Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

thanks , what sort of contact details you need , ts xfire steam any of others?

As for the MSO i have not idea why it is all written in the way that it makes it impossible to install on rented game servers , of course its possible to host it at home but mso is fairly "fat" mission and im pretty sure not many of arma 2 players can host over 20 players if that, rented game servers are cheap and fast, first mistake was made by PDB team by moving databases.txt from Arma2 root to appdata :( the other problem i have are routines , i cant import them from mos's sql file because of the permissions, but i could work around it by finding sql host with some more privileges...

Unfortunately the part that stores data to an external database (and therefore requires admin access) is not under control of the MSO team - that's all all PersistentDB. As mentioned above, MSO itself is just a mission pbo like any other mission. If you can't get admin access to your server, or find a location to host an sql database etc then you're going to struggle. I'd recommend renting a regular dedicated server rather than a gameserver if you want to go down this route (gameservers are cheap for a reason!)

Same goes for editing things like AIM or GBL into the mission - I'm sure it's possible, but the MSO dev team won't be adding any new features or third party mods, as the emphasis is entirely on bug and performance fixing for the final release of this version. But if you want to add things in, the moduler framework should make it pretty straight forward to do so. Please don't expect to get a lot of help from MSO devs fixing things that aren't their code though!

We actually use arma2net and arma2netmysqlplugin - they both now use AppData to store logs and config files etc.

MSO is framework - at max 5MB pbo... but of course you can remove whatever you don't want.

As Friz says, to use the database you need to have appropriate permissions to import the database schema - or ask your hoster to import it for you.

thanks for explanation guys , i've actually received reply from firefly2442 in PDB topic on this forum and he said, that it is possible he will add the option to read databases.txt from arma2 root folder , in that case i will only need MySQL with enough privileges to import routines , but that is much smaller problem ...

and again for the MSO , we play it right now with NOMAD on and it all works really well (and faster than with PDB i think) i would try to use the arma2net and amra2netmysql to export the nomad data to SQLite but i've had a looong brake from arma scripting and i have to work some things out again, so for now i will enjoy MSO on persistent server without DB :)

The PDB module is what you describe - there'd be no point reinventing the wheel by trying to make another script exporting Nomad data to SQL. But that said, if you want to make a function to convert mysql stored procs into SQF, that'd be pretty cool (we can sort of make it work, but not really putting much effort into it right now)

Edited by friznit2

Anyone know why when I try to use titleText or cutText in MSO it just flickers away?

Works in editors. Works for other missions, but MSO seems to block it.

hi all

I am using MSO on Isla Duala - the latest version with the new buildings is great for CQB. I have edited various of the MSO Factions config files to get Afrenian Rebels ibr_rebel_faction spawning in CQB - this is working fine. And Afrenian civilians are spawning via Alice 1.

However, I can't get rmm_enemypop to spawn ibr_rebel_faction. If I enable rmm_enmypop it basically spawns a mix of Takistan Army and Insurgents.

Is there a dependancy between the factions/units in Roy's MSO Patrol ops and the rmm_enemypop? Or should it be using the MSO Factions? If it is the former then I guess I will have to dig into his configs and set the units up.

Also, an idea for the future - I play MSO as a single player. I've set my PC up as a dedicated server and run the client on it as well. The PC is a quad core and this gives great results as most of the grunt is being done by the cores being used for the server, so the client gets very good, stable, frame rates. Would you consider adding an option to the params to make specific modules run server side instead of client side if desired? I am thinking particularly of the CQB as this can have a hit on the client frame rates whilst the server remains quite underloaded.

thanks for a great mod

Edited by jiltedjock

Hi Comrades!

First i wanted to apologize for the delay of 4.5 - there were major changes in ACE and we worked really hard to get MSO compatible and working fine! Be assured, the wait was worth it and we are happy to provide you a stable and shiney 4.5 version!

Official thread to be opened on the weekend!

@jil: Duala units need to be updated for default group configs (infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air) to be MSO compatible. As far as i know Wolffy.au has been in contact with icebreakr regarding that and is working on a Duala mission. I will ask him.

