Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

v4.4 released!!!!

Over 20 sample missions including: Celle2, Hazar-Kot, Eden, Tigeria, Qom Province, CLAfghan, Lingor, Tora Bora, Podagorsk, Cicada, Takistan, Chernarus, Zargabad, Celle and Utes

A2CO, ACE, CWR missions AVAILABLE!

COOP, TvT, CTI missions AVAILABLE!

MAJOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS!

Experimental Persistent Database implemented!

msox.jpg

Get the latest 4.4 Missions AND MSO Code Base

here

Requires CBA

You need

ELITENESS to depbo these missions

Note: We will be regularly patching/fixing the code and missions as feedback comes in, so please check back here for any newer versions.

What's New for v4.4?

Over 200 bug fixes or improvements (see Changelog.txt)

Core

- Added PersistentDB! Now saves mission, player, object, vehicle and location data to external DB. Updated to support latest version of Arma2Net1.11.1 by Scott W and MySQLPlugIn by Firefly. Note: PDB currently does not support R3F cargo functionality, remove cargo before exiting mission. Objects that need to be persisted (i.e. those that are resupplied) should have a name added to them in the editor (or via text replacement in SQM) - this has been done only on COOP missions so far. Turn off NOMAD if you are going to use it, see MSO wiki for PersistentDB installation instructions (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki/Wiki). PDB requires OA 1.60 Beta patch version with CallExtension feature.

- DRN_WEATHER Updated to version 2

- Array addition performance improvements

- Updated default parameters for best performance

Support

- Implemented custom CAS-spawn marker (default as is). Mission designer can place a marker named "CAS_spawn" on the pos he likes CAS to be spawned. Made CAS working on Clafghan (northern populated at least) this way.

- Made WOB_Multispwn independent of CBA

- R3F_logistics Translated to Frenglish

- Check for ACE on initialization of RMM_Revive, R3F_Revive, RMM_Tyres

- Excluded AC130 and UAV until we found a fix (client logics passed to server on disc)

- R3F_LOGISTICS Added Wildcat

- Added R3F_Revive Module (default off)

Enemy

- IED Disarm feature added for TUP_IEDs (must be engineer class or carrying ACE Minedetector / EOD mod THOR III device)

- Client side AI enemy population module "CQB" added! Major performance improvements across the board for MSO.

- Added parameters for ZORA

- Added Sniper Operations to PO2

- Added Auto tasking for PO2

- Added Dynamic Enemy Population to improve performance of En Pop module

- Enemy now populate in map bunkers and fortifications

- Added support for Lingor factions

- Fixed PO2 issues

- Improved ambient bombers

- Added Nuclear Mission to PO2.

Ambience

- Moved ambient civs to client side for major performance improvement

- Added TPW houselights

- Improved ALICE house effects

- Changed ROE for ambient air

- Numerous improvements to ambient civs for better immersion

Missions

- mission.sqm: removed some lamp-logics and surrender module that wandered to server on disconnect

- Added Celle 2

- Updated Lingor

- Updated CLAfghan

- Updated Hazar Kot

- Updated CWR2 on Everon

Other

[sCRIPTS] Nuke can now be easily called locally by a missionmaker (and is executed globally)

[sCRIPTS] Added clientside Radiation-Zone FX for nuke

Known Issues

- PO2 tasks sometimes throw errors if there is no suitable position/building available

- Terrorist Cells causing performance problems - suggest to avoid for now and just use CQB module for COIN.

- Server Crashes with Ambient Emergency Services

- PreNLOD error occuring when running PDB with CBA, ACE and ACRE - let us know if you see this

- "player not found in playableunits" error when player disconnects, player data not saved occurs intermittently with latest beta patches

Feedback, issues, bugs

Report any issues here.

What Is MSO?

Multi Session Operations is a modular mission framework. Essentially it is a collection of scripts that create a persistent, living scenario in which the player operates. Unlike regular missions that have pre-scripted objectives, MSO procedurally generates enemy forces that are unpredictable and (semi) random. Players have to think beyond the mere tactical level and build up the intelligence picture, carrying out recce patrols to identify enemy locations and conduct deliberate attacks to neutralise them. Everything is persistent, including equipment, ammo, vehicles and even player lives. MSO is designed specifically for Dedicated Server use.

