Sign in to follow this  
Archosaurusrev

setCurrentWaypoint

How do I get it to work in Arma 2 CO?

My aim is to make a trigger about 15m away from the 1st waypoint activate the 2nd waypoint when the AI M1A1 passes through it, so the M1A1 doesn't need to slowly move towards the EXACT position of the waypoint and calculate a new path, resulting in it stopping annoyingly. Instead, it gets a new waypoint on the move.

Lets say my M1A1 is named "Tank", what do I put in the trigger, where, and so on?

CASE CLOSED.

grp setCurrentWaypoint [grp, 2] in the trigger. Trigger is a "if blufor enters area" trigger.

grp is the group name, and that was specified by putting "grp = group this" in the tanks init line.

[grp, 2]<--- grp is the group, 2 is the waypoint number.

Edited by Archosaurusrev

Why not simply increase the completion radius of that waypoint?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWaypointCompletionRadius

EDIT

Oh, scrap that.

Oh, so you mean a scripted completion radius...

[grp,2]<--- What does the 2 mean? I assume the grp is the group leaders name?

And where do I put the script?

Edited by Archosaurusrev

Grp would be the group name, ie GRP = group this which would be placed in the vehicles init.

You could use Group Grp if the name of the leader is Grp ; the two refers to the number of the waypoint.

Anyway I don't think it will do what you want, for example if you were to delete the first waypoint the vehicle will still travel to that waypoint as it's already in it's memory.

CASE CLOSED.

grp setCurrentWaypoint [grp, 2] in the trigger. Trigger is a "if blufor enters area" trigger.

grp is the group name, and that was specified by putting "grp = group this" in the tanks init line.

[grp, 2]<--- grp is the group, 2 is the waypoin number.

Edited by Archosaurusrev