Sign in to follow this  
Crazed Killa

A cool addon

Being able to change clothes would be very cool.

Especially if your a sniper in that ghile suit and you've decided to stop sniping and you pick up a ak74 form a dead russian because that suit always gets in your line of site when you strafe to the right.

Rember this game isnt hitman code name 47!changing into blood clothes will get u into online trouble cause humans unlike ai can't tell the diff. Also try to re,ber that in swat 3 many people mad a ghost mod, but ai could see it, not until the ghost recon mod came out (before that rouge game) ai couldn't see the people using that mod. So ai will still get u no matter whut

That's to bad the ghile suite is just for looks & has no effect on ability to blend in to your surroundings.

I dunno, the sniper is usually the first member of my squad to die.

He takes a few pot shots at the enemy and they wipe him out with a burst of AK fire from 400m

I was talking about if your the sniper not a teammate the bushes on the suit get in the way when running to the right

Its not the ability of the AI to "see" the unit in question, the level of camofladge or how well he can be spotted by the AI is down to a string in the configuration file (cpp) which goes:

camoflage=0.7500000 (for standard soliders)

camoflage=0.9500000 (for snipers)

"1= invisable to AI, 0= huge dirt big target on chest saying shoot me now!"

Whether they have a ghillie suit in or not is irrelivant.

What the AI spots when they see a sniper most of the time is the mussel flash (which gets progressively larger until 3 shot with huge flash) and distinctive tracable sound. The best method is to get down and hide well and keep on your toes, ready to move if things hot up. The sniper when in a squad should be kept well back and told to get to a convienient position by his commander and he when in that position should hide well and only fire when neccessary in order to save his own skin and be of value to the team.

Did this help?

I have suggested before that the ghillie suit become apart of the gear section - but that would mean loading variable units (because can't adjust camoflage setting) every time you load the mission which is probably not possible.

But keep your eyes on the addon section on the OperatinFlashpointEditingCenter for my soon to be released ghillie solider (all classed in bush siut camo!).

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 10:32 pm on Nov. 21, 2001)

Sniper comes in very handy next to the commander indeed! i often use him in combination with my binoculairs (<---- hmmm..spelled right?) and i pinpoint the targets for him. Just select the sniper, and press right mouse button on target when in binoc..bi..binocu..binoculair mode! works every time!! lets youre squad do the hard work, while you stay well out of the action! wink.gif

You sound like and excellent spotter with you BINOCULARS, maybe BIS should add you a Stoner (thats a spotters rifle for the uneducated), shame it wasn't around back in 1985. Thinking about it though I may make it as a little toy addon.