Sign in to follow this  
[evo] dan

Multi-Mission template mission

I have written a mission template for people to be able to use in order to create their own missions relatively easily after some of my clanmates coming up with brilliant ideas, but having very little clue when it coems to mission editing, therefore I decided to create this template so they can easily create missions and then put them into one large mission, which would select a mission at random for us to do. I have been trying to document in the scripts wherever possible what each peice of code is, and where you can find information relating to it on the BIKI in order to make it easier for people to understand what each bit of code is trying to do/ how they can edit it to do what they want.

The PBO included only comes with 1 mission in the multi-mission template, but does tell you how to expand on this so that you can have as many missions as you like. I do plan on updating this with new scripts as and when I write them and documenting them. Any feedback on the documentation is more then welcome.

Features

- 1 Template mission for you to edit/learn from

- An ammobox refilling script for you to edit/learn from

- A couple of parameters included such as time of day and whether you want missions close/medium/far away from base

- Multi-mission capability (aka you finish 1, it will randomly select another)

Download

The Rar folder comes with both the PBO so you can see what the parameters are like, as well as what it will do, and the folder already unpbo'd so that you can load it up into the editor and have a mess around, in order to see what I did.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/Multi-mission%20prototype%20pbo%20and%20folder.rar

Armaholic mirror:

Multi-Mission template mission

Credits

- Various [EVO] clan members for helping to play test the mission to make sure that it works + making sure that even mission making rookies can use this

- Various people around the BIS forums for their help on various scripting questions

- BIS for making Arma

Reusage

If you plan on releasing this as a seperate mission please don't forget to credit me and please don't delete any credits, thats the only "restriction" I put on the usage of this.

Future plans

- Write my own body + vehicle deletion script (yes I know Celery wrote one but I want to get somne practice writing scripts)

- Write my own vehicle respawn script (more so for ACE compatibility and for TOH + IF44)

- Teleport to MHQ

- Perhaps release a full bodied mission version of this with more missions for you then to expand on (make it more playable when first downloaded)

- Ingame notes

*NOTE

I will be releasing this for TOH and IF44 so theres no need to port it, I will do that for you in the next few days. This is for A2CO but I can release the mission for A2 if anyone would be interested in me doing that.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Sounds great, something I would like to mess with.., thanks

I would like to thank Armaholic for providing a mirror. The link is in the first post.