Sign in to follow this  
qbt

Multiple Session Gamemode

I have been testing & developing a character saving system for CWA/OFP in the past few weeks. I have a working base for a multi-session mission with character saving which only needs to be ran server-side. However, I've hit a block and I have no further plans for the development of this project for the lack of an idea what to use the system for.

[table=width: 430]

[tr]

[td]Example video #1

uVZFADy9krI

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I am asking you, fellow members of the CWA/OFP-community, for multi-session mission ideas. What would you like to see to be done with a character saving system? Hopefully this project will bring the community of this great game closer together.

I am looking forward to hearing your valuable ideas!

E: Check out Multiplayer: Absolute Zero!

Edited by qbt
Added link to AZ-thread.

hi,

I have been testing & developing a character saving system for CWA/OFP in the past few weeks. I have a working base for a multi-session mission with character saving which only needs to be ran server-side. However, I've hit a block and I have no further plans for the development of this project for the lack of an idea what to use the system for.

I am asking you, fellow members of the CWA/OFP-community, for multi-session mission ideas. What would you like to see to be done with a character saving system? Hopefully this project will bring the community of this great game closer together.

I am looking forward to hearing your valuable ideas!

Sounds great!

I 'm not sure if I fully understand your saving system but what about a kind of dayZ mod for ofp?

cya.

Nikiller.

I 'm not sure if I fully understand your saving system but what about a kind of dayZ mod for ofp?

DayZ features character saving, but this is not DayZ for OFP. Data saved for each character contains information such as the position, weapons and health of the character. This data is loaded and applied to the character when the owner of the character joins the game and saved intermittently during gameplay. This system can be used for any kind of multi-session mission scenario.

Edited by qbt
Added the missing part from the text.

I'd say you can't do anything until I release Fwatch v1.11.

368667-ishar-legend-of-the-fortress-amiga-screenshot-game-overs.jpg

Edit:

Ok, seriously now. Principles are the same but in the new one there are a couple of things server wise:

• presence check is fixed and works with with dedicated
  • four mem commands work with dedicated (allowing to get a bit of info about the mission)
  • file vars can have '=' in their name (which is rather important when var name is the player name)

Edited by Faguss

I'd say you can't do anything until I release Fwatch v1.11.

uVZFADy9krI

I already have. However, I would like to see a method of saving/loading arrays from a variable in a file in the next version of Fwatch.

Clear up for me something. This system works by means of FWATCH only? And she exactly works on network? If yes, that this was sound.

I do not know, help this deal or no, but if in network mission in ACWA to the trigger with помошью of the command SAVEGAME then in file USERS\Username\Saved\Mpmission\MissionName\ remain the file with conservation. Truth I do not know as he can be useful

Edited by Dimonbel

I'm not sure if I understood your whole message.

Clear up for me something. This system works by means of FWATCH only? And she exactly works on network? If yes, that this was sound.

This system works both in single- and multiplayer; Fwatch is only needed server-side. There is no need to have Fwatch running on the client.

I do not know, help this deal or no, but if in network mission in ACWA to the trigger with помошью of the command SAVEGAME then in file USERS\Username\Saved\Mpmission\MissionName\ remain the file with conservation. Truth I do not know as he can be useful

This system has nothing to do with the saveGame command. Character data is saved server-side and can't be directly edited by the client.

Edited by qbt

However, I would like to see a method of saving/loading arrays from a variable in a file in the next version of Fwatch.

Method is the same. Just new presence check will work for dedicated.

I'm not sure if I understood your whole message.

I not in perfection know the english, since taught more german. Live in Russia

If I it is correct has understood, Fwatch needs only on server. But player not without fall his have to play and be loaded.

Possible in detail describe the mechanical engineer of its system. Much wanted play in certain resemblance DayZ. More so that in Russia love and is remembered OFP\ACWA and this will be a present furror. :yay:

If possible, выложи on file exchanger, or project not yet ready?

If I it is correct has understood, Fwatch needs only on server. But player not without fall his have to play and be loaded.

You understood correctly.

If possible, выложи on file exchanger, or project not yet ready?

The project is not ready.

Can I somehow help? And in general needs help?

In the first post I wrote how you can help: you can help by giving me ideas what kind of a mission to use this system for.

