Sign in to follow this  
Athos

M2A2 why no AP ammo?

The new vehicles are great - however, the M2 has only 250 rnds HE for the chaingun and no option to switch feeds to AP.  The BMP2 has 250AP and 250HE with a very fast feed switch.  Just wondering if the omission is intentional or is the result of a minor bug.

(Edited by Athos at 4:14 am on Nov. 15, 2001)

dunno you should check with the makers of it if you can or just ask around

Think along the lines of this, Though russian troups may have armour, i don't think it could even stop a shot from a 30 MM cannon. Also since its talior tword Inf's, heat (high explosive roundz) can kill an inf with out a direct hit cause of the explosion.

its just you, in ww2 online the he rounds are more power full, put in this game, the armour seems to be kept real. Also depending on whut ur talkin about, inf armour is no match for he or ap rounds but tanks are great targets with ap's. Its just the explosion from the he's that gets everyone excited.

Kinda thought that by posting on the official forum I was bringing it to the attention of the developers. Also wanted to be sure it wasn't just me.

Another player mentioned he didn't have the option to switch to HE in the BMP2.

No AP means 250 fewer rounds to raise #### with - gimme gimme.

The M2's 25mm cannon is not intended for bursting troopies - it is an anti-armour weapon first (light armour anyway).

Has any one else noticed that the AP rounds in the BMP-2 destroy armour quicker than HE rounds. Is that not a bit strange?confused.gif

Ps i thought AP was anti personal

It's an omission, the M2 uses API and HE, (API, Armor piercing Incendiary)

and BTW the ROF is still too high (should be 300 Rd/min, looks in game to be 750)