As mentioned before we are on a jumpt to MSO NG where i will try to have a method to switch spawning of units around localities.

see ya at the AO

I have moved the base from the original postion on chernarus, but the problem I am encountering which I would like to change is: Enemies are spawning at our base, is there a way to disable Enemies in that location completely from spawning there etc.? TIA

I have moved the base from the original postion on chernarus, but the problem I am encountering which I would like to change is: Enemies are spawning at our base, is there a way to disable Enemies in that location completely from spawning there etc.? TIA

Yeah, place a marker named "ammo", "ammo_1", "respawn_west" to your base - additionally you can place markers "CQB_BL0" - "CQB_BL1" for CQB blacklists!

working on release now ;)

Yo mates!

As i will open the 4.5 Release thread in a few minutes i want to thank you for your support and close this thread! Also RC missions will be dumped to not cause issues with latest PDB build.

Please ask questions etc. on the 4.5 release thread then!

For all of you, that had PDB installed already i suggest the following procedure for upgrading to 4.5 (its pretty simple):

- If you have a running campaign dont update with latest basecode but complete it first and then do a full switch.

- Backup and flush your database

- Reboot serverbox (to clear memory)

- Reimport latest SQL dump from MSO devheaven wiki

- clear MPmissionscache (also clients should do that, just in case)

- run up latest 4.5 mission

Again! Thank you for using MSO and check out our latest version!

Highhead

Please any mod lock this thread, as you read this!

Delete

Edited by Chaser98
Accidentaly bumped old version thread

Hello good evening!

Firstly apologies if already you have any post related to this, but I googled and not econtrei anything.

I'm trying to modify some unity within the MSO (mso_32_acex_coop_usa_vs_tak_ins_4-55.clafghan.pbo)

As for example swapping a BAF unit to Ragers.

Save and close.PBO

When I go to open the mission on a dedicated server does not work, pops up the screen, Wait for the Host, and then immediately back to the lobby of choice of mission.

Someone can tell me if it is possivvel I make such changes? As well as add units?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Could someone help me?

Thank you

I suggest you ask your question in the MSO 4.5 Thread, this thread is old!

Gunny

thanks

Hey guys I have used MSO to create a version for ACE on Celle2. Everything works fine but i would like to define the town locations through making a "case" here is what i have so far within the fn_initlocations.sqf

case "mbg_celle2": {
		{_twn = (group bis_functions_mainscope) createUnit ["LOGIC", (_x select 0), [], 0, "NONE"]; _twn setVariable ["name", (_x select 1)];[[_twn]] call BIS_fnc_locations;} foreach [
		[[9306.2266,2899.6436,0], "Hehlentor"],
                       [[8378.0928,3112.5146,0], "Gross Hehlen"],
                       [[11969.534,2383.7585,0], "Lachendorf"],
                       [[11821.923,5806.3496,0], "Eschede"],
                       [[8513.0332,8114.4448,0], "Beckedorf"],
                       [[9065.1094,8952.7031,0], "Hermannsburg"],
                       [[8424.1475,6202.7026,0], "Eversen"],
                       [[8310.2764,9633.7217,0], "Bonstorf"],
		[[9539.3652,10094.595,0], "Muden"],
		[[10574.109,10757.503,0], "Fassberg"],
		[[6961.6865,11299.323,0], "Wietzendorf"],
		[[6721.1938,7993.8247,0], "Bergen"],
		[[6999.2788,6695.875,0], "Offen"],
		[[7062.416,4683.2378,0], "Wolthausen"],
		[[5830.5503,4222.0718,0], "Winsen"],
		[[6041.6284,5725.3662,0], "Walle"],
		[[4534.4648,5544.0225,0], "Meissendorf"]
		[[4281.5752,8693.9922,0], "Central Strongpoint"],
		[[2922.4944,10927.099,0], "Dorfmark"],
		[[747.22778,11060.721,0], "Benefeld"],
		[[589.68909,8737.4063,0], "Dushorn"],
		[[1675.6074,9449.3389,0], "Fallingbostel"],
		[[579.45361,5058.2021,0], "Hademstorf"],
		[[2717.9919,4086.2161,0], "Thoren"],
		[[327.9216,3890.7327,0], "Schwarmstedt"],
		[[9198.7803,4081.1445,0], "Lachendorf"]];
			[] call _initNeighbors;
	};

How ever after initialization it seems to still create its own. I am stumped as to how to get this working. Any help would be great! thanks

Edited by frostey0007