Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95883 (1.62 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22107840/ARMA2_OA_Build_95883_zip

[95862] Improved: Server browser now prefers "better" (connectable) servers.

+ surprise for admins, TBA

note: the default server filters will be further improved in future

BattlEye support status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

What's the difference between checkSignatures and checkSignaturesFull?

What's the difference between checkSignatures and checkSignaturesFull?

checkSignaturesFull checks every byte of the file content, and therefore not only verifies signatures, but also verifies file integrity. It is not fully implemented yet, it fails on DLCs.

checkSignaturesFull checks every byte of the file content, and therefore not only verifies signatures, but also verifies file integrity. It is not fully implemented yet, it fails on DLCs.

More lag in other words :D

But it will send a lot of hacks to soverngard !

Wasnt it this version where bandits skins where included again with dayz 1.2.5?

Wasnt it this version where bandits skins where included again with dayz 1.2.5?

Well, that's DayZ, this is ArmA; this patch has nothing to do with bandit skins.

Since updating, I can't find my own server now and neither can other players because the server uses CBA where players do and should not.

wtf is this? Now i'm able to see only RU and US dayz servers, and i never play on it. Turn it off.

Reverted to previous patch and now i see every server, and all of them are "connectable" enough.

Edited by sirfstar

having some VON problems with this beta (others can´t hear me).

wtf is this? Now i'm able to see only RU and US dayz servers, and i never play on it. Turn it off.

Reverted to previous patch and now i see every server, and all of them are "connectable" enough.

It's bull,

I can't even see my own server (localhost) on LAN or Internet because of this.

95862] Improved: Server browser now prefers "better" (connectable) servers.

To be honest,this feature adds nothing to the game !

No shit, it adds something to the server browser, not the game...

95862] Improved: Server browser now prefers "better" (connectable) servers.

To be honest,this feature adds nothing to the game !

to be honest, it does add something to the game, because YOU use the server browser before you play online. right ?

why are you complaining about nearly every single fix/improvement. its really anoying.

contructive criticism is ok, but most of your posts are useless.

Can't see North American servers with patch enabled.

Does the same with DayZ. All the NA ones dissapear and only German, French and Russian are shown.

Also get graphical glitches when around the airfields and other buildings playing DayZ. They dissapear when looking at the ground

Edited by jblackrupert

to be honest, it does add something to the game, because YOU use the server browser before you play online. right ?

why are you complaining about nearly every single fix/improvement. its really anoying.

contructive criticism is ok, but most of your posts are useless.

What i mean by useless is :

Creating a feature when the game is still full of bugs (bugs added by the new patch +ACR + old ones),and then solving this new feature's bug . And then afterwards, we come on the forums to say "Great work BIS".

Besides, the browser was fine, and i personally have never found a problem getting to a server and sadly it's the case now with this beta.

It's just like taking a step backwards and then a step forward.

Correct me if you think that what i said is not real !

Pls explain this more detailed.

If i want to play a particular server cuz its where my mates play, the serverbrowser can

decide not to show this server cuz 100 other servers have a better ping ??

They are trying to second guess which servers I want to join .... NO WAY ! Put it back to the way it was please or fully explain why you want to restrict my server joining.

Hmmm thinking there needs to be better discussions in BIS as to the direction these betas are taking. Quality has really taken a beating in the last month.

Dorph;2206374'][95862] Improved: Server browser now prefers "better" (connectable) servers.

Pls explain this more detailed.

If i want to play a particular server cuz its where my mates play' date=' the serverbrowser can

decide not to show this server cuz 100 other servers have a better ping ??[/quote']

if you search a server, its the old way. type server name in filter and you have it.

as i saw it, the only thing that is changed, is that servers with a better ping, are sorted to the top.

@Kremator: they don´t second guess which server you have to join. so keep relaxed :D

Ahh so its like sorting of servers are default by ping - i see no problems in that :)

They are trying to second guess which servers I want to join .... NO WAY ! Put it back to the way it was please

I concur. There's already a filter in the server browser.

I think the betas should focus more on in game bugs and improvements instead.

They are trying to second guess which servers I want to join .... NO WAY ! Put it back to the way it was please or fully explain why you want to restrict my server joining.

Hmmm thinking there needs to be better discussions in BIS as to the direction these betas are taking. Quality has really taken a beating in the last month.

The direction these betas are going is how Rocket says they should be going, and getting what he wants/needs for his Project. You can't call me a liar. These BETA's only started and picked up traffic due to DayZ, and each fix or addition has been due to DayZ , or related to a DayZ item in some way or another. Very few things are "ARMA" focused.

BiS is on a high horse with DayZ right now, and slowly forgetting their hardcore fans, instead, catering now to casuals and new comers. Its a dark road BIS is taking.

Thats where this beta feedback is coming from. Its not from us, I guarantee you that. Especially this "shows better connected servers" crap. That just screams DayZ and server companies getting angry.

Some bad decisions are taking place, and I slowly see it getting worse and worse.