Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Hey!

I'm trying to modify an existing mp mission that was made for a West unit to be played with these units (not modifying it for public use, but just for my own personal single-player use), desert units actually. In that mission's scripting the author refers to the units (side?) used as BIS_US. Is it enough if I rename the player's side into into "RU" or do these units have a special, new side? I've been using RU, but have been encountering bugs (like enemy air patrols attacking their own side, my vehicles not respawning, my death timer not working, etc.).

Thanks!

You might want to check with the original mission maker. It sounds to me like there are scripts that are working against the units side making them become targets to friendlies.

Hey!

I'm trying to modify an existing mp mission that was made for a West unit to be played with these units (not modifying it for public use, but just for my own personal single-player use), desert units actually. In that mission's scripting the author refers to the units (side?) used as BIS_US. Is it enough if I rename the player's side into into "RU" or do these units have a special, new side? I've been using RU, but have been encountering bugs (like enemy air patrols attacking their own side, my vehicles not respawning, my death timer not working, etc.).

Thanks!

As Stag mentioned, these questions are better addressed to the original mission maker.

As Stag mentioned, these questions are better addressed to the original mission maker.

That I will, but I would like to know what the class name or side name or whatever of these new units is.

For example, the vanilla Russians are RU, Brits are BAF, USMC is USMC and so on.

That I will, but I would like to know what the class name or side name or whatever of these new units is.

For example, the vanilla Russians are RU, Brits are BAF, USMC is USMC and so on.

side: Russian

class names: http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/MSV

i can't help you with "whatever".

How is the work goin' on RHS team ? :rolleyes:

Good good a lot of really cool new things. Lets say that original estimate of 20 new vehicles was grossly inaccurate :) With a recent very talented addition to the team (Gurdy) we've been adding some pretty cool stuff at lightning speed. I'm thinking VDV will have some brand spanking new toys :)

Good good a lot of really cool new things. Lets say that original estimate of 20 new vehicles was grossly inaccurate :) With a recent very talented addition to the team (Gurdy) we've been adding some pretty cool stuff at lightning speed. I'm thinking VDV will have some brand spanking new toys :)

I smell some new BMD's and BMD based vehicles. ;)

Hello Soul_Assassin thank you so much to your RHS group for the great Addon.

I have released a new SP mission with the AFRF stuff, look here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149860-Attack-the-Airport-of-Utes

I love your work and can't get enough of Russian stuff in Arma.

greetings from Germany

Thanks for the shoutout! And congrats with making your first steps into arma editing!

A lot of time had passed since the last reply to the thread. So RHS team, how is progress on the next version?

A lot of time had passed since the last reply to the thread. So RHS team, how is progress on the next version?

Its going fine as per. There has been some discussion on which direction to take with the mod over the next step and I think that has been decided now. You will hear soon.

Good. But I hope that this "next step" does not mean too quick transition to ArmA3, please confirm I am wrong. :P

Thanks for the shoutout! And congrats with making your first steps into arma editing!

Oh thank you. It was not easy for me.

@colonel stagler

good news. I hope the next update is another awesome release from the RHS Team :D

The next release will be another awesome release :p

@Damian90

We can't confirm anything officially right now but i know the direction we are taking is the right one regarding pro's and con's ;)

Hi, Guys, have you turned to Arma3? Personally, I wish you could complete the ARAM2 release at first.

By way, in current released stuff, it seems there is no 'backpack' avilable for those infantries. Maybe you could add some backpacks for free options in the next release?

Hi, Guys, have you turned to Arma3? Personally, I wish you could complete the ARAM2 release at first.

By way, in current released stuff, it seems there is no 'backpack' avilable for those infantries. Maybe you could add some backpacks for free options in the next release?

unfortunately another A2 release will not be coming. There are just so many things to do that it would push an A3 release waaay too far. And it is far as it is already.

unfortunately another A2 release will not be coming. There are just so many things to do that it would push an A3 release waaay too far. And it is far as it is already.

A shame, really. As much as I prefer Arma 3 engine to Arma 2, still I would love to pit Operation Frenchpoint & AFRF against each other in Arma 2. Not to mention US Army and Marines. Besides Arma 3 still frightens me a lot with all that futuristic crap - there simply no other mod comparable to RHS AFRF avaliable for Arma 3, so in Arma 3 AFRF will look a bit out of place.

A shame, really. As much as I prefer Arma 3 engine to Arma 2, still I would love to pit Operation Frenchpoint & AFRF against each other in Arma 2. Not to mention US Army and Marines. Besides Arma 3 still frightens me a lot with all that futuristic crap - there simply no other mod comparable to RHS AFRF avaliable for Arma 3, so in Arma 3 AFRF will look a bit out of place.

There will be comparable mod tough, COMBAT! there will be some interesting stuff there, you should keep an eye on it. ;)

unfortunately I figured this coming, pretty much every decent mod team has jumped on the ARMA3 bandwagon... which sucks since it isn't even officially released yet but, Thanks for the original release :)

Thought that RHS team will make a farewell parade or some firework to say "Goodbye to A2OA/CO!" and don't abandon it like that.... Unfortunately hippster-hype A3 is still ALPHA (BETA/WIP/RC).

times already released Version 0.2 on the A2 will not be, then release at least

promised T-80 and BTR-80A, wait for the A3, and so long