Sign in to follow this  
sudayev

ARMA:CWA & Steam

Quick question. Is it possible to play this game detached from from Steam? Is it possible to mod the game and run mods when playing Steam version.

I don't use Steam so i have no idea about mod support.

But as an alternative, you can just download an install the standalone version of CWA and use the serial code given to you with the steam version of CWA :

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_Cold_War_Assault

No need of Steam to play this version, just having a valid serial code is enough for installing and using mods with this version works the same way as using mods with old OFP.

Steam version has no steam DRM. I can run it just by using exe without Steam even being loaded.

And yeah I installed some big mods that also required file changes (GRAA ECP) - works fine.

Thanks! Just purchased the game :)

I'm making free room on my shelves, just selling old titles and buying digital releases from Steam. I was looking forward to get OFP since my cd's with the game are in really bad shape and during the installation I get errors etc..

Is there a new content (missions) available for Steam OFP ?

edit:

You wont find Red Hammer campaign there, it was made by Codemasters. There is a simple solution to correct that.

It is simple to add the missing expansion pack to Arma: Cold War Assault. First, copy the "redhammer.pbo" file from your game's original discs to the "/campaign" folder, then copy "VoiceRH.pbo" from the disc and place it in the "/AddOns" folder. Red Hammer is now playable.

Edited by Sudayev