Greenberet40

Esbekistan Map v.1.0 20x20

Esbekistan version 1.0

56111440093413062041345.jpg

42895340093403461801966.jpg

48770940093395861617916.jpg

40967040093418662189421.jpg

Greenberet Regimiento44®

After a hard work that has taken six months of production Greenberet pleased to announce the first version of ESBESKISTAN.

First I want to say that this map could not have been completed without the help of comrade Robster he has helped me at all times giving me solutions to all the problems I've had.

GBR

ESBESKITAN : REAL SAT IMAGE FROM BORDER PAKISTAN-AFGHANISTAN map 20x20 Kms.

Two airports with their respective bases both north and south

The central base "Regimiento44" has training camp.

Airfield zone for target practice exercises

Four cities in the northwest of the map as in Southeast and the South

Two main valleys located in the center of the map

Two large lakes located in the northern part of the map

Road network around the map

3 little FOBs in the north of map and central located

Several villages around all the map.

Things to discover...

Known errors:

I have a problem with the visibility of a bridge in the northern map

GreenBeret notes:

Pay special attention when you drive in the map case to put traffic signs on the map

Adknowledgements to:

Robster support

Bushlurker support

101Columdrum support

88th Kinno

Xavier Berthelot for the soundtrack of the intro

Tupolov for intro

Homer Johnston for his Roadpainter

Mikesbart for vegetation and rocks

Opteryx for great objects.

101Minimalaco.

101Santos,101Rafiki,101GoStRoM for the continued support

Some comrades were lost along the way.........

Requirements

Arma2-Operation Arrowhead

Download HERE (All pbo's Included):

https://rapidshare.com/files/3171888023/_Esbekistan_V1.0.rar

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/67832086/%40Esbekistan_V1.0.rar

ESBEKISTAN Version 1.0

- Scene Intro by Tupolov

pacqd.jpg

Edited by GreenBeret40

Thank you very much for all your hard work and a big thanks for sharing this with us. I am downloading now!

Wow - this is a huge map! It's going to take me while to fly around it!!

Edited by Jedra

That looks like a really good job. Great diversity, huge map.

Those caves.

Will test asap, i hope it won't be too unfriendly with my computer FPS-wise.

Those fisheye effects on the video almost made me puke, though.

wena ctm!!!!

erm

finally this baby has seen the light... congratulations !!!

:D

Firstly, I just want to thank you very much for putting this lovely map together. Liked the FOB designs and really loved the main base/airfield layout and design. This is yet another great looking (and so far good performance as well!) map for the community to enjoy which gives a way better Afghan-style feeling to ArmA than Takistan IMO.

My only complaint is that it kind of sucks when you guys put together such great maps to enjoy, but you never see any real good public missions released. Yeah I know, the whole "make them yourself then" mentality. But, it just boggles my mind sometimes that when things that are released and not tucked away by closed squads tend to get made on or ported to Takistan, when there are clearly way better maps, such as this. My being a crybaby aside (lol), I look forward to playing on this a lot and will have to learn from the bottom up on how to make missions, as it would be an utter crime to not see some missions for this beauty. :yay:

Seriosuly, you did a great job on Esbekistan. My hats off to you and your talents, sir. :)

Downloading now, from the 4 pictures I saw this looks like a beautiful map! Congratulations on the release!

Hello,

nicely done mate. Played a couple of hours on that map already and its really cool. Good looking, good performance, and its giant ;) Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Still I have something to complain about^^:

There is a rock on the road, west of Kamir. Not a problem for me though, but you know the AI Drivin' skillz^^

Made a picture to locate the position easier.

Map location: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1748/rock2j.jpg

rock1k.jpg

Thanks for all your work mate ;) I keep playing on that map for a while now.

LJ

Thanks Sirs ok please let know any bug that you see on the map .

