Sign in to follow this  

Bushmaster Infantry Mobility Vehicle [WIP]

Something ive been working on for the past couple weeks on and off. Going to model the full interior as well and put the exterior and interior on two different texture maps. I went with a full high poly bake because of arma 3's improved normal map rendering and wanted it to look up to par with arma 3 vehicles.

if you see any mistakes please point them out i want it to be relatively accurate.

exterior is at 80% if i were to take a guess.

RenderLeft2.jpg

RenderRearRight2.jpg

Make a dutch version.

We are missing one of those in Arma2

Make a dutch version.

We are missing one of those in Arma2

Indeed, a few guys are putting together a Dutch forces mod and would definitely appreciate one.

You may also want to talk to Sabre or Kanga from XDF (texture and modeler for AAW) see if they have any reference material left over, or such.

I'll defiantly be following this closely that's for sure.

http://www.warwheels.net/BushmasterIMVindex.html

Has a List of references in both Printed and Online. Prime Portal is a solid site for reference pictures and it contains links to 3 walk-a-rounds.

Your renders so far are looking very nice, It will be good to have a bushmaster nearly ready to go when A3 rolls around.

is there any story behind vehicle ?

made for ASV150 contract ?

MRAP-alike downscale[to jeep/HMVEE size/load] ?

is there any story behind vehicle ?

made for ASV150 contract ?

MRAP-alike downscale[to jeep/HMVEE size/load] ?

Hehe, looks are deceaving, IRL the things are massive, heres a comparison of the HMMWV, a Bushmaster and a Hawkei in O² (Hawkei and Humvee are scaled to manufacture dimensions but the bushie should be a bit bigger)

http://i.imgur.com/1dV1K.png 200ishKB photo

http://i.imgur.com/f08R4.png Bushmaster and Hawkei IRL so you can compare sizes.

The basic story is the following, back in the mid-late 90's the request for a mine protected, suited for the harsh conditions of northern Australian deserts for the 'Bushranger' program, a Adelaide firm (small-ish town i live in) designed the Bushmaster IMV, sold the design to ADI (Aus defense industry)who then got bought by Thales in '06) then won the Bushranger Program and started producing them for the ADF, coming into service in '98 (keep in mind, way before Afghan/Iraq and the MRAP program) and into use in Timor as VIP transport and later as a protected patrol vehicle in Iraq, later it was found due to it being designed for Australian conditions for operations of around a week self sufficient on patrol and being mine protected they proved to be the perfect vehicle to patrol the IED laden arid areas of Iraq and Afghan while keeping its crew safe.

Currently they are used as a Patrol, command and Medical vehicle in the Australian army and Royal Australian Airforce (Airfield defence guards), in Dutch service as Patrol and Counter IED vehicles (added frontal armor, grapple, cameras and equipment), 24 to the UK MoD for use by the SAS as a urban patrol vehicle (with added armor), the US also showed intrest in it for the MRAP program but later removed after no one bought them, France and Spain have also showed interest in buying bushmasters.

Example of a Bushmaster after a IED strike (Balistic Protection removed from windows)Crew survived with Acoustic injury's, e.g hearing damage)

Bushmaster_Counter_IED_Lane_Tarin_Kowt.JPG

While no reports are available to survivability of the Bushmaster of the 33 ADF personel killed so far in Afghanistan around 14 have been killed by IED's, only two of those have been killed during use of a Bushmaster, both during the same incident while dismounting from the vehicle.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Looks awesome bobman, good to see you got around to posting it here.

Very nice! And just a couple of weeks work you say?

I'm impressed ... and just a tiny bit jealous. The 'quality bar' just keeps moving up and up around here.

thanks for implantation/info/photo/story, alot.

so its kinda like fork/evolution of army working horse for use in counter-insurgency operations/regions/conflicts, more IED/ambush-proof, so crew/cargo finally had even mediocre chances to survive.

Hey guys just stopped by to tell you ill be be out on vacation for a week, but ill be working on the model nonstop after i get back.

Im back

Bushmaster_011.jpg

exterior is almost completely done all tahts left is the main turret hatch

I allmost got a job a few years back with Thales in Bendigo as a welder. Would of been working on this babys.

Really nice! looking forward to more eye candy :D

Anyone have any idea where the C.R.O.W.S. gunner sits in the bushmaster?

Front left passenger seat.

finished up the back. onto the C.R.O.W.S.

Bushmaster_02.jpg

EDIT: double post my bad

Edited by Guest

Crows referance, Sabre's probably got some too (just to drag you into it Sabre :P)

To my knowledge both the ADF and the Dutch use R-400/M101 CROWS/RWS (though i think the ADF still use vehicles without the RWS at times.)

The control panel (best i could find)

crows-consol.jpg

and the system it self:

rwsb-1.jpg

able to mount M2, FN MAG (Mag 58/M240) and Mk 19 systems.

little work on the 50

M2_Browning_01.jpg

Mad Skillz hah

Looking good Chief.