Sign in to follow this  
DaiAku

Access to Beta with Steam pre-order?

Hi Everyone,

New to the forums and looking forward to the game! - one of my old time favorites from years ago. I just pre-ordered on steam.

I was wonder if it is possible to get the beta through steam pre-order or do I have to wait a few weeks for the shipped version?

Thanks

I did exactly the same thing. Looks like we will have to wait, although I splurged out and bought another copy from the bistudio store :D

Here's the post I made regarding Steam pre-order

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139446-Pre-ordered-on-steam-Do-I-qualify-for-the-beta

Cheers,

Splunk

Thanks Splunkjamma. The video through me off too - it is really misleading even if unintentional - they should remove the video from steam now or put the beta on steam.

Hi guys,

We've just submitted a replacement video to Steam, so hopefully the current video will be replaced soon. Again apologies for the confusion.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139446-Pre-ordered-on-steam-Do-I-qualify-for-the-beta&p=2216995&viewfull=1#post2216995

Thanks for the prompt response! Looking forward to game - cant wait to play! :)

edit:

Nervermind, I cancelled my preorder purchase on steam and am expecting to get a refund there. I think it's really bad behaviour to falsely advertise like this (where I live this is illegal) so I am not going to support this company in any way, neither by buying carrier command nor any other product to come.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the confusion. The beta is indeed only available when you pre-order from Store.bistudio.com. The current video on Steam has actually already been out for a while, when Steam pre-orders weren't live yet -

. Since we were required to place a video on Steam, we put this up as a placeholder. It's definitely not ideal, but we're planning to replace this video with a new trailer within 2-3 weeks.

source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139446-Pre-ordered-on-steam-Do-I-qualify-for-the-beta

Excuse me? This being "not ideal" is the understatement of the year, as stated above, in some countries this is not considered "not ideal" but plain illegal..

And yes, I may be steaming (no pun intended ;) ) a bit right now and probably overreacting, but I really feel betrayed by Bohemia Interactive. It would have been easy to just write someting on Steam along the lines of "preordering here doesn't give you access to the beta" if you're too lazy to shorten the video by 20s which would have done the trick as well..

Regards

Rolki

Edited by Rolkhar

Rolkhar

They provide a video to Steam - its not BI that screwed you. Steam is responsible for what they advertise on their site - not BI. Steam should have edited it - or made it clear in their documentation to you that preordering through them would not get you beta access.

BI not only is not responsible for the screw up - they even make the game available to you CHEAPER than if you buy it through Steam right now. Your anger is misplaced.

They shouldn't provide a misleading video to steam in the first place, so in my opinion it is their fault.

Edited by Rolkhar

They shouldn't provide a misleading video to steam in the first place, so in my opinion it is their fault.

Hi Rolkhar,

I am sorry you feel this way but I assure you this was not our intent. Our company is known for supporting it's user base both in terms of tech support (including patches etc), and also in terms of modding. Our aim is for our user base to enjoy our games so that we may improve them, learning from mistakes, and implementing desired features.

The video mix-up is very unfortunate, and I am very sorry it gave you the wrong impression of the game, especially with regards to the beta.

Take care

I am sorry you feel this way but I assure you this was not our intent.

I assumed that you didn't do this on purpose, and as stated in my first post (quote: "(...) and probably overreacting (...)" ) I knew that I was a bit harsh. I was just disappointed that I couldn't play the beta right away after preordering on Steam. I even watched the trailer a second time on that saturday just to be sure that I'd get access to the beta before I preordered and was kinda pissed off after buying and then googling why I couldn't donwload anything on Steam (I know, in retrospective maybe the wrong order..). I was just looking for some game for the weekend and maybe a couple of other spare hours until the release of Borderlands 2 (which will release sooner than carrier command) and thought cc might fill the gap.

I appologize to anyone who might have been offended by my words and wish you all the best of luck for the launch / have fun with the game :)

Kind regards

Rolki

ps: the smileys in this forum look pretty awkward :p

pps: "preview post" ends up in messing up the text under "your message" (part of the text before a linebreak appears twice) - doesn't look very professional