For example i see on the clutter a lot of tussock clutter http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3348/mbctussock01.png addon (i put 0.1 over 0.01 glups¡¡¡¡)

i try to solve in the next version :o

pacqd.jpg

Edited by GreenBeret40

My only complaint is that it kind of sucks when you guys put together such great maps to enjoy, but you never see any real good public missions released. Yeah I know, the whole "make them yourself then" mentality.

i will help out :)

Hey great stuff, however only one of the .pbo files has a .bisign indicated not all files were signed. Might help to include those even if they were not signed by you. Also would help if you included the .bikey for server owners and if the other files were signed by someone else to also provide the appropriate .bikeys for those. This is the only thing keeping Military Gaming's members from doing some serious testing for you.

Also the runways at the SE. The numbers are upside down. 22 should be viewed right side up at the tip of the runway for the heading of 220. I know Bohemia messed this up as well from what I remember... at least in Chernarus. The opposite direction would also be runway 04. Also since you have parallel runways you need them to be..... 22L, 22R, and 04L, and 04R. L and R indicated if its the left or the right. However the Sat map only seems to show a single runway that is much longer. Those runways are a little short and look completely out of place unless that runway on the satmap was an old runway now used as a taxiway or some crap.

Edited by Alderman

Nice to see such big map, will try it definitely. One little request: I have already all additional files that are packed with this map (and I think not only me), so can you upload the archive with only map itself?

After going through the map I absolutely love it!

one request though, about 11 minutes in to your video you can see what looks like a cave system.

(lol at the link timing)

Is it at all possible to get even a hint of where that cave is? I have searched the map for about an hour and a half and not found anything, I was going to make a mission which was to make use of that location.

Hello Sir. Sorry im forget this.The caves in this version not exist ... im explain in firts person view the caves are very real the problem is when you see the stone grounds when you fly around the caves the groups of rocks are not very real (horrible you see like a groups pancake stones). im working on it and in the next version i try to solve this.

thanks

pacqd.jpg

After going through the map I absolutely love it!

one request though, about 11 minutes in to your video you can see what looks like a cave system.

(lol at the link timing)

Is it at all possible to get even a hint of where that cave is? I have searched the map for about an hour and a half and not found anything, I was going to make a mission which was to make use of that location.

i will help out :)

Sounds promising :) Happy to hear that!

Hello Sir. Sorry im forget this.The caves in this version not exist ... im explain in firts person view the caves are very real the problem is when you see the stone grounds when you fly around the caves the groups of rocks are not very real (horrible you see like a groups pancake stones). im working on it and in the next version i try to solve this.

thanks

I guess its kinda Arma limitation problem. Undergrounds, tunnels, I never saw much of that. Also I'm not sure if the AI will accept those Caves as an entry or breakthrough. But it would be nice to give the talibans a place to hide :D

LJ

Yes Sir now im upload only the map.pbo

On this afternoon i put the download link

Thank you very much, looking forward to downloading the terrain.

Had a quick fly and drive around yesterday, hope to have a good look today sometime..

Thank you for sharing this great terrain..:)

Hmmm.... tried a vanilla quick test/journey but among other error reports in arma2oa.rpt there is also this if you close the map and go back to A2OA main menu:

Missing addons detected: jsrs_m134 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jsrs_m134
Just check where this soundmod dependency starts and kill it with fire! Let islands/maps be "vanilla" as much as possible. ;)

Hmmm.... tried a vanilla quick test/journey but among other error reports in arma2oa.rpt there is also this if you close the map and go back to A2OA main menu: Just check where this soundmod dependency starts and kill it with fire! Let islands/maps be "vanilla" as much as possible. ;)

JSRS as good as it is, has a habit of sneaking unbidden into missions and addons.

I started the Esbekistan test just with vanilla A2OA = map/island makers mishap. JSRS needs to get better especially with sneaky/config part. :sad panda:

Missing addons detected: jsrs_m134 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jsrs_m134

Shite... the old same problem as always. Going to delete the files in 1.5.