Sign in to follow this  
lao fei mao

Increased Bloodspat

Hi, all, today I'd like to share my another little addons - increased bloodspat.

- This little stuff could give me an enhanced sniping experience, maybe not real, but I like it, guess someone else may like it too, so share it with you.

- It works well with ACE or without ACE enviroment.

- Have fun.

- download:http://www.gamefront.com/files/22163610/Mao_Increased_Bloodspat_rar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4O3UXV07DU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Is this wip or complete? Cause there is no downloadlink.

----Just add the download link

Horrahh! thanks mate, cool mod been waiting so long for something like this. Is it possible to make the blood a darker color? or is it the color of the actual texture?

I can make any color of it, blue, green.... but after several trying, I felt the current color is best, some people say it should be pink, anyway, I never see the real one.

I can make any color of it, blue, green.... but after several trying, I felt the current color is best, some people say it should be pink, anyway, I never see the real one.

Nah the red is good, maybe a little darker but not pink ;p The real thing you rarely see anything unless they are hit in the head maybe or multiple 7.62 in the body maybe also, but bodies tends to bleed after rather than straight away.

Can you limit it by caliber. Looks good for 12.7mm but when people wearing body armor take 5.56 I doubt there's much to see.

Maybe instead of a red blood color change it to something like white or grey smoke... so it looks more like bursting clothes, or something like that, dunno. But will download it right away anyways ;) Thanks mate.

LJ

Next step would be having blood splats over the ground (like in SLX), that would be truely awesome. ;]

Regards,

TB

Can you limit it by caliber. Looks good for 12.7mm but when people wearing body armor take 5.56 I doubt there's much to see.

Actually I did tried to do this, but failed.

Under the "class bulletcore", there is a subclass: hit_blood [] = {ImpactBlood;} and the "class ImpactBlood" was define in config.bin"CaParticleEffects", there is also a "class ImpactEffectBlood", then the strang thing comes, no matter what value I changed for parameter of ImpactBlood, it doesn't work. Only when changing the value of ImpactEffectBlood, it works. So I doubt that the "ImpactEffectBlood" is hardcoded into bulletcore hiteffects and it has a priority to "ImpactBlood".

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Next step would be having blood splats over the ground (like in SLX), that would be truely awesome. ;]

Regards,

TB

Yeah, blood on the ground is easy, both SLX and ACE have the feature, but the hard part is spraying and painting the blood on the wall. ArmA2 engine seems unable to do this. So sad, even 10 years old Counter-strike 1.6 can do this. If anyone could have an idea solve it, would be really awesome, imagine a bad guy standing before a wall, then his blood splash out and painted on the wall after being hit by a 12.7 ammo.....so damn brutal. I do hope ArmA3 could bring us such feature.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Actually I did tried to do this, but failed.

Under the "class bulletcore", there is a subclass: hit_blood [] = {ImpactBlood;} and the "class ImpactBlood" was define in config.bin"CaParticleEffects", there is also a "class ImpactEffectBlood", then the strang thing comes, no matter what value I changed for parameter of ImpactBlood, it doesn't work. Only when changing the value of ImpactEffectBlood, it works. So I doubt that the "ImpactEffectBlood" is hardcoded into bulletcore hiteffects and it has a priority to "ImpactBlood".

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Yeah, blood on the ground is easy, both SLX and ACE have the feature, but the hard part is spraying and painting the blood on the wall. ArmA2 engine seems unable to do this. So sad, even 10 years old Counter-strike 1.6 can do this. If anyone could have an idea solve it, would be really awesome, imagine a bad guy standing before a wall, then his blood splash out and painted on the wall after being hit by a 12.7 ammo.....so damn brutal. I do hope ArmA3 could bring us such feature.

SLX_wounds can do this, shoot a guy against a wall and the wall will recieve blood splats. Also, blood splats will stick to objects and even units, I've often seen units running around with blood splats attached to them.