Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: "Authentication Timeout"

Post "Authentication Timeout"

Hi there,

I have been playing Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead for a year now without any problems. However, last week i wanted to try out DayZ mod, i attempted to join a server but after twenty seconds of joining it told me "authentication Timeout". It now happens in every single server i join whether or not it's a DayZ server. I have tried running as administrator, reinstalling three times, deleted it from regedit, i have even installed the latest Beta patch to see if it reduced the error but i have had no luck. I would really like to play the game again as i am a fan of the arma 2 series. I have already Contacted Steam support as i bought Combined Operations from steam but what they told me to do did not work, i also contacted the Bohemia Interactive Staff and they told me the same thing as Steam support. I would Greatly Apreciate your help in this.

Thanks,

Dayan.

I also get the error's "Bad CD Key", "Session Lost", and when i try to start up Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead without Combined operations i get "Error Creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine".
    Last edited by dayanchico; Jul 8 2012 at 15:13.

2.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #2
    Did you have a firewall/antivirus activated whilst installing? Do you have the same running whilst playing? We've had a few issues of late where Steam users installed whilst an antivirus was running and it completely messed things up.
    Welcome to Associate Producer Matt Lightfoot as new Forum/Community/Moderating lead, he should be contacted for all related matters now, not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    We've had a few issues of late where Steam users installed whilst an antivirus was running and it completely messed things up.
    AV/FW these days are starting to become worse than the malware they supposedly protect you from :-)

My firewall and Antivirus are disabled during the install.
    And my Firewall is disabled in game.

I got this the first few times I tried to play DayZ then it just stopped and I (to my surpise actually) spawned in a game. I suspect it is server-side overload or something as the DayZ server are packed

ye but it does not only happen with DayZ, it even happens in domination

the error still persists, any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

the error still persists, any help would be appreciated.