Phantom Mission Site Download my missions, view screenshots, and check out a step by step mission editing tutorial here - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Join CiA Coop Nights
Yeah, Phantom and I gave the mission a shot yesterday. In addition to what he's said:
1) At the beginning of the mission where you get in the helicopter for insertion, there were a couple AI guys jumping in and out of the helicopter. The first time we tried the mission we both got into the helo, and then it started to take off but then landed again to "wait" for two more AI guys to jump in. The second time we tried it, the AI guys didn't hop in but the helo still took off. Not a major issue, just a minor curiosity.
2) On the second mission attempt, the helo seemed to get stuck at the insertion point (i.e. did not fly away after we got out).
3) As Phantom mentioned, there was some weirdness with the ammo crate that appears once you trigger the Zodiac spawn crate. He claimed he could see some XM8 weapons in there but was unable to pick them up. I didn't see anything in the crate at all. This was running the mission on a dedicated server so it was not local to either of us (though the dedicated server is on a machine in my LAN).
4) After we cleared the island (we got the "island clear" message properly), I got a notice about "Unknown ship, 11 o' clock (I believe that was SE or so), 1000 meters", so we figured that was probably the warlord's ship. It was foggy so we couldn't see more than probably 500m or so, but after waiting for about 5 minutes or more, no ship ever came. At that point Phantom blew the large ammo boxes.
Other than those issues, the mission seemed to work well. One suggestion might be to throw a couple of backpacks in there so it's easier to take satchels for the ammo caches and tanks. Otherwise you end up using up half of your inventory for necessary satchels.
Which boat was supposed to have satchels on it? The Zodiac?
Core i7 920 @ 3.995 GHz, HT off
12 GB OCZ DDR3-1600
2x Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD
Windows 7 Pro x64
1920x1080 w/ View Distance at ~3600
Video Memory at Default
MSAA Very High, AToC=0, SMAA Ultra
Post Processing at Very Low
All other settings at Very High
One thing I forgot to ask earlier was if you had used the updated version, because I changed the activation from the addAction to a proximity trigger that ideally should have worked better. The ammo crate should have been empty as it was for you, but I think I will go ahead and delete it because afterall a crate is expected to have something in it. The two guys with the helo are semi-integral to the way the helo insertions work and sort of double as 'LZ security' and the AI flying is prone to quirks any way you cut it, but for the sake of continuity at the FOB I'll leave them in.
The warlord's ship should be working fine, although in the fog he may be easy to miss, and from his start location it shouldn't take too long for him to reach the island, but I'll take another look at it if I have the chance. Regarding backpacks, I just yesterday worked in Xeno's backpack script (since I can't use OA backpacks) into all my missions, almost exactly for that reason and the fact that I'd like to carry a few more grenades. I did modify it to prevent players from taking a second primary weapon, however.
Finally, yes, the Zodiac should have been preloaded with satchels. Thanks for playing, and let me know if you have a chance to try my other missions.
Yeah, we'll definitely give the rest a shot too. I don't have much time to play during the week with work and all.
I'm not sure which version we used, as Phantom sent me the files, so you'd have to ask him. We will try it again with the latest version as well.
Hey Kildar! Thanks again for this mission pack. Several of the concepts are very appealing and really motivated us to play them!
We have tested all of your missions on the Comrades in Arms coop server (a dedicated windows server). "Tested" meaning a 5-7 minutes of gameplay to see that the mission is solid. By no means a thorough test.
here are the results:
Belly of the BMP
1. The team leader is in different squad, all by himself. I suppose that wasn't intentional?
2. All the team members have radio mission select options which are not relevant to the mission and I guess are a remnant of your FOB Balota mission.
3. Insertion chopper and BMP - both of them leave the second someone gets inside them, leaving the rest of the squad behind. We had to time our entrance to the chopper to be at the same second to get us all inside.
4. One of the crewmen of the BMP was found dead by it when we reached the rendezvous point. A small suggestion here would be to have the BMP crew outside the vehicle when we reach them.
1. That mission showed no briefing (no "notes" and no "tasks"). We didn't test forward.
1. After choosing a mission out from the radio menu it takes a while until it initiates, which is fine biut anxious players click the desired mission again, leading for the radio commentary to be broadcast again. I guess it will be better to block the radio menu once a mission is selected.
1. The enemies on the island are moving back and forth in short lines (like 1 meter forward and 1 meter backwards). Looks pretty silly like that... Maybe better to have them stationary instead, I guess the island terrain is driving them crazy... Except that this is a great mission!
That's for the buggy ones. The rest are good missions! I especially liked the Utes assault ones. The sniper AI team covering your assault on Strelka was a really nice touch .
I do hope you release a fixed version for the pack. Looking forward to play these missions!
Thanks for the headups on these bugs Variable!
With Belly of the BMP, all those transport issues should be tied to me somehow not grouping the rest of the squad to team lead, and yes somehow I managed to copy and paste the SECOP triggers from FOB Balota into that mission. The dead BMP crewman was supposedly a easter egg/prank thing of how one member didn't want to defect so the rest of the crew took care of him, but I suppose it's confusing so I'll take it out.
The briefing with Pepper Spray should be fine, but I think the order in which I ran my init file may be delaying the execution of briefing.sqf. I did experience a problem like this while testing another mission so I made init ordering changes across the board, but have yet to post the new versions, and will do so shortly along with two new missions.
Regarding FOB Balota I copied the SECOPs setup from Gloopy's Utes mission, and I think it may be a little too much work to justify fixing that issue, but it's not really a mission anyways so forgive me if I'll let that one be.
I'll try changing Guard waypoints to Sentry for the Swamp Meet squads, so when I release the update let me know if that fixes the running around issue. I have high hopes for this mission, and if you get a chance to play it through I would love to see a recording. It might be unplayable nonetheless, as it can be quite difficult reaching the island in one piece in broad daylight, but I hope the provided mortar and snipers with good time on target practice and recon will make a combat landing survivable.
I've also just added Xeno's backpack script for most missions and made the insertion helicopters start on the ground for missions that begin in the FOB, so hopefully AI pathfinding within the base won't cause any grief.
PS: Some of the missions (the second Utes in particular) may have objective completion issues that should be fixed with my next update as well.
PPS: I was just checking out your mission list and noticed your comment on Second Entendre about fire starting on the BMP. This mission is the immediate sequel to Premiere in Theater, so I wanted to give the feeling of a war already started and that was the BTR HQ you destroyed in the last mission. In my upcoming third mission on Utes, you'll see more of these 'pre-destroyed' objects, including the AA guns on the hill and some of the vehicles in the outpost.
Last edited by Kildar; Jul 14 2012 at 23:28. Reason: Post Script
American Team leader: "What happened to him?"
BMP commander: "Well, Vadim had second thoughts and started to fight with us, so I had to silence him. We went down this road and we can't go back. Get in, we have to leave."
Mission pack updated. Backpack script by Xeno added across the board, tweaks and fixes, and three new missions! Changelogs can be found within the PBOs.
Last edited by Kildar; Jul 17 2012 at 01:10.