Napf Beta 3
This is a terrain for Arma2 Combined Operations. It is based around a real mountain called Napf in Switzerland, but it is highly fictionalized. The map is 22 on 22 kilometers big, of which about 20 on 15 are finished for this beta3. All unfisnihed terrain is in the south, which is dominated by big mountains. I would estimate that 75% of the map are finished now, next public release should be the full map.
New in Beta3
- West Coast is almost finished. Some new Towns there (biggest of them is Worb), new villages, forests, ...
- Second Airfield, both Airfields have a working ILS now
- A massive Water Dam on the border of the Beta3, which brings some bugs (Arma2 does not like water), but looks impressive
- Fixed roads (AI uses them as they should)
- Some minor changes in the Beta1-Area (some more agriculture fields and some more trees and bushes between these fields)
Some general Features:
- Two big Cities (somewhat bigger than Chernogorsk)
- About 40 villages and medium sized towns, some of them built within a hill.
- A lot of little hills and valleys, forest and ponds, some with dirt road access and agriculture, others with almost no civilization.
- Two Airports, one small Military Base (Travel Distance from Airport to Airport is 16 Kilometers)
- You can place yourself with a helicopter on the island of Pfeffingen and then fly to Worb, the biggest town of the West Coast. Travel Distance is 18.5km, and with a View Distance of 3km you will not see ANY unfinished terrain.
- Tested in Multiplayer without serious bugs.
Required Addons (**All addons are allready included in this download**):
- Mondkalbs Killhouses: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15180
- Mondkalb Buildings 3: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14828
- Mondkalb Generic African Buildings: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17817
- Modified Version of the GermanWaysigns from Marseille77: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9658
- My Clanmate Flattermann for placing objects on the Islands of Pfeffikon and Suhrenfeld and for modifying the Waysign-Addon from Marseille77 to my needs. He also builded the Schrattendamm and the Power Lines (Power Lines are still WIP).
- Hotzenplotz from URR-Clan for his help with Visitor and Photoshop
- AngryInsects-Team for Pre-Beta-Testing and moral support (visit www.angryinsects.de)
- The team of DayzUnleashed for using the map in their DayZ-Mod
- Bushlurker and others for many helpful posts in the Editing-Section of the bi-Forums
- shezan74 for WorldTools
- Mondkalb for his buildings
- Marseille77 for the GermanWaysigns Addon.
- BIS for making Arma2
Screenshots from Beta3:
Screenshots from Beta2: