Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94364 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Thanks, Dwarden. Look forward to testing as soon as there's an OKT_NoBlur fix.

After joining in the first MP server, I am getting bad lag in SP and MP. Even after I have restarted the game.

Benchmark E8 from 55fps smooth to 30fps with lag effect.

Sound like the fix for me, it would be broken if you could still lock onto things you dont see.

Yes,but there is also the max range allowed by javelin which is not respected when VD is set to high values !

After joining in the first MP server, I am getting bad lag in SP and MP. Even after I have restarted the game.

I cant confirm a performacen drop. I had 26fps with 1.60 and now I get 28fps with last beta on very high default setting.

Your symptoms sound more like a HDD fragmentation problem. It might also help to delete the ArmAOA.cfg and User.cfg and let the game write a new one.

* some fixes and internal tweaks

Assuming the point of public betas is for feedback regarding changes, it would be helpful to get some specific details.

I cant confirm a performacen drop. I had 26fps with 1.60 and now I get 28fps with last beta on very high default setting.

Your symptoms sound more like a HDD fragmentation problem. It might also help to delete the ArmAOA.cfg and User.cfg and let the game write a new one.

I like to confirm massive performance drops in this beta. After playing roughly an hour fps dropped to 50 percent never coming back up again even when restarting ArmA. Mission is Warfare on Chernarus, fps dropped from around 30 to 15 - 13. Additionally there is alot of script lag and scripts start to produce a lot of errors in the rpt. Overall performance is worse in this beta as well by roughly 10 to 20 percent. After rolling back to beta 94103 and reloading the save game the same scene came up with over 30 fps and stayed there.

Please add seperate parameters for the different Post Processing effects in the .cfg...So we can control which effects should be enabled/disabled...

I like to add from yesterday, that I noticed my system was affected by this beta. It seem to have broken or caused a Nvidia driver breakdown. Where other games namely SF4AE was lagging too after I run this beta. Restarting the computer fixed it.

GPU-Z, GPU Core Clock was effected, idling at 405Mhz. When its should have been 50.6Mhz.

I am using Window 7 Home SP1 x64 up-to-date. i3 2120 - 8gig - Nvidia 470 with the latest 301.42 WHQL.

Edited by bristow

No change at all. Average FPS is 37 on E8 benchmark on vanilla and this beta.

Sometimes cutoffs, which look like stuttering. LOD changes and higher HDD I/O? Don't know but it looks like it. Got HDD btw no SSDs.

I like to confirm massive performance drops in this beta. After playing roughly an hour fps dropped to 50 percent never coming back up again even when restarting ArmA. Mission is Warfare on Chernarus, fps dropped from around 30 to 15 - 13. Additionally there is alot of script lag and scripts start to produce a lot of errors in the rpt. Overall performance is worse in this beta as well by roughly 10 to 20 percent. After rolling back to beta 94103 and reloading the save game the same scene came up with over 30 fps and stayed there.

This was a false positive. Performance breakdown was caused by a script goin' nuts after a while; just happened to kick in earlier in the latest beta. I just retested with 94364 and everything is back to normal. Sorry guys ...

Since LOD blending has been fixed,i can't use my shiny AK 107 GL PSO's scope properly,it feels really so heavy and laggy especially whne looking at forest or cities with a lot of houses like feruz abad .

Since LOD blending has been fixed

Can you please elaborate on this? LOD blending has never been worse for me than it is now: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35234 Can anyone else replicate this? Also experiencing it to the same degree in 94364.

I like to add from yesterday, that I noticed my system was affected by this beta. It seem to have broken or caused a Nvidia driver breakdown. Where other games namely SF4AE was lagging too after I run this beta. Restarting the computer fixed it.

GPU-Z, GPU Core Clock was effected, idling at 405Mhz. When its should have been 50.6Mhz.

I am using Window 7 Home SP1 x64 up-to-date. i3 2120 - 8gig - Nvidia 470 with the latest 301.42 WHQL.

How is this possible? There are no driver files that get changed with the betas!

no way that beta are affecting the system / drivers. the error musst be on your side.

heard that some card have problems with these nvidia drivers. go here and check the

forum: http://www.guru3d.com/

Can you please elaborate on this? LOD blending has never been worse for me than it is now: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35234 Can anyone else replicate this? Also experiencing it to the same degree in 94364.

I can. Have very same problem but since IM playing with latest beta ALL THE TIME, Im kinda used to it. Looks ugly though but keeps me on alert all the time. Walk in the zone, and jumping all the time spotting non existing enemies ( twitching bushes and trees ).

PS you havent voted on your own ticket.

I can. Have very same problem but since IM playing with latest beta ALL THE TIME, Im kinda used to it. Looks ugly though but keeps me on alert all the time. Walk in the zone, and jumping all the time spotting non existing enemies ( twitching bushes and trees ).

PS you havent voted on your own ticket.

Yeah. Only recently I started playing with betas and was really surprised how much worse it has gotten. LODs are blending/morphing and popping all over the place. Affects the gameplay big time in my opinion.

If there are any devs interested in throwing some more new commands, would something like setEyePos, setEyeDirection or TurnHead be possible?

Essentially it would be rather useful to be able to make some members of AI-led teams (not necessarily all units, but that would be better than nothing) carry out the equivalent of the "Scan Horizon" for human-led squads. This should enhance AI detection of enemies - all too often they seem blind as bats, partly because they don't seem to look off the line of march much or at all.

I reinstalled beta today and first I tested SP missions. It was fine.

2nd I tested SP LAN missions and it was fine.

3rd I tested MP mission with a server running Insurgance 1.50. It went fine!

To conclude, yesterdays run with wasp server running a modded version of benny's warfare resulted in game lag.