Sign in to follow this  
NW84

Suggestion of adding AV-8B Harrier

Hey all,

Would be adding the AV-8B Harrier be too much for OPF? If anyone would like anymore info on this idea please reply or contact me at 33802062 (icq) Nightwolf7063 (aim) and NightWolf7063@military.com (e-mail) I'am willing to provide all information needed to complete this project.

NW85 the Harrier would be cool .

This topic has probably been discussed about a trillion times now smile.gif No offence

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from quakergamer on 2:11 am on Nov. 21, 2001

Harrier will appear for OPF<span id='postcolor'>

Really?? Didnt now that!

When?

What a waste , the planes in OFP suck now , why do you want more?.

How about getting back to what this is , an Infantry sim , all this aircraft s**t....... gimmie guns and ammo smile.gif

That's great well that anwsers all my questions

The harrier would be a good plane to add because of this

*imagine* having a plane pop out of a bunch of trees and launch missles all over the place to just land back down and dissappear without anyone knowing??

How soon devil?

Devil

You know you are not supposed to play with your food before you eat it smile.gif

[bEEP BEEP] Oh dear, you seem to have set off the BIG FAT LIAR detector wink.gif

The Harrier is for a program that BIS is writing for military use, and putting it into OFP isn't high on BIS's list of things to do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from drewb99 on 4:26 am on Nov. 21, 2001

[bEEP BEEP] Oh dear, you seem to have set off the BIG FAT LIAR detector wink.gif

The Harrier is for a program that BIS is writing for military use, and putting it into OFP isn't high on BIS's list of things to do.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devil on 5:16 am on Nov. 21, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from drewb99 on 4:26 am on Nov. 21, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is.<span id='postcolor'>

well I saw that too but the terrain look like in OPF .... So why not put it in the game ??

all that BIs has to do is drag the file from the game(forgot the name) to OperationFlashpoint\addons

AND WE GOT OUR HARRIER!

Then how could BIS justify charging $100,000's dollars to their military customers when they could go buy the civil version for $50.

Guest Scooby

Most likely the military version is alot more polished and realistic.

I find it hard to imagine to train military skills with computer games. I find it evern harder to believe that they would be practised with it with OFP how it currently is.

It would only do harm to skills of soldiers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ilinley on 2:54 pm on Nov. 21, 2001

Then how could BIS justify charging $100,000's dollars to their military customers when they could go buy the civil version for $50.

<span id='postcolor'>

Well one is a military simulation, and not that fun to use and is too realistic. The other is a game and is fun to play, and not that realistic.

You seen those realistic flight sims the pilots use - far more technical than 'Flight Simulator', and 'Delta Force' was based on a military simulator used for tactical training.

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 10:11 pm on Nov. 21, 2001)

A harrier is a horrible idea. It has vertical capabilities so it can take off and land in small distances, not so it can hide behind trees and pop up for an attack. Thats what helicopters are for. And they're far better suited for it. I really hope BIS dissregards all of these poor ideas being thrown around.

Realistially, An AV8 flown by US Marines is far more likely to be used in a rapid crisis intervention than an A10, but it doesn't use pop-up attacks. But if the third weapon pack is to be the last, I guess it won't be added unless the SDK becomes available.