Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Map Autobrightness Mod

This one's something I've wanted to see for awhile and just randomly had time for today. Put simply, the map will automatically darken when dusk/night falls, then brighten again at dawn/daytime.

Yeah, that's it. If you just went "Oh hell yeah!", this mod is for you.

See a video demonstration of it:

Download it here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/shacktac/files

Awesome! You guys have awesome, yet simple, addons that add a lot.

These little features are what makes the game more ergonomic and dynamic.

ARMA 3 Devs take note :)

Usually when i see something labeled Dslyecxi i'm all Oh hell yeaah anyway.

Good stuff once again!

Nice work Dslyecxi. Any chance of taking this one step further and making red light readable for night ops. I haven't even looked into this, but figured with your skills, it would be possible...

Thanks

panther42

Updated version. Make sure you get the new one - old one has an MP issue.

Hell yeah I'll have to try this when I return from my vacation. Simple yet awesome as always!

Feature request: Could you make the map apear like it is illuminated by a red light when it is dark?

Can u add some sort of light to the map when its dark? to imitate a flashlight or something like that on the map?

Cause now the map appears to dark at night.

1.3 is out and is a minor tweak to brightness levels after some further playtesting.

Finally someone made something like this as a mod. It should be standard in Arma3 - I just completely hate getting blinded by the map in night missions. I made something similar for Domino (Domination offspring) where I used several red and black alpha markers controlled by some sun altitude function. I have to admit, map draw rectangle and sunormoon seems a bit more cleaner than my own attempt :)

Gone are the days of being blinded by a bright-arsed map in night missions! One suggestion though, is it possible to have it react to light sources at night, such as street lights and headlights? For example, if standing right under a street light, is it possible to have the map brighter?

Gone are the days of being blinded by a bright-arsed map in night missions! One suggestion though, is it possible to have it react to light sources at night, such as street lights and headlights? For example, if standing right under a street light, is it possible to have the map brighter?

I have no plans to over-complicate a simple mod.

Nice! To papraphrase BlackMamb, anything from Dslyecxi & co is an automatic download :D

Hey Dslyecxi.

We love your MOD.

Any chance of your mod to be included in six updater network, along with ACRE volume control mod?

thx in advance