Sign in to follow this  
arigato

[CAMP/SP] Campaign: Desert Storm

Arigato Software presents

Campaign: Desert Storm

http://s003.radikal.ru/i201/1203/aa/69f5a11aafc7.jpg (120 kB)

© Arigato Software, 2011-2012

Side: US Delta Force

Genre: Tactical Shooter with RPG elements

Intro / Outro: Yes

Voiced by: Professional

Language: Russian, English

Compatible with ACE: There are

Difficulty: Above average

Number of missions: 10

Testing: ARMA 2 Combined Operations (1.60) and ACE 1.13 for OA

Developer: Arigato

Addons: All the necessary addons are in the archives of the campaign (folder @DesertStorm):

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

9K31 Strela-1 (SA9) SAM Unit

Anti-tank Launcher vs. Infantry Fix

Download the campaign (version 1.1, 62 Mb):

1. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17303

2. http://narod.ru/disk/58282030001.fced35ab6dc6424f80b67242709d4808/DesertStorm_v11.7z.html

3. http://webfile.ru/6056272

Discussion: http://www.flashpoint.ru/threads/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%91%D1%83%D1%80%D1%8F-%D0%B2-%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%BD%D0%B5.49182/

Description:

Morning, August 2, 1990 300,000 Iraqi troops invaded Kuwait, setting off the Persian Gulf War. In the campaign you will be in the role of special forces soldiers US Delta Force to carry out a series of combat missions: to search, detect and destroy enemy targets, make chaos and panic in the enemy's communications and supplies, as well as many other things, on which depends the success of modern warfare.

Based on the "Conflict: Desert Storm" game.

Features

1. Office of the detachment of soldiers with the ability to switch between them.

2. Improving the skills of fighters on the basis of passing the mission.

3. Awarding of the soldiers and the possibility of increasing rank.

4. Choice of additional weapons before the start of the mission.

5. Training mission, which tells about the features of the campaign.

Installation

1. Copy the folder @DesertStorm from the archive to a folder with a game ARMA 2 Combined Operations.

2. Connect the addons from the folder @DesertStorm. If you do not use the launcher, then prescribe a shortcut to run the game the following option: "-mod=@DesertStorm".

Attention! The use of add-ons not listed above, does not guarantee the campaign.

Known bugs

1. After loading a save by pressing T (changing roles) roles are displayed instead of the standard names of units.

2. When you switch to another soldier, all soldiers who are on the field of passenger transport, leave it.

3. Sometimes there is a bug that when you switch a fighter starts to move while sitting and do not obey commands. The solution: wait until he gets to the point where he wants to move, and then return control of a fighter.

Screenshots

672a4a35b5fe.jpg

0dc77981ef1b.jpg

cc2a2878cb8c.jpg

6e8192fe1ce8.jpg

003060705e07.jpg

af9bff9aabf4.jpg

Credits & thanks:

e1k - testing, advices

jbor - testing, ACE testing

VVL99 - mine defuse script, explosion scripts

DenVdmj - weapon exchange script

Wass - Arma campaign creation tips

dr.paladino - english translation

Orcinus - english editing and fixing

Leh2012 - testing on initial phase

Wildmen - advices on initial phase

flashpoint.ru - any possible help

Edited by Arigato

Difficulty finding the download, even using translate.

Need something more specific to download the file.

1. The button "Скачать".

2. The link "Скачать файл".

HAhahaha damn, you beat me to it! I wanted to create a similar campaign! :P Downloading now!

Thanks for your & colleagues' hard work on this. I shall be downloading & testing later this week.

You got me interested Arigato! Adding it to my "find the time to play list"! :yay:

Edited by Variable

Got 2 CTD with 1.62, in the middle mission 1 Rescue, unable to finish it, don't know why.

Seems a great campaign with good atmosphere, (i don't like music along mission, it's a pain)

Sorry, this campaign is way to hard without savegames.

^^^

What he said. I'm enjoying it lots, but, just the first mission alone, you've lots of opposition to defeat between save points. Seriously, I use the "Cheat" mod to have up graded weapons dropped in. Couldn't have done it without it.

