1. The BDR Clan is composed of indivduals who share the common passion for the same game. Everyone is welcome into the BDR without any discrimination of sex, race, age.
2. The main purpose of the BDR Clan is to simulate militay scenarios. Therefore the organization, the moments of play, the chain of command are all inspired to the military reality. This can't and doesn't exclude the fact that ultimate and definitive objective is ENJOYMENT and getting toghether.
3. To ask to become part of the BDR Clan, you have to create a new thread in the Recruiting section of the forum. The new thread doesn't automatically imply you've been accepted in the clan, it is merely to give a public and anknowledgeable temporal indication of when you presented your enrollment inquiry, that you have explicitely accepted these rules, and you expressed interest in becoming part of the Clan.
4. for obvious reasons of security and transparency, no member of any other Arma2 related organization/clan can be part of our clan too. Any enrollment inquiry in multiple groups is ground for immediate rejection.
5. Anyone, either registered, prospective member or just friend, will always be free to join the Teamspeak server and the playing servers to partecipate to missions, and to furtherly foster friendships and relations between all the players. Members wanna-bes are those that are most suggested to take active part in the community to help already present members get to know them.
6. Usually a maximum of 20 days may pass between the enrollment inquiry and the official response from the high command. This official response may be in the form of acceptance, denial or lengthening of the trial period.
7. New members will have the rank of Private or Corporal. The rank has effect only during gameplay, it shall not be used to prevail against other members outside of the game. Such behaviours will be immediately and heavily sanctioned. The player will rank up depending on partecipation, commitment and collaboration to the activities of the clan. Team leaders may propose promotions and the High Command may promote players who showed astounding abilities either game related or socially related. For further information see the rank rules.
8. The acceptance of the enrollment inquiry will be evaluated by the Training Command, with the final decision pertaining the High Command.
9. When the prospective player is accepted, his tag will become part of the Clan XML and he will therefore have to put the XML link in his player profile.
This is an honour as well as a duty: from this point on the player will wear the Clan Tag durning multiplayer mission, effectively representing the Clan itself.
The player must also conform his nickname to a predefined scheme in the form
Different schemes won't be accepted.
10. The presence of the player in the XML effectively means the affiliation with the clan with all the rights and duties it brings. Players in the XML will have access to the internal forum which is reserved to active members.
11. Presence of the player in the XML is to be considered TEMPORARY at all times and condition. Players may be removed without any notice whatsoever, and his/her access to the private forum will be revoked instantly. Such decision may be spurred by unethical behaviours, unsanctioned actions (either in a human sense or in a BDR sense) or anything that ruins the name of the clan, or the social relations between its members.
12. In respect to the active members of the clan, and to better organize the various activities, clan members that can't guarantee a presence for long periods will be removed from the XML and consequently from the private forum. Those who can't partecipate for a period of time shall give the High Command appropriate communication the Licences section. The licence period can not exceed 4 months. During the licence period, the player is considered Reserve, his rank and tag will be preserved.
Clan members who will not be seen partecipating for a period of 1 month without prior communication of absence, will be considered Reserve ex-officio. If they won't provide details regarding their ability to partecipate in a further month, they will be expelled from the Clan.
Such members will heretofore cease to be members, but this action doesn't prevent them to apply again for membership. In such case the request will be considered anew and evaluated just like the first time.
13. Clan members MUST abide to the following rules
- Visit the forum often to get updated news about clan activities
- Visit the Passwords section often to be notified of servers' password changes
- ABSOLUTELY AND CORRECTLY MAKE USE OF THE CALENDAR present in home page
- Post discussion pertaining strategy or anything deeply linked with the clan activities ONLY in the private forum
- Use the game chat as less as possibile, especially during multi-clan events (like ATC, RollingThunder, etc)
- Think twice about where to post their next topic and avoid offtopics, especially in official threads
- Grudges and complaints are to be brought to the attention of a senior member or directly to the High Command
- Always behave themselves remembering the Tag they're wearing no matter what server they are playing in
- Learn how to use voice communications best, long-winded people are short lived
- Listen first then... eventually... speak
- Always listen for High Command, Senior Officers or Team Leaders indications and commands
14. Those who have high responsibility roles in the chain of command of the Clan will share a direct IRL (phone/mobile) contact with the High Command.
It will be used only in case of emergency. No spam or selling anything
15. Team leaders will be selected amongst not just those excelling in skill, but who have a particular clarity in communicating, knowledge of the procedures,consistent partecipation to the various activities of the clan. Without previous notice the High Command may vary the composition of the teams and each member responsibilities -including Team Leaders- to better suite the need of the moment.
16. Each member is the clan business card! Everywhere he/she is, each member shall be a correct and balanced individual, always respectfull of other people. The best advertising is always a good member! Members are further required to partecipate in every activity with their Clan Tag, both inside the clan premises (servers, forum) or outside: any other server, forum, or anything where the member represents his Arma2 character, he is obliged to wear the Clan Tag.
17. Clan members that distinguish themselves for particular collaborations in the clan activities, may receive special commendations (medals) they may use in their Signature in the forum, and will also show in their profile on the site. Such awards will be decided by the High Command.
18. The High Command may decide to allow some members to preserve their membership status (and XML) even if they cease to be active on grounds of great contributions. In such cases these members will be defined Onorary Members.
19. These regulations are to be considered forever temporary and subject to modifications. It is anyway considered accepted by the prospective member at the time he/she files the enrollment inquiry. Modifications may happen at any time without notice.