Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Introducing Server-side Event Logging/Blocking

BattlEye Developer
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    While I (and hopefully others) certainly appreciate that you're working on this, this is hardly an exploit in either BE or the game, and the solution should be left up to mission makers. There is no reason any mission should be executing PV'd strings.

A PV log could still be a nice feature to detect clients altering data that they are not supposed to alter, but the better solution IMO would be for BIS to add a "caller" argument for PVEHs with the player that sent the PV.
    This is only partially true. Cheaters can overwrite normal functions with "publicVariable" as well, one public example being the BIS_Effects_* functions, so a mission that explicitly executes code sent via PV isn't even needed.

Anyway, I will forward your suggestion regarding PVEHs to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by $able View Post
    This is only partially true. Cheaters can overwrite normal functions with "publicVariable" as well, one public example being the BIS_Effects_* functions, so a mission that explicitly executes code sent via PV isn't even needed.
    Good point. I hadn't even thought about that.

Anyway, I will forward your suggestion regarding PVEHs to the developers.
    Thanks!

well hello everyone, first of all, another suspected cheater log:

24.08.2012 11:40:53: Ferghus (70.71.19.59:2304) 77cb23dd383e8600d57ff0db21efe099 - #0 "if (isnil ("bInvisibleOn")) then {objMYPlayer hideObject true;};"
    24.08.2012 11:40:53: Ferghus (70.71.19.59:2304) 77cb23dd383e8600d57ff0db21efe099 - #8 "if (isnil ("bInvisibleOn")) then {objMYPlayer hideObject true;};"
    24.08.2012 11:44:58: Ferghus (70.71.19.59:2304) 77cb23dd383e8600d57ff0db21efe099 - #0 "if (name player == "DK") then { (vehicle player) setDamage 1;};"
    24.08.2012 11:44:58: Ferghus (70.71.19.59:2304) 77cb23dd383e8600d57ff0db21efe099 - #7 "if (name player == "DK") then { (vehicle player) setDamage 1;};"
    another questions is that, "beeeh = this" & BIS_Effects_AirDestruction shouldn't be some kind of cheating, right?

I was using all txt files from http://code.google.com/p/dayz-commun...#git%2Ffilters
    is that the currently the best and the most effective one to stop cheater for BE right now??

Quote Originally Posted by DemoCore View Post
    I've written my own createvehicle.txt and remoteexec.txt but they appear to be overritten each day aroud 14:00 and on each server restart. Is there a way to stop that from happening?
    And also is there a possibility to set the file via rcon? that would be really nice for people who have no ftp acces to their dayz server

But anyway great work so far!!
    Tried writeprotection?

Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasb View Post
    Tried writeprotection?
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes i did, but the provider gamed.de doesnt let you set write protection for file -.-"

Setting these files via rcon would be perfectly fine too (i mean setting the content of createvehicle.txt etc.).. But i dont think that i will see that soon :/
    Last edited by DemoCore; Aug 31 2012 at 12:02.

Private First Class
    I hope you figure something out soon.

We had someone inject something into the server that ran continuously for hours injecting code into clients connecting which made them run something that would cause a script restriction. In essence automatically kicking everyone who connected.

BE Server v1.156 in combination with the latest OA 1.62 ......
    Yet again new features that us Arma 2 only server managers have to cross fingers and hope that they finally get round to patching us to. Meanwhile we suffer constant hacking and script kiddies attacking our servers because BI make it SOOOOO easy just to DL a new copy of A2free with a brand spanking new GUID so they can carry on after you ban them.

Hi all, i have a question, help please.

i have a script for teleporting(he works great)
    it looks like this

_pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1,_this select 2];

if ((vehicle player isKindOf "Air")) then{

(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 100];
    player setVariable["lastPos",0, true];
    }else
    {
    (vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
    player setVariable["lastPos",1];
    };
    openMap [false, false];
    onMapSingleClick "";

and how can i block this in my server???
    what i need to do with script.txt or remoteexec.txt or createvehicle.txt or somwere else to block this s**t!? thx
    i think need to block function SetPos but how can i do this?
    sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Gonobob; Sep 3 2012 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohlraum View Post
    I hope you figure something out soon.

We had someone inject something into the server that ran continuously for hours injecting code into clients connecting which made them run something that would cause a script restriction. In essence automatically kicking everyone who connected.
    Unfortunately public variable can be used to get others kicked/banned right now.
    Not much to do until a new battleye is released with PV fixes..

BattlEye Developer
    Author of the Thread
    BE Server v1.162 in combination with OA beta server v1.62.96584 provides protection against remote code execution via "publicVariable" and its variants.

See the first post for more information.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast