Sign in to follow this  
shephart

Confirmed features now cancelled - your thoughts?

okay, we all know that many AWESOME features has been confirmed and from screenshots and videos it has awesome graphics, gameplay and features......

but from time to time, BIS started to "take back" some AWESOME confirmed features, lets start with the helicopter flight model that BIS confirmed, but will may be changed :

Quote from Sticky topic : ArmA 3 confirmed features and discussion :

You may want to change the Helicopter flight model to "no comment". Listen to this Podcast and go to 1 hour 19 mins where it is mentioned that it is not fully implemented and may not be..then he left it with a No Comment... Maybe physx 3 issues... who knows..everything is so quiet of late.

i mean, WTF ?!!! firstly they confirmed it and now it won´t may be fully implemented ?! BIS give us to less infos, he is right, everything is so quiet, we don´t get much infos about the game and when they want to remove a confirmed feature (for whatever the reason is), they won´t tell us, WE THE COMMUNITY ARE TOO BAD INFORMED !!

now lets go to another features which was/is confirmed but now postponed and can be later even removed :

Underground structures, they were firstly confirmed and are under the confirmed features list, yet one of the devs says at the gamescom that they have problems with the AI and the underground construction systems and for now there won´t be underground structures, here quoted :

From Old Bear's visit to Gamescom:

In fact, if I understood correctly, BIS made lots of tests that work more or less well. Ivan told me that for example in VBS, they found a way to include objects underground to tunnels, passages ... and it works in VBS, but in Arma3 environment , AI perceives the object hidden in the ground as a barrier and tends to avoid it... which is not the goal .... Furthermore, the IA refuse to engage in tunnels created. So for the moment, no underground objects in Arma3.

WTF ?! BIS?! whats wrong with you ?! even when the AI does not work underground, you can add underground structures just for the players + then you are some steps forward, you can fix all these problems maybe in a patch or when you work on a DLC for arma 3 or you want to bring out later ArmA 4, you can fix these problems but maybe cancel underground structure features just because AI problems ?! thats a bad idea !

now lets go to another feature which is under confirmed list and was confirmed by BIS :

the 3D editor... sorry i did not found a detailed article about it, you have to search for yourself where it was confirmed that it has been cancelled, but its 100% cancelled, idk why.

maybe there are some more features that has been cancelled, if you know more features that has been cancelled, post it here !

now, what do you think about it ? i think that in the future, more confirmed features will be postponed or even cancelled and that arma 3 will be more like arma 2 (of course not from the content) but with updated graphics and ragdolls/physics and some small improvements (when they won´t cancel it) but arma 3 won´t be the awesome game that many peoples wan´t to see and have been seen it over the time when the news and videos came until they confirmed that some features will be removed, i believe that arma 3 will be fail, or most of the feaures will be fail.

I'm 12 and wat is this.

and the community will fail too with theyr trolling.

I regard your post a troll = we're even! You can't possibly expect BIS to include every single daydreamers' wish into the game.

Underwater terrain & combat

Ragdoll physics for infantry

Wheel (& tracked) vehicle physics and weight simulation

Reworked animations

New dynamic stance system (CTRL key)

Two new massive and massively-detailed islands

Innumerable new units, weapons and equipment,

All of the above is on top of ArmA II

Not enough?

Its impossible to say if things are 100% confirmed when the game is in alpha, things will be taken away and added. I think that the "confirmed" list is more as a "working" list aka they are working on it and they want to have it but its impossible to say if it will be in the final product(there are exceptions like the underwater part).

See it like this, unless you dont see it(on vids or pics), its not confirmed

Just wait until A3 is released and prepare a thread/sticky "A3 - splendid promises and awesome ingame facts & features!" Just a list without mad or overexcited feelings.

I regard your post a troll = we're even! You can't possibly expect BIS to include every single daydreamers' wish into the game.

