Sign in to follow this  
JohnJJr

texture shimmer

I've got problems with textures shimmering. My computer is a i7-2600k @ 4.2 ghz. My video card is a zotac gtx580 3gb ram. Running win 7 home. Nvidia control panel is set at the reccomended nividia settings for toh. Here are some video examples of what i'm talking about.

Here are my settings in game

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j397/johnjjr/TakeOnH2012-06-2923-24-23-29.jpg

I've tried all kinds of settings and can't get rid of it. I do notice that if I zoom in on the affective area it goes away but drawing back it comes back again. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. I also have loaded the latest drivers for the video card. Thanks for any help.

Hi! Can you define even more clearly what you mean by shimmering please? Do you mean the clipping at the river shores?

I've tried all kinds of settings and can't get rid of it. I do notice that if I zoom in on the affective area it goes away but drawing back it comes back again.

it isnt evident in your videos i`m afraid , at least i cant see it ;(

maybe you mean those appear /dissapear buildings on the edge of your drawdistance ? try setting object draw distance in video settings to same or near total view distance if thats it , but you appear to be saying its a zfight or something but i cant see it in your videos sorry .

The Utube video's were the best that I can do( I think they didn't come in clear enough). View them full size @ 720p. On the 1st one (example 1) look at the large container storage area where all the cranes are in the distance. Everything in it and surrounding it is shimmering and flickering. Even as you come closer to it the textures don't sharpen up but remain "snowy" like poor tv reception. In the 2nd example look about half way up the windscreen and to your left at the industrial buildings. They are flashing and flickering. The waterways around them are also flickering. If I lean way in (zoom) with track ir everything goes away and is sharp but you loose sight of the instruments. I thought at first this was because of track ir, so I tried the game with it and the same thing happens. I tend like as much detail as I can get with a playable framerate. I'm getting 17-30 right now.