Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's Stance Indicator

Deadfast's Stance Indicator

Adds a HUD element indicating the player's current stance and whether running or walking mode is selected.

MP Compatible: Yes, client side

Signed: Yes, key here

Requires: ARMA 2, ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, or ARMA 2: Combined Operations; C.B.A.

stanceindicator_screen_small.jpg

stanceindicator.jpg

Battles are confusing. And they should be. Unfortunately ARMA's controls can sometimes unrighfully contribute to the confusion.

This addon aims to at least partially reclify that by displaying a simple image in the lower right part of your screen. All images are fully customizable (see included readme).

Edited by Deadfast

I was waiting for that you know. :p

Cheers and great to see you finally pushed that out.

Nice!

I'm looking forward to trying this one out, and it's already easy for me to imagine that it's never going to leave my list of active Addons.

Thank you for it!

I can't count the number of times that I've accidentally sprinted out around a corner to get hosed when all I meant to do was walk up to the corner to peak around its edge.

Hah!

Thanks deadfast. I very much appreciate your work on this and your other addons, which are in my perminent client side playlist.

Glad you guys like it. I do have a small request though - if you replace the stance images could you please post your version here? Perhaps others will like it better too.

Hi - great mod, but is there a way to make it work for the Armory mode? Works in scenarios and boot camp, except as noted below.

If I start a brand new portion of a boot camp mission, it will work. But if I re enter a boot camp mission that was saved or autosaved, it will not work. Thanks

Edited by allthumbs

Thanks - next play I will try it out - but, sorry but not sure what to do with the file you posted. It is a version of the pbo, right? I tried for a couple hours to copy the changes from the new file to the old one without success, but finally gave up because I don't know what I am doing in that regard, or what I am trying to achieve. I appreciate any suggestions and I will gladly try it out.

Edited by allthumbs
stupidity

Sorry, it seems Dropbox is stupid and for some reason considers PBO a text file. You were supposed to download it and overwrite the original PBO.

But that doesn't matter now, I've tested it now and it works. So...

New version released:

http://deadfast.armaholic.eu/download.php?file=downloads/dfs_stanceindicator_v0.2.zip

• Fixed indicator not returning upon loading a saved game

Thanks for the update.

It’s a great little addon, especially when moving away from ace, as I am for a while for SP.

When you get to a certain age you need some sort of indicator to show you if your stood up or lying down;).

Thanks for the update.

It’s a great little addon, especially when moving away from ace, as I am for a while for SP.

When you get to a certain age you need some sort of indicator to show you if your stood up or lying down;).

Yeah mine's called Wife 1.0 :p

The Stance indicator does not change here when I change stances... I use the latest Arma Beta and @CBA_CO. Anyone else?

EDIT: Works now. After longer trying I think it is because I loaded @cowarmod (it has the stance indicator already) and @dfs_stanceindicator at the same time.

EDIT2: No it is not that easy. In the same Arma session, it does not work inside a mission (Flashpoint: Lingor), but it works in the Editor.

Edited by tortuosit