Sign in to follow this  
Chronx

Loading times....

Loading times in this game are insane, but maybe its just how my configuration is setup. My computer is definately not the fastest on the market, but it should be plenty to power this game. It takes about 3-4 minutes for a Retry on a mission. And if I try and load a saved game it takes 5 to 6 minutes to load. I love the game, but I constantly find myself not playing it due to the long waits on load time. I also suffer with terrible frame rate.

All my drivers were updated about 3 months ago, with exception of my bios drivers (because I'm not sure how that works).

Here is my setup:

Athlon 700 mhz

128 RAM

Geforce 2 MX

Yahmaha sound card (older)

10X write 32X read HP CD-RW (Being used as primary CD-Rom)

Please Help! Thanx

Chronx

You need more RAM, as 128 is not really enough for this game but even with 128 the loading times you have mentioned are strange. I have 580ram, 750mhz, GF2 Ti and my loading times are almost instant for retrying, 20 secs for an island.

You using Resistance? I know my computer sometimes freezes a bit on retrying but not to the scale you have mentioned.

Soon I will be buying:

256 MB more RAM

Geforce 3 TI

SoundBlaster 5.1

I am hoping this will clear up some of the loading time, but the game should still run better than it is on my current setup.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chronx

Moving to troubleshooting.