I decided I would post news about a new campaign that I am working on, to give everyone a heads up for what is expected as well as some cool new features. This is still a work in progress, but progress has been good.
Campaign focuses around you and your platoon of 40~ some men in the Russian Army. You will be conducting operations with your men against the guerrilla fighters in Chernarus. Missions will be randomly generated with random enemy forces, positions, etc. Missions will range from simple patrols, assaults, defense, convoy escort, etc the works. Command may also issue extra ground support for your platoon (ie a tank/apc) if the threat is high enough, as well as tons of other support abilities.
- Dynamic Missions
- Unit persistence between missions:
Units that die will be gone from your platoon. The number of available men and wounded men will transfer over between missions.
- A variation of the current BIS medical system:
Units that are seriously wounded will be treated to stop the bleeding, but will still be too messed up to fight. Only way to rescue these wounded men is to call in a MEDEVAC and get them out of the combat zone. If successfully evac'd, these men will be available to your platoon after 2 missions (to simulate being treated at field hospital)
- Mortar and MG squads, Medic squad:
Will be using my Weapon Team Script (slightly tweaked) to be able to deploy heavy MG's and mortars (only have 1 of each in your platoon). Medic squad can be ordered to set up a mash at a specific point, then will stay behind your lines and heal/drag wounded back to mash.
- Combined Arms Oriented: Sometimes command will give you access to ground support like a tank or apc that you can command
- More commands for HC, ability to split and merge groups:
make it easier to micro units by merging and splitting squads into fire teams and vice versa. Commands such as getInNearest vehicles in area, getInvehicle specific.
- GUI for assigning squads/ assigning standard weapons across platoon
- Addon support and flexibility:
Will support vilas russian weapon pack, RH weapon pack, and some more AK weapon packs. These weapons will be available to choose in the drop down box of the weapon loadout gui. Can play the campaign vanilla, or load up a mod and it will be recognized in the campaign. Also will support MI-28, KA-50 addons, and MI-26 addon. You can also suggest mods to me to add in.
- Support call ins:
- Attack helicopter support (mi-24/mi28, ka-52/ka-50) (limited call ins, cost support points)
- MEDEVAC (unlimited calls, free to call)
- Ammo drop/Resupply
- Emergency Extraction (MI-26/hip) if something goes wrong in the mission, tell command you are aborting the op and fall back to base.
- Artillery (limited ammo, costs support points)
A good portion of these features are already present and working. Here is a video showing a wip of the medevac system:
Here are some pictures of the GUI and the interactive briefing room:
- Battleplan GUI
- Voice acting
- immersive combat shouting
Feel free to leave suggestions/comments/ideas/feedback.
Will update progress regularly.
- ALPHA MISSION TEST LINKS HERE:
zip - http://www.mediafire.com/?9w8v8div59ol182
rar - http://www.4shared.com/rar/OODP3kg-/..._Alpha_2.html?