3kb for inspiration, beta testing feedback and tutoring me on mission making

Laqueesha for his ideas, opinions and briefing edits.

YuriVII aka TexKaz for beta testing and feedback about those damn triggers

Jeza for beta testing and insightful feedback

Also SaOK and kylania for letting me pick their brains on technical matters.

Thanks guys!

Installation:

Drop the PBO into your SP missions folder.

ADD @VME, @JSDF, @MANA_ISLAND, @MANA_ROCKS, @MANA_VEGETATION

Edited by Kommiekat
Update from v.90 to v 1.0

Congrats on the release, was an enjoyable beta test as well, look forward to playing the full thing soon.

Armaholic informed. Many thanks.

Yeah congrats to the release also from me. Gonna download it this evening when I'm back from work.

Thanks for informing me about the release.

Cheers

Congrats, going to test this soon. :)

Congrats man on your release. Very creative scenario that shows off some less publicized mods!!

This is very good indeed so far. It's nice to see something different which uses some of the lesser used mods out there (and I mean lesser used in the fact there are not so many community missions).

Excellent stuff. Just encoding a small video - will be up in a couple of hours!

Played it through and had fun, good mission :) Very refreshing factions and island after playing the chernarus for long time.

Hey thanks guys. Much appreciated. I think I'll stick with VME for a short spell and pump out some more missions and semi-actual events happening in this part of the world.

The Senkaku/Diaoyutai situation is real (except for the military occupation of either country).

Please let me know of any bugs and certainly any ways to improve the mission.

I think it has potential for MP but I don't know how to do that. If anybody knows how to convert it to MP, feel free to do so and post a link of it here for others to enjoy.

Cheers!

Awesome, I was highly impressed by the VME PLA mod - looking forward to giving this a run-thru later in the week. I guess JSDF slipped under my radar, I'll be interested to check that out as well. So cool how many militaries are represented in this game by our robust modding community!

@Kommiekat

Yes, i think you should stay with Pla mod for few next missions its something fresh in armato play as Chinese soldier, maybe if you make few missions you can pack them in a missionpack (like Sanders Baf,takistan, cwr2 pack). Players will have all missions in one place. And if you in future will make any new mission for this mod you can easy add them and release new ver. of mission pack.

Is this in any way related to the East China Sea conflict? Would be pretty immersive to explore this real-world issue, as it seems shaping up to be a real flashpoint.

@Kommikat

Maybe you could do a small mini campaign about a future hypothetical conflict between both factions. Maybe the quantity of players willing to download 2 full MODS and ! Island for a mission pack or mini campaign would increase. Lot's of people are not willing to download several mods just to play 1 single mission, apart from us die hard fans. I hope people are proving me wrong by downloading this mission, given the fact that they are featuring 2 amazing Mods and an Island where not so many missions has been made for. Can't recall to have seen missions for the VMA_PLA or JSDF MOD. Would be nice to have some more missions which uses these awesome mods.

Cheers

@nettrucker

I write the same suggestion to Kommiekat few weeks ago :D

Maybe you could do a small mini campaign about a future hypothetical conflict between both factions.

I think you read my mind. That is exactly what I want to do.

This mission would be the first of the campaign. Next will be either @Fiji_Island or @Tavi_Island because the resemble the outer Okinawa Islands, as you get further away from Okinawa and closer to Taiwan.

I can also make scenarios out of the standard Desert map by BIS, because it looks at lot like Western China that is occupied by Muslim citizens and also thinking of using @Duala because China has oil and mineral interest in Africa, with of course @Duala looking like Africa....

AND!

@UNSUNG MOD because just recently, China had some military personel killed on the Mekong River just a few months ago. Now they are making Patrols down the river.

Or maybe using MGB_NAM, but that lacks units and objects if you compare it to @Unsung Mod.

I'm a baby at this guys. I need some good'ol Arma team work. Learning as I crawl.;)

As promised, here's me doing the first objective in this mission. Really enjoying it so far....

Apologies for the clicks and pops at the start - forgot I had my mike open and forgot to edit them out ;-)

It's only just been processed so might take a while for 1080p to be available.

HOLY COW, Batman!

Cool stuff there. Thanks for your time and effort on that. Much appreciated. Now folks can see nettruckers great INTRO, then they can PM him with requests!! :p

Hi, Kommiekat just finished this mission. All is ok, no bugs in task, briefing. Mission ends with no problem.

Very good long mission with good tasks. With nice music and very nice cutscenes.

I was very nicely ambushed two times by Japanese patrols with armored cars :) but I managed to elimanate all enemy forces

Now im waithing for more missions from you (for VME PLA mod). :)

Cheers,

I think you read my mind. That is exactly what I want to do.

This mission would be the first of the campaign. Next will be either @Fiji_Island or @Tavi_Island because the resemble the outer Okinawa Islands, as you get further away from Okinawa and closer to Taiwan.

I can also make scenarios out of the standard Desert map by BIS, because it looks at lot like Western China that is occupied by Muslim citizens and also thinking of using @Duala because China has oil and mineral interest in Africa, with of course @Duala looking like Africa....

AND!

@UNSUNG MOD because just recently, China had some military personel killed on the Mekong River just a few months ago. Now they are making Patrols down the river.

Or maybe using MGB_NAM, but that lacks units and objects if you compare it to @Unsung Mod.

I'm a baby at this guys. I need some good'ol Arma team work. Learning as I crawl.;)

This sounds really cool, kind of scary to think of China going to war but I'd definitely play a simulation of it 8)

Yeah nettruckers set-pieces were fantastic, Indeed to keep the legs on this you'll want to create a mini-campaign and sustain the quality put into the first mission, along with Uns which is fantastic, also you have VTE, again if you want to go smaller and just an island check out Razoreniya Island which has some of the best dense jungle features around, as mentioned cant go wrong with Icebreakr's stuff also, there are many variables to choose from, so its up to you to choose what fits. As i said getting a campaign with persistent quality from mission to mission is the key, and well done again!.

again if you want to go smaller and just an island check out Razoreniya Island which has some of the best dense jungle features around,

Just checked out that island you mentioned. It has some promise indeed. I have ideas swirling around as I took a leisurely drive around it.

I think you should seriously consider postponing medical school for a few weeks and help me on this. Good idea? ;)

(pre-med) But yeah i'll speak to the dean, see how it goes :p . As for the map, yeah wonder through the jungle, had some stunning contacts in there, also your VTE variations as I mentioned, endless choices, but this is arma community, what do you expect :)