Sign in to follow this  
Splunkjamma

Pre ordered on steam. Do I qualify for the beta?

Hi all,

As the title says. I found it pretty cool that there is a remake of Carrier Command as I was a big fan back in the day and was itching to get on to the beta.

Since I have pre ordered from steam though I've got a bad feeling I cannot play the beta. Ho hum.

Can anyone clarify for me?

Cheers,

Splunk

I hope and think you will get the beta if you pre-order on steam... if you do I'll buy it :)

I hope and think you will get the beta if you pre-order on steam... if you do I'll buy it :)

I will keep ya posted if I do. Nothing on steams end so far as the game is grayed out in my library.

If you pre-ordered through steam - I don't think you get the beta. You have to actually sign up for the P&C beta program to get the beta is my understanding.

meh, given that the trailer video on the Steam store page for CC says preorder to get the beta I think that's a bit shite.

i dont really mind if the beta is restricted to people who order direct from BI

but to say its a preorder perk *in the Steam promo* material is a bit crap.

To check it, skip to 1min from the endof the video here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65740/

tbf I preordered on the strength of steamworks integration and 3D Vision support, not beta access, but it would be nice...

S

Thanks for the response folks, guess I will have to wait till the release date.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the confusion. The beta is indeed only available when you pre-order from Store.bistudio.com. The current video on Steam has actually already been out for a while, when Steam pre-orders weren't live yet -

. Since we were required to place a video on Steam, we put this up as a placeholder. It's definitely not ideal, but we're planning to replace this video with a new trailer within 2-3 weeks.

You can always cancel the pre-order and then buy into P&C. You get the beta and the game (through BI) AND pay less for it. Or you can do the Contributor path and get one from BI and one from Steam.

I believe steam can also provide beta access for pre-orders

ive had beta access for one game i pre-ordered before on steam so it should be possible

I also purchase my copy from Steam and hope I can access and assess the beta version.