Underwater terrain & combat

Ragdoll physics for infantry

Wheel (& tracked) vehicle physics and weight simulation

Reworked animations

New dynamic stance system (CTRL key)

Two new massive and massively-detailed islands

Innumerable new units, weapons and equipment,

All of the above is on top of ArmA II

Not enough?

i did not say that every single daydreamers should go into the game, please read my post again until you understand my post.

of course there will be new & improved things, yet i talk about the confirmed features that BIS has confirmed in interviews but later cancelled or postponed and that in future more features can be cancelled or postponed that that arma 3 won´t be that game that everyone saw it in the videos, pictures and on gamescom when its released, and for some peoples, arma 3 will be pretty much fail or most of the features, too bad that the guy who did the AI left it.

oh and btw, youre not only trolling my topics, but i saw you trolling on other topics.

Its impossible to say if things are 100% confirmed when the game is in alpha, things will be taken away and added. I think that the "confirmed" list is more as a "working" list aka they are working on it and they want to have it but its impossible to say if it will be in the final product(there are exceptions like the underwater part).

See it like this, unless you dont see it(on vids or pics), its not confirmed

true, the confirmed feature list should not be trusted 100% and i don´t truts the list 100%, but i read and listen to what the devs says and what the videos and screenshots show us.

fuck you faggot!

first of all, stop trolling.

secondly, stop faking my posts, the topic title says "arma 3 = fail ?" with a "?" understand ? it mean that it can be fail, i never said it will be 100% fail, i believe it can be fail.

and third, even when i said that like you faked my post, learn to take critism

Edited by shephart

i talk about the confirmed features that BIS has confirmed in interviews but later cancelled or postponed and that in future more features can be cancelled or postponed that that arma 3 won´t be that game that everyone saw it in the videos, pictures and on gamescom when its released

Are you fvcking kidding me? :icon_mrgreen: FPDR

Patient on the loose, Mods, nurses, medical personnel, halp!!

3D Editor is not cancelled, it will be carried over as-is from Arma 2. Underground structures, idk why this is important. AI can´t even use buildings properly, and you want to add even MORE useless terrain that cannot be used by anyone but the player? Helicopter flight model: this is already developed in TOH, but a lot of things have been mentioned as being in flux when I talked to dev peolpe at Gamescom. They are doing proper development: instead of tacking shit on that ends up half-finished like they did with Arma 2, they started with a big list and now are in the process of throwing out everything they cannot get to work as it should, to AAA game standards.

Again, they will -not- implement anything they cannot get to work without hitches and falls, and things that are already in but too difficult/time consuming to develop are being left as is (ie, 3D Editor for example.).

Now, these are things I have seen at gamescom that are implemented right now.

Dynamic stances/additional movement modes.

Weapons modification.

Personal protection gear (Bodyarmour, Helmets, Gasmasks/Glasses, Rebreathers.)

Weight modelling for all equipment, fatigue and encumberance modelling, slot limitations based on type of Loadbearing equipment.

Additional difficulty selections (Hint system, class specific HUD indicators)

New Muzzleflashes and according AI changes (Flash suppressors vs Recoil compensators vs Silencers affect AI visual/audio spotting differently as far as I was told.)

Improved AI (No new features, but completely spring-cleaned build with corrected and improved settings, as well as streamlined AI navigation and world perception. This was mentioned in a devblog too.)

Obviously, vehicle physics. Physics also affect smoke (Rotor downwash, wind, blastwaves) and will probably also be used to implement stuff like fastroping/vehicle towing.

All existing Arma 2/OA features where they have not been replaced with improved/more advanced substitutes.

Improved vehicle damage system, building on the existing one. (No penetration modelling so far, I believe.)

Performance enhancements.

Improved 2D editor with new features (briefing manager, possibly gear manager and other tools.)

New features/improvements regarding mod support.

Not to mention a brand new, OFP:R styled campaign, missions, and we´ve got a fair chance of also seeing an overhauled MP, a wide range of new models, units, weapons, improved modelling for all of those too. The weapons for example use memory points for the attachments, so -any- weapon in the future will be able to take -any- attachment added to the game and allowed for use by the mission editor. I am sure the community will expand on this by adding new mounting systems that limit which sights can be mounted on which gun (Russian dovetail rails vs picatinny rail for example.), but generally, weapons packs will now only need to contain the weapons system (ie, complete rifle.) And all attachments can be added by the player. That means an M16 weapons pack will not need to contain multiple hundreds of differently configured weapons, but instead only 1 rifle for each type/weapons system setups (For example, M16A3, M16A3+M203, M16A4+Foregrip, etc) and any number of attachments, plus the native attachments from the game.

idk.

