Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

AI does not detect player

I just finished creating a new coop mission and everything seems to work fine. It's a normal bluefor against opfor mission with instant respawn. When I tested the mission in online mode the AI does detect me and opens fire, but after I have respawned the AI does not detect me any more (my icon is still visible on the map).

I had this issue before with an other mission, but that was because of the first aid module I used (I think). This mission however has almost no scripts and does not use any modules besides a color filter.

Does anyone have an idea why I keep having this issue? I never had this problem in the past.

I did mess with some ARmA settings recently on the profile textfile, but I can't see how that could influence this.

I can upload the mission file if that helps.

Description.ext

version=1;

respawn = 3;

respawnDelay = 30;

respawnDialog = 1;

loadScreen = "b00tsyville1.jpg";

//onLoadIntroTime=false;

//onLoadMissionTime=false;

debriefing=1;

//showGPS=1;

class Header {

#ifndef __TT__

gameType = COOP;

#else

gameType = Team;

#endif

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 8;

playerCountMultipleOf = 1;

};

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Hmm come to think of it, it might be the condition 'hold fire- engage at will' on the AI, but they should fire when they come in direct contact, but I can stand infront of the AI and nada.

the issue will probably be that when you respawn you are on side CIVILIAN, I would do a hint or something when you respawn and make sure you are on the proper side. There was a similar bug in first aid module (it caused you to stay on side Civilian)

perhaps using MPRespawned EventHandler would help, just set the appropriate side again when it fires.

I've noticed this respawn problem a few times playing on servers running Insurgency 1.50

Yes I thought that too, but my Icon still shows as bluefor on the map. The bluefor AI team (that will be the players) do not have this issue, after respawn they still get engaged by opfor. I tested some further and it seems I only get detected and killed when I press escape and minimize the game to check my browser for 10 secs. There is something really weird happening. Somehow I think it is not the mission, but some other settings issue.

If anyone wants to verify if they get detected after a respawn it would help!

http://speedy.sh/Ndmg3/Underdogs-mission-problem.rar

Your problem is most likely that some script is running setCaptive on you meaning you are treated as civilian. I searched the modules and found only 2 likely candidates.

The surrender module and the First Aid: Simulation (AIS - Alternative Injury Simulation) module.

Also found this thread, look at the 3 post from this link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?91797-Problem-with-First-Aid-Module-in-Multiplayer-Mission-need-help!&p=1540652&viewfull=1#post1540652

Some of BIS module does not work properly in MP (or at least JIP).

Yes but there are no modules running other then a day color filter and no script has SetCaptive in it. I will give the 'player setcaptive=false' a try though just to make sure!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

It's not the mission. I tried other coops now including domination and its the same deal.

After some more digging it appears to be a problem with battleye or something that activated FADE (whatever that may be). I will open a new thread at troubleshooting or create a bug ticket.

Edited by B00tsy