Sign in to follow this  
Chernaya Akula

Nexts addons

What you want to see in the nexts addons???

I want:

- BTR-70 or 80

- BRDM-2 w/ turret

- Mi-6 Hook or Mi-26 Halo(better)

- Real Commander seat in the BMP-2

- Smoke granades for the armored units

- LAV-25

- New civilians units, like childrens, womans....

- Animals like dogs, cows, birds...

- Cops

- New civilian cars (lada, renalt...)

- Ships

- The rain fall into the house and car....how this is possible?confused.gif (bug)

- MRS (multiple rockets sistem)

->URAGAN 9K57 of BM-21 Grad(better)for the Russians

->M270 for the Americans

- Improve the BRDM and BMP armor (is to weak)

just a few ideas..... smile.gif

(Edited by Spetznaz at 6:51 pm on Nov. 18, 2001)

(Edited by Spetznaz at 8:48 pm on Nov. 18, 2001)

You know, what idiot would let civilian children into a warzone? Same with the cops. What are they going to protect the nonexistent civilians agianst? Their handguns vs my T80? And why would rain be falling into a car?confused.gif?? The vehicle and weapons ideas are good though.

I think some Modern Trucks !!!

for example

MAN

MERCEDES

Renault

or Kamaz

woud be cool

=)

and a new Island ah city =)

more civilian stuff, and firemen, police, ambulances etc... would be wicked for cutscenes or mods. having a mission in a large town (hopefully we'll get a bigger town somewhere) where the russians paradrop onto it, and the town has lots of normal life and everything, maybe even police roadblocks smile.gif IF you had a zombie mod (like we talked about ages ago but it never came around sad.gif ) police would be essential, but they'd have their uses in game, purely cosmetic though.

besides, i'd assume some SWAT team missions would be pretty decent smile.gif

(Edited by Ruskie at 7:39 pm on Nov. 18, 2001)

all i want is the uh-60-mg with a m60 instead of the m2.

the point is that the uh60 has the m60 on it in real life!!! ss why not in the real game!!! it cant be that hard to implement

I agree whole heartedly on most points.

More civilians yes! Women and Children. But I don't miss firemen, policemen, etc.

No ships! The engine doesn't support it and I can't see them being incorperated easily or realistically, but maybe more boats.

No MRLS or BM-21 or the like, there range covers the islands ten times over and is well pointless.

The BMP and BRDM armour is fine, if it was stronger they would be too hard a fight for a squad of soldiers, especially if there were more thna one...thay are not tanks. The BRDM after all is just like a Hummer.

Definately agree with the M2 being swapped for a M60 - I can't imagine that it is that hard a task. BTR-70 would be wicked as would a BRDM with a turret, and whilst on the topic how about a Hummer with a machine gun mount?

LAV-25 yeah cool (but were they around in 1985?)

Smoke launchers that work on the tanks I have been campaign for, for a long time, but nought.

The commander seat in the BMP-2 definatly needs to be fixed - that pisses me off, bit of a mistake on BIS part me thinks.

Animals yeah...everything else yeah.

Bugs need to be fixed too. Not that there are too many left.

It doesn't matter if they weren't around in 1985. We've got units and weapons that weren't around in 1985 already.

There was a rumour a while ago that the MI28 Havoc will be out in the next addon.

Personally, I think that you should be able to shoot from the windows of vehicles, so that they wouldn't be so defenseless against foot soldiers. The smoke grens on the armored units is a good idea... probably wouldn't be hard to do. I think we need a Huey with a gun in the door. THAT would be fun. More civs is cool too. Maybe make some animals, but not too many... it would probably take a bite out of the FPS of the average player

you cant choose to be stuck in a warzone! so children would be realistic, especially if theyre cealed in and hiding from the fighting.

all good ideas, part from cops, cos you will be able to make them for your own mod, there arent any big towns to support cops and they are pretty useless against military, like someone said.

dont mind the rest.

yeah, yeah, you already got non-realistic time scale weapons, but i think it was the czechs trying to desperately impress its german and austrian neighbours by putting in such crap guns! i bet the neighbours were peeing themselves with joy though.

maybe the mrs could be equivalent of scud, not do anything, but could be used for mission atmosphere, as it is too long range for this game

i dont mind ships, nothing against them, but i doubt any will be used. the big ship was probably only put in as it was there from the start of the development of the game.

And new Islands, would be cool... to,

and about the Mi-28 Havoc, I think that the Ka-50 Hokun-A would be better, since he had his first flight in 1982 and the Russian Army, choose him to replace the Mi-24 Hind.

And the T-80 should have a anti-tank missile (AT-8 or AT-11 I don't know)

yess, i agree. we need new and larger island, with bridges.

good for missions like defend the bridge or destroy the bridge.

I want to see motorcycles.

And the RPK74/47

I know this ain't possible but underground stuff would be cool.

