Sign in to follow this  
darthun

already included Thirsk Winter Weather game logic

Hi,

This is my first post, and i'm new to mission editing, so please be gentle.

Problem : i can't change the weather on thirsk winter map.

Situation :

I found this nice unit under game logic faction in thirsk winter map while editing. it's called Thirsk Weather. you can set the unit to either be fog, snow, or snowstorm, with different strenghts.

I'd like to start the mission with snow4, and then have a trigger that switches it to a snowstorm. The only way i can make use of this nice weather unit (although it looks more like a module, but it's really under units in the editor) is to place it on the map when mission start.

i tried createvehicle, deletevehicle, setdamage, playing with fuel and ammo, and nothing seems to affect the weather.

from the mission sqm file, i found out that "TH_SNOWSTORM1" seems to be either the unit name or classname of the unit.

Here is what i found in the mission sqm.

class Item9
	{
		side="LOGIC";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				presenceCondition="true;";
				position[]={286.97705,-4,4540.6621};
				id=55;
				side="LOGIC";
				vehicle="TH_SNOWSTORM1";
				leader=1;
				skill=1;
			};
		};
	};

I would like to switch from "TH_SNOWSTORM1" to "TH_FOG3" with a trigger, for example. can anyone help ?

thank you :)

Also, i tried searching on the web, but i didn't find anything related to this weather feature in thirsk winter, a part for some youtube comments that said : " thirsk comes with it's own weather addon" (which i believe is what i'm playing with)

Hey everyone. I too would like to do pretty much the same thing. I'm moderately good with scripts, and have plugged away at this for many of nights, trying to simply change it from a steady flurry, to a wailing snow storm. Sadly, unsuccessful. I really don't think they made these logics, so that only 1 can be used per mission....just wouldn't make sense. Has anyone figured this out?

Once again...Here's the simple question.

How does one whilst in game change from 1 weather logic to another on Thirsk Island? - i.e. Snow4 to SnowStorm?

Thankyou in advance...any suggestions are appreciated.

+Ch!cago+

I can create logic in script like this:

createCenter SideLogic;
_grpLog = createGroup SideLogic;
_logObject = _grpLog CreateUnit ["TH_SNOWSTORM1",[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];

But the weather doesnt seem to change if I delete it and add a new one...and it doesn't error..

createCenter SideLogic;
_logObject = _grpLog CreateUnit ["TH_SNOWSTORM1",[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];

sleep 120;
deleteVehicle _logObject;
_logObject = _grpLog CreateUnit ["TH_FOG3",[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];
hint "changed";