Recommended Settings / Peformance

Due to the dynamic nature of MSO and its reliance on scripting to generate ambience and dynamic enemy, it can be resource intensive. The default settings are the recommended ones for most maps. If you have a large map with lots of locations (Chernarus) or a large number of players you will want to consider disabling or dialling down ambience or enemy.

If you enable ALL the modules, please do not ask us why it performs so poorly. :)

Credits

Thanks to:

- MSO development team: Wolffy.au, Tupolov, highhead, friznit, WobblyHeadedBob, zorrobyte, HateDread, kieran, Ryan, Kolmain, and Rommel

- PersistentDB dev "team" - JMan, Scott W, Firefly

- Ryan, Antipop, Rommel, Militant, Scarecrow and Australian Armed Forces (AAF)

- Friznit, Tupolov, DaveP and Volunteer Commando Battalion (VCB)

- Krause, Beta, Sandiford, JollyResq - United Operations (UO)

- Kremator, SCAJolly, Katipo66, vengeance1, VRCRaptor, Dingbat, CebAlmighty, Jayc-astv, 16AA, VCB and AEF clans for testing

- Alef and Sickboy for CBA conversion for A2Free

- Xeno and Mikero for their Mission Builder Script

- Spyder for Object Network Update (ONU), LoyalGuard for ARMA Electrical Grids (AEG), ArmaIIholic and Highhead for World In Conflict (WICT), LurchiDerLurch for AC130 CAS

- Robalo, USMCWall, Muzzleflash, Wobbleyheadedbob, Hatedread, Zonekiller, VoW Widow, Swedge, Lonestar, SBSMac, Prymsuspec, zGuba, Fireball, Nou, Jaynus, Norrin for bits and pieces we got from you

- CWR² team, IceBreakr, Shezan, Commander, Old Bear for making your mods and islands MSO friendly

- Roy86 for Patrol Ops 2 Module

- Enigma for Weather Module

Well done MSOer's

Awesome guys! I go away for a week and come back to this goodness. Well done. Will get this baby going after breakfast.

Thx guys!

Be aware while patrolling around towns - those insurgents will keep ya asses moving!

Enjoy!

Reading in the MSOEditorsManual-1.pdf under section Respawn markers:

Then create a respawn marker in the base for each

friendly faction and label them respawn_<yourfaction>. The factions must match those in

support\modules\WHB_Multispawn\common\init_Client_DefaultSpawnLocations.sqf at line 14

Couldnt find the file in the MSO Base Code directory. Where is it or what should i do?

Guess you guys have made a lot of improvements on MSO so the manual is becoming a bit dated :)

Keep up the good work

Reading in the MSOEditorsManual-1.pdf under section Respawn markers:

Couldnt find the file in the MSO Base Code directory. Where is it or what should i do?

Guess you guys have made a lot of improvements on MSO so the manual is becoming a bit dated :)

Keep up the good work

Check your faction in debug console, (faction player) - for normal its like respawn_bis_us or respawn_bis_baf! In most missions the markers should be preplaced already, if yu use custom factions just place those markers on map - and theres r3f-revive i recommend using if vanilla!

Enjoy

PS: thx for pointing to manual, think needs to be updated more

Ok when the mqh is destroyed it spawns without the mqh funktions.

Can someone confirm this?

Edited by Fogu
not solved

Can't wait to start fiddling around with it, awesome work gentlemen!

So, I haven't played MSO in awhile, but I seem to remember being able to use the "Save" function from the ESC menu in ArmA 2 with this mission. Now, when I start up the mission on my dedicated server, I can't seem to save and resume the mission later (without having the mission just continuously run, that is). Am I missing something? I turned on Persistent DB and NOMAD player state save in the parameters but I can't find any way to save my progress. Thanks!

but I seem to remember being able to use the "Save" function from the ESC menu in ArmA 2 with this mission.