Instead of adding all this other stuff.....how about we have them concentrate on faults that are already there:

- THROWING GRENADES

Why, when laying prone, do you stand up to throw a grenade and expose yourself to fire?? Correct it to an over-the-head toss and not as much range

- BUILDINGS

Why can't we go into every building?confused.gif

- MEDICS

Every US Army soldier carries bandages for first aid. Why not the option of getting under cover, and "Apply Field Dressing to Wound"confused.gif??

- EMPTY WEAPONS

Ability to drop empty weapons(addressed MANY times before)

- M203

The M16 w/M203 mounted has its own independant sight for firing grenades...where is it?confused.gif?

- M1A1

I'm not even gonna go there(I've been a M1A1 tanker for the last 11 years...many faults there)

Just my 2 cents here

There are a few things I would like to see in future updates:

1. A militairy transport plane like the C-130 on both allied and soviet side. Don't you think it is rather stupid to insert troopers with a chute from a chopper, the thing can also just land or hover to make the insertion.

2. A good mortar with a crew of two or 3 man, not the silly grenades you can fire from your rifle but a real mortar.

3. Trenches a position is very difficult to defend now, with a few tanks and some infantry you can take every posistion you want, (unless the enememy has got a nice chopper hanging over the target of course).

4. A good boat for armor transportation. With the 1.30 update they inserted an transporter wich can't do much more than float.

Well there are a few more things but these are the ones I miss the most right now.

Ok ... my tuppence worth ....

C-130 - Yes! Short landing capability, paratroop drops, good possibilities for scenario design, etc. Soviet equivalent as well please.

Tactical aircraft - No! With the possible exception of the Harrier and some COIN aircraft it would not add a lot to the game and ... on a practical level ... the game engine is not up to it.

Helicopters - Sure. Currently I see no game advantages to taking an OH-58 on a mission instead of an AH-1, but it adds options to scenario designers. More the merrier.

Guns, etc - Sure. Again ... I doubt it would make much difference to game balance, just a different name and shape. But for the sake of accuracy in introducing other nations (A Falkland Islands campaign almost fits timeline and island scenery (add more rain and some penguins)) it would be worth it..

Civilians - Yes ... all sorts. For cut-scenes and a resistance based scenario.

Basically I don't mind as long it is accurate and either 1985 specific or CLEARLY labeled as anachronistic.

Oh I forgot ...... ARTILLERY!

Mortors, field guns (very popular with Soviet forces), Katushas, etc, etc.

Made this list on general board some time ago fits more here but here is what i think would be nice

Resistance:

BTR 60 (Amphibious APC)

T-34 (WW2 tank) used in most of the conflicts in former east europe like Yugoslavia, Kosovo and former russian states

Sherman (WW2 Tank) same as above just not that much

why: all 3 are old stuff that would display what a resistance army would be able to grab. the BTR is a man mover and and the two ww2 tanks could be used as fire support but not really like tanks because of low caliber. (Used like that in Bosnia)

Russians:

PT-76 (Light Amphibious tank) Would be great for beach landings

BMD (Light airborne combat vehicle) air dropped very light tank. Should say it all =)

BTR 70/80 ( Whelled Amphibious APC)

2S1 / 2S3 (122mm / 152mm self propelled howitzers) Would be nice with some artillery support

why: PT 76 and BMD would be a major add to game play. Fire support for a beach landings and air assault without having to place tanks on beach/land from the start. BTR's are need to get and equal to the m113 which the BTR are and not the BRDM which is a recon unit. BTR's are only armed with a 14.5mm turret gun. And then theres the 2S1/2S3 are self propelled howitzers and i dont think the islands are to small, well desert island is smile.gif

US:

Jeep with TOW

HMMWV with M2

HMMWV with M60

HMMWV with MARK19 (Full auto grenade launcher)

All 3 are used in US army today

AAV 7 (Amphibious Attack Vehicle) For those beach landings again

M109 (155mm self propelled howitzers) Same as on russian side

why : Jeep/HMMWV are to get more different light vehicles and also they are used like that today. AAV 7 is for beachlandings without using a patrol boat. And last theres a self propelled howitzer for US side.

And as a last thing sure lets get some mortars and/or towed artillery. Great for interacting firesupports and TARGETS. The static artillery in game cant do nothing.

(Edited by dkraver at 12:07 am on Nov. 20, 2001)

I ahve doubts over having 4 different Humvees in the game wink.gif

And a C-130 would be pretty foolish, it's so big it's not even worth it. It'd take a LOT more than the Malden airfield to get one airborne.

I'd rather have the quaint little C-27A Spartan:

c-27-9811253a.jpg

And the AN-26 Curl:

an-26-DAST8604155.jpg

The KA-50, though, a bad idea. It was barely on the drawing boards in 1985. We should settle for a KA-29B:

helix_1.jpg

Huey UH-1 (H variant)

also an "elite" mode, where injured troops must be ferried via medevac to nearest field hospitals etc..