Sign in to follow this  
DerpleyMcNubbs

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' and Error compiling pixel shader

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Arma world, as well as a general noob when it comes to computers. I just bought and downloaded Arma II Combined Operations through Steam and Arma II installed perfectly fine. But the Operation Arrowhead is giving me some error messages. Now I know there are multiple threads asking the same questions but I have not been able to find any info that's been helpful to me personally. I would also like to mention that I'm trying to do this on an Acer Aspire 5536 Notebook, is that my problem right there or is it more easily solved?

The specs for my computer are as follows:

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 dual-core processor QL-64 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.10 GHz, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W) AMD M780G Chipset

ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3200 Graphics

Not sure what else I need, sorry.

I must mention though, that I have had the computer reformatted or whatever the process is called, I no longer have windows vista, I have windows 7, if that helps at all.

Thank you all for any consideration or help I may receive.

I forgot to actually mention in the first threat what my problem was, when I tried to install Operation arrowhead I first received an error message saying No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' and then once I close that message I get an error message saying Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAplha:0. After that the game just closes itself and stops installation.

I had this same problem when I started playing the other day what you do is open up steam, go to library, right click on arma II operation arrowhead, click on properties, click on the local files tab, then click on the verify integrity of game cache button and it should fix that file for you. If the problem persists try doing the same thing with arma II. Hope this helps and if not let me know.

I would try updating graphics driver to see if that helps with the shader problem.

@DerpleyMcNubbs

Why would you create a new thread to add something which you forgot in your previous thread? That makes no sense at all.

Additionally please take a little time to post in the correct section and search before posting. This has been asked many times already!

Threads merged, thread moved.

Did it work for you? I'm just wondering because I figured that out on my own so wondering if it works for anyone else besides me.

@Foxhound

Well guy, if you would look at the number of threads I have posted, it's 2, meaning that was my first time ever posting something. So I really see no problem with me making a mistake seeing as I'm still learning. How else would you suggest I had done what I had forgotten to do in my first thread?

In regards to why I would post a question asked many times and in the wrong place is because I thought I had the right place, again I'm sorta new. But I did search other threads for a solution but as I stated in my first post, found no information helping me personally.

If you're here to help me out, continue to do so, if you're just a flame bait, bugger off.

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 ----------

@Kocaine

Thank you very much my friend, you're solution has proved successful! No errors popped up at all, and it finished installation just grand. I can now enjoy the full wonders of Arma. Indeed, thank you sir or madame.

Edited by DerpleyMcNubbs

@Foxhound

If you're here to help me out, continue to do so, if you're just a flame bait, bugger off.

When you wish to complain about my moderation feel free to contact Placebo and inform him of my actions. In the meantime it is not allowed to discuss our moderation in public.

Rules are there to follow and not for new people to ignore just cause they are new. Searching before posting, posting in the correct forum section and not duplicating threads are pretty standard and normal forum rules.

Also I would appreciate it if you do not tell me to bugger off!