Sign in to follow this  
UKPUSHER

Rope ladders for choppers

I well want a ladder that can be thrown from the chopper to pic up troops below

as we all know landing in a hotzone is a bad idea [specially with t80s aroud]

Also they wouldnt have to do any character animations cos the game already has it [when u climb a watch tower]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from UKPUSHER on 7:46 pm on Nov. 17, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

Land == T80s shoot the landed chopper

Hover == T80s shoot the hovering chopper

Whats the difference? You think you will survive longer by lowering a rope? HA! You have more chance of surviving when landing between some trees...

Difference is that you could pick up troops where a helicopter normally can´t land, such as from inmidst a forrest.

While the enemy is waiting for you to go to an open LZ, you do the unexpected and exfiltrate right out of the middle of a big forrest.

Another thing is that the ladder system would not only allow to board the chopper while it´s airborne, it can also be used as insertion, means climbing down.

If we would get some flat top buildings, you could deliver a team of soldiers right on top of a building, so they can fight their way upstairs down by the book in house combat, or could be used for Sniper insertion.

In addition fast-roping would be cool, so you don´t have to fly a minimum altitude for parachute insertion...it would also look cool.

(Edited by Satchel at 9:56 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

Dawdler i dont want the rope so i can survive longer ........i do that anyway boy ...........im saying it would be cool and add to this already great game

Man, wouldn't it be cool to bungle down from that rope while the copter is flying? :biggrin:

Hehehe... that'd be a great rescue mission; just bungee down, grab a downed pilot, then fly back up. Its madness!

Or the "Try to not get squished against those teh large trees and win the game" sort of mission.

A rope would be sufficient, instead of a ladder,but that would require a new anmation. If there could be the possibilty to drop s.o. over a forest for ex. that could be cool, or just if s.o. is hanging on the rope during a flight - could be useful for hot evac

THATS CRAZY.

j/k its aswome. i think a rope will be better tho, so the infantry can just slide down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from UKPUSHER on 7:46 pm on Nov. 17, 2001

I well want a ladder that can be thrown from the chopper to pic up troops below

<span id='postcolor'>

You obviously mean something like this?: mh-60g-19990803hh60x2.jpg

Ha, ha we could recreate 'THE FALL GUY' opening sequence (remember that show!) - In a jeep heading for a ravine with a helicopter and rope ladder above, stand up in the seat and grab the ladder just as the jeep goes over the edge!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

well in the game i could land all the choppers sucessfully in the forest and still take off in one piece. amazing!

i would like to see assault and rescue ladders also but just so you guys know you can very slowly lower a chopper into the very dense woods(the ones tanks cant move thru very well) and land i do it all the time.it will crash the chopper once in a hundred tries but i have made a few missions were the pick up point is in those woods to give some cover for the chopper and the troops. one hint tho dont try this on a hill it has to semi level ground. ie if you couldnt land on terrain with out the trees you wont be able to with either.

Ropes ladders for choppers = excellent idea...

but they need to add a dust-circle at fly heights below 15! just a simply circle of dust like all other units make.