Same thing for bodyarmour, rigs, combat fatigues and helmets.

I don´t know what you´re complaining about. Looking at it rationally, they are only make sure that they are making a good game. I´d start to worry once substantial and already demonstrated features are being thrown out, or massive design changes are implemented out of the blue without explanation.

That´s not happened, however, so stop acting all upset. :(

3D Editor is not cancelled, it will be carried over as-is from Arma 2. Underground structures, idk why this is important. AI can´t even use buildings properly, and you want to add even MORE useless terrain that cannot be used by anyone but the player? Helicopter flight model: this is already developed in TOH, but a lot of things have been mentioned as being in flux when I talked to dev peolpe at Gamescom. They are doing proper development: instead of tacking shit on that ends up half-finished like they did with Arma 2, they started with a big list and now are in the process of throwing out everything they cannot get to work as it should, to AAA game standards.

Again, they will -not- implement anything they cannot get to work without hitches and falls, and things that are already in but too difficult/time consuming to develop are being left as is (ie, 3D Editor for example.).

Now, these are things I have seen at gamescom that are implemented right now.

Dynamic stances/additional movement modes.

Weapons modification.

Personal protection gear (Bodyarmour, Helmets, Gasmasks/Glasses, Rebreathers.)

Weight modelling for all equipment, fatigue and encumberance modelling, slot limitations based on type of Loadbearing equipment.

Additional difficulty selections (Hint system, class specific HUD indicators)

New Muzzleflashes and according AI changes (Flash suppressors vs Recoil compensators vs Silencers affect AI visual/audio spotting differently as far as I was told.)

Improved AI (No new features, but completely spring-cleaned build with corrected and improved settings, as well as streamlined AI navigation and world perception. This was mentioned in a devblog too.)

Obviously, vehicle physics. Physics also affect smoke (Rotor downwash, wind, blastwaves) and will probably also be used to implement stuff like fastroping/vehicle towing.

All existing Arma 2/OA features where they have not been replaced with improved/more advanced substitutes.

Improved vehicle damage system, building on the existing one. (No penetration modelling so far, I believe.)

Performance enhancements.

Improved 2D editor with new features (briefing manager, possibly gear manager and other tools.)

New features/improvements regarding mod support.

Not to mention a brand new, OFP:R styled campaign, missions, and we´ve got a fair chance of also seeing an overhauled MP, a wide range of new models, units, weapons, improved modelling for all of those too. The weapons for example use memory points for the attachments, so -any- weapon in the future will be able to take -any- attachment added to the game and allowed for use by the mission editor. I am sure the community will expand on this by adding new mounting systems that limit which sights can be mounted on which gun (Russian dovetail rails vs picatinny rail for example.), but generally, weapons packs will now only need to contain the weapons system (ie, complete rifle.) And all attachments can be added by the player. That means an M16 weapons pack will not need to contain multiple hundreds of differently configured weapons, but instead only 1 rifle for each type/weapons system setups (For example, M16A3, M16A3+M203, M16A4+Foregrip, etc) and any number of attachments, plus the native attachments from the game.

idk.

Same thing for bodyarmour, rigs, combat fatigues and helmets.

I don´t know what you´re complaining about. Looking at it rationally, they are only make sure that they are making a good game. I´d start to worry once substantial and already demonstrated features are being thrown out, or massive design changes are implemented out of the blue without explanation.

That´s not happened, however, so stop acting all upset. :(

did u saw when the vehicles brake, that there is brake sounds + tire tracks at the ground ?

did u saw when the vehicles brake, that there is brake sounds + tire tracks at the ground ?

Dude! Full gearbox simulation, your battery even dies if you leave the lights on.