Sorry Maverick, game saves options have been disabled at least since v3.0 of MSO, probably earlier. You wouldn't have been able to save on dedicated, (you can do it when hosting multiplayer), but like I said - MSO has had the command disabled since almost the beginning.

This is actually what makes this release so special, is the fact we have persistence between server restarts - something we've never had before.

With PersistentDB/NOMAD, the Save Player State command can be found in the Interaction Menu (usually right Windows key) or throught the Communications Menus (0-0-8-SPS).

Ohhh, interaction menu. I looked through the Player's Manual but never thought to try that (since I wasn't running ACE, lol). Thanks for the reply!

And yeah, I guess I am remembering a way older version. :(

So if the server is not set to be a Persistent Battlefield, I can re-start the server/mission and resume if I save the player state?

If you have PersistentDB setup and enabled, yes. You can restart the server and (almost) everything will be back in its place and cleared areas remain cleared.

Excellent, thanks. Sorry for the slew of questions, but what do I need to do to "set up" PersistentDB, other than enabling it in the parameters menu and selecting which items I want to be saved?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the wiki link for it. :o

Hey Mso Team maybe i found a little bug.

When the Mhq is destroyed and the vehicle respawns in the base the Mhq funktions are gone.

I have tested this with the Stryker and with the Lav25mhq.

Congratz to the release and integration of PDB! Also it's great to see you continue to support and improve MSO. :)

Is there a (public) "test" server with PDB active? Cheers!

Hey Mso Team maybe i found a little bug.

When the Mhq is destroyed and the vehicle respawns in the base the Mhq funktions are gone.

I have tested this with the Stryker and with the Lav25mhq.

Hey fogu!

Will look into it! Thx for reporting in!

Enjoy!

Here's the latest stuff I've been working on.

http://www.ausarma.org/blog/4/entry-27-strategic-location-discovery-part-2/

Is there a (public) "test" server with PDB active? Cheers!

None that I know of. VOLCBAT run a test MSO server with PDB, I can give you the password on Skype. There may be others, but we'll need them to respond here.

hello guys i try the new mso 4.4 in takistan and the improvement are great but after 3 village crossing the server fps drop to 50 at 38 and i'm alone. That's bad because i really want to make some descent operation with more than 10 people. Any idea of what's the problem ?

Okay, I'm trying to set up the Persistent DB thing on my dedicated server, having NO knowledge of MySQL at all, following the instructions found here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki/Wiki

I got to here:

9. Import MSO db using MySQL Workbench (get MSO[date].sql from mission folder or GIT)

However, I can't find this file anywhere. Help? :x

Okay, figured that out. Now I am stuck here:

Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to ARMA2 folder, open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)

Can't find a Databases.txt file anywhere.

Edited by MavericK96

Well done!

Can't wait to test this :)

-k

UnitedOperations ran 38 player MSO for 3hrs this morning, with the server still running at around 18 FPS at the end of it all.

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5283108

This is a landmark acheivement for the MSO team and we are very grateful to Singleton and UO for supporting us to make it happen.

In addition to the 10 day run of beta v4.4 MSO a couple of weeks back (http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5064087), this is looking like a stable release.

Okay, I *think* I got PersistentDB set up. Couple of questions:

1) How do you know it's working? I tried using it and after a server restart it asked me if I wanted to teleport back to my previous location, and it put me back where I was with roughly the same gear. So I guess it's working...? However, tasks were not saved, so I ended up out in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle and no enemy camp to attack, lol.

2) Which leads me to my next question: How do you reset the DB? Like if you want to start fresh.

UnitedOperations ran 38 player MSO for 3hrs this morning, with the server still running at around 18 FPS at the end of it all.

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5283108

This is a landmark acheivement for the MSO team and we are very grateful to Singleton and UO for supporting us to make it happen.

In addition to the 10 day run of beta v4.4 MSO a couple of weeks back (http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5064087), this is looking like a stable release.

And we ran one for 3 days at a avarage of 20fps (http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5141088) and taking over 50% of taki before the server was reset due to idiots destroying vehicles and CBA needing updating.