Sorry, this campaign is way to hard without savegames.
^^^

What he said. I'm enjoying it lots, but, just the first mission alone, you've lots of opposition to defeat between save points. Seriously, I use the "Cheat" mod to have up graded weapons dropped in. Couldn't have done it without it.

Play in Veteran mode if you are on expert. If you wish disable in the difficulty settings all the options you wanna get rid of, as for e.g. Crosshair and so on. In Veteran mode you have the option of unlimited save games so you decide when to save the mission status. That's how I do it normally. Hope that helps.

Got 2 CTD with 1.62, in the middle mission 1 Rescue, unable to finish it, don't know why.

What is the problem manifests itself?

Also getting CTD with the AIRPORT mission. Sorry, forgot the mission name but have to take down a Radio Jammer at the airport.

You seem to be using a sound track for the Jammer. As the player gets closer to it, the sounds starts squeaking. It's some short time after the Jet takes off. This is the Task after taking out the Camp on the road.

I think this time, I'll use the "Cheat", airdrop Mortar and take it out that way.

Cheers anyways. Still enjoying the CAMP. Thanks for the fun!

Also getting CTD with the AIRPORT mission. Sorry, forgot the mission name but have to take down a Radio Jammer at the airport.

You seem to be using a sound track for the Jammer. As the player gets closer to it, the sounds starts squeaking. It's some short time after the Jet takes off. This is the Task after taking out the Camp on the road.

I think this time, I'll use the "Cheat", airdrop Mortar and take it out that way.

Cheers anyways. Still enjoying the CAMP. Thanks for the fun!

Hi Kommiecat

Can you please PM me this cheat? Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry, seems I do not quite understand your writing. The task of "Radar" is not completed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chq-W9w_usg

Edited by Arigato

Sorry, seems I do not quite understand your writing. The task of "Radar" is not completed?

That's it! That Radar.

Twice I had to reload the mission because as my player got closer to the Radar, I'd get CTD.

Seems the Radar has some sort of "Pulse" sound track added to it.

My system is not that great, but it's strong enough to handle this CAMP.

Still enjoying the hell out of it! Thx, dude!

I tried two others missions, random CTDs after an hour.

Don't know why, because 1.62 or addons, scripts,ACR ?

Unfortunately without some user savegames, i can't play this campaign.

-EventLog :arma2oa.exe, version 1.62.95.248, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0,

-RPT :Version 1.62.95248

Fault address: CB1E761E C16400:0000000C Unknown module

file: DS_7

world: takistan

campaign: DesertStorm\Campaign

battle: thecampaign

mission: DS_7

I do not know why there CTD, the campaign has been tested on 1.60, CTD was not. It may have other addons except those that are necessary for the campaign? It is necessary to disable all add-ons (you can use only ACE).

I play only with necessary addons, i will try with Beta 95660 ( some crash hotfixes

+ some memory leak fixes)

EDIT :

Unfortunately got CTD with the latest Beta after 40 min.

I tried to stress my rig with other missions and I did not had a crash.

Edited by EricFr

Is it possible to check the campaign on 1.60?

Just started playing and it is very good campaign. Nice cutscens, music, briefings and rpg elements. Good missions, big plus for you for the english version (i know little russian, and i played many campaigns made by russian authors but this is 2nd with eng texts, its little shame becose russian missionmakers know how to make great campaigns and outside Russia only few people will play them).

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Few suggestion:

1.maybe you can add english subtitles to cutscens,

2.in missions where we play alone maybe you can add 1or2 scripted medkits for player in case we be hit in legs, now the best solution is to load checkpoint,

3. I know its harder with no save but maybe you can add for example 3 savegame options for mission. Player can use them any time he wants.

Thats all. Thx for your work.

tom3kb, thanks for the tip.

With regard to the proposals:

1. Subtitles in a cutscene planned, but I did not find an interpreter willing to help.

2. You can be treated in the medical cars and Tents. In future missions, you will be in the team physician.

3. Limiting the game to preserve the complexity only in the first mission. In later missions your team will be a few soldiers, you can play any of them.