Sign in to follow this  
sevensixtytwo

Perma-face bug after exporting from O2 and other problems

Seeing as the last post in this part of the forums is over 10 years old, I'm not being optimistic about my chances of getting a reply. But I figure I should post it here first, just to make sure, before asking somewhere else.

I'm currently trying my hand at editing character models in O2 (mostly just deleting unnecessary doodads) and getting them back in game, the foremost reason being performance for my weak-arse laptop. I have no plans of releasing these edited models ever, so please breathe easy.

I'm currently experiencing the "face bug" where the character model isn't assigned a random face, even after binarizing to ODOL. Normally, this wouldn't be hard to solve with crocktons of solutions and advice hanging around the forums but no matter what I do (whether it be tweaking the CfgModels to the named selections) it just won't run correctly. To add to the frustration, hidden selections do not work with these new models.

What I did first was edit the texture paths of the original ODOL .p3ds before saving it as MLOD using ODOL explorer. Then I loaded it up on O2, deleted a few objects from each LOD, and then save it as MLOD again. I then binarized it using BinarizeIT and wrote up a config.cpp for them based on their original config.

If anyone can tell me what I missed or has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers, big-ears.

Seeing as the last post in this part of the forums is over 10 years old, I'm not being optimistic about my chances of getting a reply. But I figure I should post it here first, just to make sure, before asking somewhere else.

Not exactly a good start. We're still a handfull of helpful modders around here.

I'm currently experiencing the "face bug" where the character model isn't assigned a random face, even after binarizing to ODOL. Normally, this wouldn't be hard to solve with crocktons of solutions and advice hanging around the forums but no matter what I do (whether it be tweaking the CfgModels to the named selections) it just won't run correctly. To add to the frustration, hidden selections do not work with these new models.

What I did first was edit the texture paths of the original ODOL .p3ds before saving it as MLOD using ODOL explorer. Then I loaded it up on O2, deleted a few objects from each LOD, and then save it as MLOD again. I then binarized it using BinarizeIT and wrote up a config.cpp for them based on their original config.

If anyone can tell me what I missed or has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers, big-ears.

There's no need to binarize model to get it working. BUT unbinarizing ODOL model may mess up model selections. Random face selection is called "osobnost" in the model, you may want to check it.

That's a relief. :D

I see what you mean. I checked the selections in O2 and found section osobnost not including the head and hands. I fixed it up for every LOD and then saved and binarized. When I get it ingame, it still has the face bug.

However, if I do NOT binarize it, the model shows up correctly. Weird. Well, like you said, binarizing isn't really necessary so I guess I'll live with it.

Thanks for the help, prof.