P I R O G - AFRF
A campaign for ArmA II Combined Operations
Converted to AFRF by Stagler
Requires Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation
After the Cold War, Chernarus betrayed Russia and separated as an independent state. The Chernarussian people never said a single 'Thank You' even though throughout the Cold War, Chernarus was modernised out of the relative poverty and ruin that followed WW2. After the separation, Russia was busy with its own problems in the Caucasus. Chernarus used this time to build up a pro-American economy from their oil reserves and caviar fished from the Black Sea. The USA - of course - supports them much better than Moscow militarily and the Chernarussian government - when their economy and newly americanised CDF was ready - started a very aggressive and provocative policy towards Russia. Citizenship of Russian nationals living in the country was revoked. Criminal attacks against Russians was daily in the Northern part of Chernarus. It finally came to blows as CDF units launched rocket attacks into southern Russia bordering Chernarus. Russia was obliged to respond with force...
This campaign is focused on the regular infantry combat with armored and air support. This is not a special operations or pilot campaign.
- Weapon selection (if not during the briefing, it possible later from vehicles).
- Not one team or lone wolf against the whole CDF army style missions.
- Usually leading one squad, but attacking with other squads in most missions. Later you can lead multiple squads (High Command). Large "battlefield" feel to gameplay.
- Multiple playable roles (you can switch to the squad sniper or AT soldier within your squad).
- Not a very deep story with romance, but there are lovable/hateable characters.
- English dialogue
- Increased difficulty from original campaign as the AFRF are less well equipped (but more realistically) than BIS Russian forces.
Thanks again to Bardosy for agreeing to the re-release of this great campaign, and all his hard work in creating the original.
Rapidshare - DOWNLOAD v1.0 (FIXED AFRF version: 28.08.2012)