Dude! Full gearbox simulation, your battery even dies if you leave the lights on.

thats nice

thats nice

Yeah, don't forg3t tidal wave simulation and procedural generation of terrain - we can finally play Capture The Island on the Moon!

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Thread title changed, infractions and warnings handed out.

I think that there is place alngside the confirmed features thread for another thread to discuss about features that were announced but yet cancelled (be it temprary or permanently). But keep the discussion in a reasonable manner, do not insult each other and let other opinions live, they might not more wrong or right than your own.

So, thread remains open as long you can talk civilized.

Myke;2220826']So' date=' thread remains open as long you can talk civilized.[/quote']

Hello Gentlemen,

For BIS are not supermen and they cannot achieve all goals in limited time, with a budget and for all subgoals of such a community.

Therefore it is quite natural, normal and productive for us if they cancel what is unmakeable due to their current state or avoidable to improve a more important aspect of the game.

I bid you goodnight.

Well they also might add some other unannounced features like the particles beign pushed away by rotor downwash and stuff. I mean, there are things that didn't even were talked about straight away (targeting systems? mod integration? editor enhancements? General info about the factions\equipments? We could see even more things cancelled :icon_twisted:). You can also count in patches\DLCs\expansions (not likely) to add even more features as every new release for A2 they brought something meaningfull to the game.

For the cancelled features: I belive that BIS is really commited to deliver a polished and tight experience this time and had to spend more time on that than what first planned.

Quality over quantity.

Sounds straangely familiar .... oh wait, we´ve been through this already!

To summarize what .kju failed to imply with his witty "leave my BI in peace" comment was that, rather than having 3 MBT´s per faction, we´d rather want to see only one perfectly modelled instead - with interiors, fully simulated target aquisition system, etc. - the whole package.

This of course also goes for any other feature/asset. Like fastroping for instance. Let´s just assume there was fastroping in ArmA3, but it wouldn´t work in multiplayer.

Would such a feature certify as quality, or quantity. Ask yourselves lads ;)

Who is "we" - a handful people in a German hater forum?

I was only showing you people your double standards and "we want it all/both" attitude.

But as we can see, you haven't realized it even now.

Honestly, if BI pull off the whole "polished experiance" on release (meaning wayy less bugs than in A2) think about all that energy that they normally put into fixing bugs, but instead with so much less bugs to fix they start adding new features for free in the future updates, I think it was already mentioned we could expect underground structures at some point post release maybe, what about defrerred shading? That was also mentioned as loosely a possibility and it might actually BE possible if the first couple years after Arma 3 comes out don't have to be dedicated toward un-braking the game! Look towards the future lads, the future is bright!

TBH, if ArmA III succeeds as a multiplayer game with a strong competitive playerbase, then I hope BIS will milk us via DLCs to give u guise whatever dreams you have. 3D Editor? DLC! Alternate Standardised Bug-free & balanced PvP gamemodes with unique unit sets? DLC! ToH copter flight model? DLC! What else is there on the wishlist? I'm not joking. :)

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

P.S. Stay rational, don't dream of things that even multi-billion studios can't achieve. Ragdoll physics and reworked animations on a new island alone is worthy of the name ArmA III.

Who is "we" - a handful people in a German hater forum?

I was only showing you people your double standards and "we want it all/both" attitude.

But as we can see, you haven't realized it even now.

Yeah yeah .. lets resort to calling "haters" :rolleyes:

The thing is, you don´t have rights to define who "we" is, same as i don´t.

The people wanting full scale MBT or the ones upvoting "no more "TAB lock" are total supporters of the ArmA franchise, not even deeply involved with any hating at all.

You are mixing things up, polished release with less bugs does not equal quality over quantity.

It just is what it is, a polished release.

Quality over quantity, the term you love so much yet fail to understand, is exactly that: one MBT instead of three.

btw. Where do you see "want it all" attitude?

It´s another of those blind defense arguements some people seem to be drawing very quick around here...

You cannot even have a out of the box talk without someone jumping in and blindly defending anything.

I dont really care as long as they are included later for free, not because i don't want to pay, but i think that if there's going to be, eventually, a 3D editor or TOH's flight model; they should be available to everyone who buys ArmA III.