Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, MSI 990FXA-GD80, 2GB 6950 (unlocked to 6970, 900/1350Mhz), Win7 x64 Ultimate
For infantry for example I would use RMB and LMB to alter my stances with stand, crouch and prone capable over a two button setup.
Thumb buttons are 2x to ADS/hold to zoom, Sprint/evasive forward 2x to vault obstacle, zoom out, zoom in 2x to switch optic mode.
Top extra buttons are purely for zeroing sights up and down.
Mousewheel remains mousewheel menu, push down to reload.
Controller setup is L2 trigger is fire, L1 is raise lower weapon. Analogue stick for movement, push down to sit.
Back is map, select is GPS (which I can still hit with my thumb).
Digital stick is action menu with accept and back, back doubles up with change fire mode and accept with default action.
The only button I have on the other side is Y for eject and exit vehicle. Old GTA habits die hard.
I only ever use the left stick in tanks as it is easier to constantly traverse the turret with a stick versus doing it with a mouse.
The control customisation in A2 already allows for three action from a single button before you are doubling up. 1x 2x and hold down.
I don't think the goal would be to map everything to one gamepad, who here regularly uses everything? But the most often used controls, sure why not. I don't use a gamepad myself (apart from when I'm floating a buldozer camera around) but I can see that for general gameplay it might be useful. It's not like you have to throw your keyboard out the window
I agree, it's the flexibility with ARMA that lets you use the combination in any number of ways. The support of analog movement with the sticks makes walking/running feel more natural than pressing a key to me, but i do like the mouse for quicker accuracy.
I think for Arma3, the support for controllers would help if they do try to port to a console later, like the PS4/720 and have the use of additional inputs like on the WiiU/PSVita touchpad for many of the other controls.
i7-3770 10G ram Radeon HD6870 120G SSD
I really hate not being able to use my mouse pad control and being forced into pad only, makes aiming a pain in the ass.
I will try and remember to provide my key map tonight. I've been playing since OFP days on PC & played Elite on XBOX. Since Armed Assault days I've been playing with mapping my X360 controller but never spend that much time on it to get it perfect. At this moment I feel pretty confident about my Infantry(FPS) & Vehicle controls.
Remember that you can set different actions for controls on foot, vehicle & flying.
My controls are pretty unconventional as I use the bumpers to strafe and the triggers to walk, but I can play more relaxed games like that. For COOP with a team I tend to go back to KB as I have to aim faster and more accurate. The thumb sticks aren't really the best way to aim in CQB. But for all the
But here is what I like to have fixed.
First of all, allow the same functionality for custom keys as for the Default X360 controls set with the icons included on screen and controls on interface items.
2. add controls to dialogs like the gear menu for controller usage.
Additional wishes & ideas/concepts:
3. find out a way to get the Middle X to be mappable for an additional key.
4. Double tap, Hold button & Button Combos (A+X) should be mappable too.
5. Different map situations; Walking, Aiming, Flying (Rotor/Fixed), Driving, Sailing.
6. Auto-look (not to be mistaken with auto-aim) with free-aim it's harder to get situational awareness, while moving thumbstick to look at a certain direction, check for possible points of interests and lock-on faster.
7. Action-menu control improvements, the perform default action key is already really useful but scrolling through or selecting a specific action can be improved.
8. Presets or configurable rules for changing key mapping on the fly is also useful not only for controllers.