Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94103 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[94049] New: terrainIntersectASL command

[94049] Fixed: terrainIntersect reverted to ATL

[94002] Fixed: PlayerId changed for users using Reinforcements or Arma X Anniversary edition to prevent PlayerId conflicts.

[94001] Fixed: "enableItemsDropping = 0;" now even for MP clients

[94001] New: moonIntensity command

[94001] New: sunOrMoon command

[93989] Changed: When dropping weapon unrelated magazine will not be dropped

BattlEye support: supported, enjoy!

Edited by Dwarden

Does it mean that even if server is not running beta,i will not lose my items while swimming ?

What does sunOrMoon do..?

during sunrise, this value will change from 0 to 1

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Does it mean that even if server is not running beta,i will not lose my items while swimming ?

You should not.

Why not just make it impossible to lose gear while swimming ?

I see no reason why soldier should lose gear after swimming !

Why not just make it impossible to lose gear while swimming ?

I see no reason why soldier should lose gear after swimming !

Please, send me a video, where you swim with kevlar vest, M16 ,rocket launcher, ammo and backpack and I will make it impossible. :)

How do i use this command & where to apply it "[94001] New: moonIntensity command" and what effect will it have on the moon during night?

Will everything (enviroment) get brighter?

Thx :)

How do i use this command & where to apply it "[94001] New: moonIntensity command" and what effect will it have on the moon during night?

+1. What is the range of possible values for moonIntensity?

Please, send me a video, where you swim with kevlar vest, M16 ,rocket launcher, ammo and backpack and I will make it impossible. :)

Well, at least primary weapon ? or add new command that checks if the weapon is waterproof or not :D (mk17 and ak47 are not affected by water)

It returns how much light you get from the moon. (based on moon phase and position).

Value can be > 0 during the day, if you can see the moon.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

+1. What is the range of possible values for moonIntensity?

from 0 to 1

Well, at least primary weapon ? or add new command that checks if the weapon is waterproof or not :D (mk17 and ak47 are not affected by water)
The inability to swim properly with many kilos on your back is unrelated to if a weapon is waterproof or not.

from 0 to 1

Thanks. Floating point values, I assume?

It returns how much light you get from the moon. (based on moon phase and position).

Value can be > 0 during the day, if you can see the moon.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

from 0 to 1

Do you set this parameter in arma2oa.cfg or in init of the mission?

It returns the value. Meaning it tells YOU how much moonlight is there, not the other way.

Do you set this parameter in arma2oa.cfg or in init of the mission?

It is only Get, not Set.

If you want to change moon intensity, change date.

The inability to swim properly with many kilos on your back is unrelated to if a weapon is waterproof or not.

You can easily swim with only primary weapon !

The waterproof thing is to make sure that the weapon will be operational after you get out of the water !

You can swim with a slightly heavy thing too,other than primary weapon ! and keep in mind that when you swim you feel lighter due to archimedes thrust !

And you can in Arma too, just not for very long.

Yeah ! but it's a kind of punishement for a feature that doesn't exist ! which is a real fatigue system related to what the player carries !

How come you accept that fact that you can run with Javelin +m16 but not swimming with only primary weapon !

Can we please get back to discussing bugs and improvements from this latest beta instead of the merits of swimming with a weapon or not? Having subscribed every latest beta thread, I am not really interested receiving posts totally not pertaining to the beta in question. The suggestions section of the forums is there for a reason after all.

[93652] New: Scripting functions visiblePositionASL and nearestBuilding position

nearestBuilding isn't new, it's been in since forever according to biki.

There's fatigue system. It's just very primitive.

If you are rested and will swim - you can swim for a minute, full gear.

If you will try to swim after running for 10 minutes - you will drop your gear almost immediately.

My guess is ArmA3 will have it done right.

I can live with units losing their gear if they are forced to swim, it's just a pity that in ARMA 2 AI don't seem to be aware of small bodies of water and will often walk through them rather than go around or indeed even lie down in a pond to take cover. This means the AI lose their gear due to taking unnecessary swims which can be a little bit frustrating.

Edited by stun

Thanks for the update, & even more for the new commands :D

Will there be a 'get sunormoon' type of command that will enable the mission designer readily to detect sunrise/sunset?

Cheers

Orcinus