Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

Currently crashing on loading after installing patch...

+1. I get the exact same thing.

Did you use ATOC and PPAA before the patch? Try turning them off if they are on.

Currently crashing on loading after installing patch...
+1. I get the exact same thing.

Did you download from Bohemia store? I did and it crashed for me. But when i re downloaded from other mirror it worked just fine.

Edited by Angle

Did you use ATOC and PPAA before the patch? Try turning them off if they are on.

I turned everything Off, even deleted old CFG files and reinstalled Nvidia drivers. Nothing happens, still low FPS and it's unplayable now.

Crashing here too right after launching the game (downloaded from gamefront, again from kellys-heroes). I tried to launch the game with PMC, BAF, and Beta shortcuts. :S

Edit: And I hadnt any RC´s installed.

Edit2: Suddently its working now. I had JSRS, CBA in PMC shortcut and DAYZ in BAF shortcut if those caused some conflict. :S

Edited by SaOk

Remove the sound.dll from acre.

There are two things that shouldn't be done. One is to run this patch with the beta. Any beta version, as of right now, are older then current patch. It will cause a conflict.

The second one is to try to install this on a Steam version. If I remember correctly from previous patches, this will also cause a conflict. Wait for Steam to updated this for you. The devs can correct me on this one if I'm wrong.

Remove the sound.dll from acre.

I shouldve known :facepalm:

Thank you for the help.

arma2oa.exe is launching without crashes now.

get rid of old ACRE dll and other injector stuff

dsound.dll for example

or the FXAA/SMAA injector as game has it natively now

There are two things that shouldn't be done. One is to run this patch with the beta. Any beta version, as of right now, are older then current patch. It will cause a conflict.

The second one is to try to install this on a Steam version. If I remember correctly from previous patches, this will also cause a conflict. Wait for Steam to updated this for you. The devs can correct me on this one if I'm wrong.

in this case the 1.62.95248 beta, the 1.62 RC3 and the final 1.62 are same binaries

Edited by Dwarden

1.60.95248 beta

You mean 1.62.95248? (Just to avoid confusion ;))

Edited by colossus

@BIS

It's unfortunate more companies don't engage the their communities and continuously strive to perfect their product as you guys do. Many thanks for many years of excellent work. And an extra thank you for the more recent push to refine and expand the Multiplayer & Dev aspects of the game. As proven by other recent ventures, it can be beneficial in many ways, for all. Congratulations on your continuing success, and I hope you guys continue to do it your way. All hail ARMA3! Oh, and the DLC. Which I assume is right around the corner?

Cheers,

Gnome

Edited by Gnome_AS
grammatical

I just want to say thank you, BIS.

I really welcome the new video options and I noticed quite an improvement in performance on my rig. Especially those Orchards on Takistan which ran really bad a few betas back (often slightly less than 30fps) are now much better. E08: Benchmark gives me about 5fps more than a few betas back (I ran benchmarks when i got my new GPU last month, I now get 48fps average in three runs; 48, 48, 48 :p) and apart from one or two hiccups never drops below 38 frames.

arma2oa2012-07-2421-263j1i.jpg

Chernarus performance is improved slightly. There are some areas (brown trees I think) where my frames go down to 24fps depending in which direction I look and my GPU is bored to death (less than 40% usage) and other areas like Chernogorsk where my frames shoot up to 45-60 and usage is at 99%

(all with ~40 active AI incl. a few vehicles in the editor)

Benchmark 01 gives me 35 fps average in three runs (34, 36, 35) and a minimum of 24fps.

My video options:

http://www.abload.de/img/video23kae.jpg (103KB)

By anychance is there a way to update the servers? Cause currently the exe file is not recognizing a valid CO install..

Seeing a lot of 'added' things directly related to a popular mod.... one of which has completely dumbed down the game to a level that I feel makes it unplayable to me now. Why on earth has there been an ammo count added, it's a feature that isn't exactly needed, since we are not able to pick and choose which mag we load.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma2oa_2012-07-24_20-39-59-08_16471.jpg

But you can drop mags with few bullets and pick up full mags. For me this is good.

Seems like useful information to me. It can be interesting to know if those magazines you are carrying are all full or almost empty, as that makes quite a difference to your tactical situation. And this is something you'd know in real life. Is this the thing you feel are making things unplayable? If so, you are overreacting.

On the other hand, I agree we will unfortunately see much catering to DayZ in the future. You can't have hundreds of thousands of CoD-players join the Arma community without it having a negative impact on the game.

On the other hand, I agree we will unfortunately see much catering to DayZ in the future. You can't have hundreds of thousands of CoD-players join the Arma community without it having a negative impact on the game.

Are the DayZ fans playing on different servers than the ones which appear in the Arma2 MP server list? Just curious because I have noticed a distinct drop in the proportion of servers listed in the MP screen which are running DayZ. Stated differently, the number of servers appearing in the MP server selection screen which are running an Arma2 mission have increased in comparision to the DayZ servers.

Is there a dedicated server (linux) update in the near future? Is one needed or will the clients still be able to connect?

I wait until will get mp servers will be updated.It might take easily week.

And where is the patch that changes this:

_ UH-1Y haven't Flares and FLIR

_ MV-22 haven't Flares

_ Missed texture on USMC Engineer's Helmet on the back of the head

_ wrong animation on Mi-171 (both variants), Mi-8 and Mi-17's main rotor, rotor disk does not rotate

_ wrong texture on Mi-171 (the one whitout Rockets pods), near the left engine in Third person view, one can see a black triangle

_ ArmA2 units can't take Backpacks

_ ArmA2 G36 haven't red dot like Operation Arrowhead's G36

_ Flashlights and lasers doesn't work on ArmA2's weapons

_ On UH-1H, the right foot of the pilot through the cockpit

_ In ArmA2 BAF, there are a bug on Wildcat AH11's tail rotor, when we start the helicopter the texture of the rotating blades are shifted slightly to the left

_ Wrong crane elevation on Zargabad map

Thank you very much BIS Team for your hard work on this patch!

Hopefully it will be available for steam users soon :)