You themselves wrote that system can work in any mission. Or she must be builtin in mission?

Ð about ideas, why anew think up the bicycle, adapt something like DAYZ in OFP\ACWA. Think many with this agree

Edited by Dimonbel

You themselves wrote that system can work in any mission. Or she must be builtin in mission?

Ð about ideas, why anew think up the bicycle, adapt something like DAYZ in OFP\ACWA. Think many with this agree

The system must be implemented in the mission, of course. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel, I will not port DayZ for CWA/OFP.

But if we this already to примерру in Russia have done, but we come short your systems for full happiness :-) And again try its system to introduce in CTI. Fighting there long, she will there be to place

The Small question: System saves, but afterwards reads the data and variable scripts, trigger?

But if we this already to примерру in Russia have done, but we come short your systems for full happiness :-)

Have you already ported DayZ to CWA/OFP?

The Small question: System saves, but afterwards reads the data and variable scripts, trigger?

The system only saves manually defined variables.

Interesting, this could help to make a dynamic online campaign with resource pools or stuff like that

It Be Developed small module, resemblance DayZ, not completely copied, since this impossible. But for base is taken exactly idea DayZ. While that module on the most simple scripts and weighs approximately 28 mb. But completely not yet ready. If your system really works, but in this want to believe that is to say sense to do the module at the most short periods.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

The System subject and high poly models not to manage to do. Begins lags. But for the rest scripts marketed system to lifes: Receiving the food, dream, be Planned enter the money system. Zombi will be immortal. For a while they will be killed, but afterwards simply вÑтанут and continues you to search for. This is made to avoid the miscellaneous of the type brake, in accordance with capacity of your computer. In the same way plays begin on plan (the Stage of the active testing) scripts capacity, which will more clearly choose ViewDistance for each computer, coming from given internal test of capacity in OFP. The Models player and зомби take from usual Resistance, yes and weapon too. All capacity to missions most main

Why don't you use Sinews Of War saving? It doesn't need Fwatch and can be tweaked to save client or server side depending on where the data is needed. You can get the full demo over at the SOW site. Or the basic version is present in kutya's GDCE or my recent Combat Mission demo.

Personally I prefer client side saving for most character stuff because you don't have to transmit variables used by locality sensitive functions from the server using publicvariable (which will take an age to do with a reasonable number of players), you just load them into global variables on the client and setup the character using a client side script.

The other massive advantage of client side saving is that you can play multiple sessions on different servers that are running the same mission. The player's PC effectively holds a profile of their progress which can be used on different servers and missions.

We in general did not hear about such system. But, nothing, presently load and shall look

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Beside this systems two shortages:

1) High difficulty use. Big crockhood

2) She does not save the position. Saves and loads the weapon, but about positions forgets.

Possible I something not so has looked, but while that conclusion such

Going back on topic for a minute, the things I would save in some kind of dynamic RPG style mission (which is what I think you are doing here) would be:

Player's last position (doesn't actually need to be exact if you use a safehouse mechanic where the player spawns at the nearest safehouse to their last position).

Player's inventory (rather than saving strings for object class names why not assign each class a serial number which can be looked up in an array/database of classnames, this allows you to just save integers).

Player's quest status (a list of currently active quests, again these could reference a quest database maintained by the server).

Player experience and level

Regarding Sinews of War, the basic SOW 1.0 uses savestatus to store an unsigned integer in the damage property of a game logic, there are utility scripts included to convert other data types (bools, reals and signed ints) to saveable unsigned integers. In multiplayer all missions load and save object status to the same raP file (Users\ProfileName\Save\Tmp\Object.sav) which means the same variables can be accessed by multiple missions.

SOW 2.0 is far more advanced. As well as exploiting save/loadIdentity has an entire dialog framework to manage player status and equipment as well as handle all the client/server synchronisation.

SOW 1.0 is very easy to learn and use and is ideal if you're just interested in a saving/loading function, you can adjust it to client or server side saving fairly easily. If you want a ready built framework and dialogs for persistent multiplayer missions then SOW 2.0 is available.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

Ok if there is, that give reference to am empty the mission , where is simply placed players and all. We it is necessary only conservation of the weapon of the player, his positions and conditions. Nothing else. Rest not it is necessary. System with Editor-name by determination units more flexible, there all possible assign, but also more gravity in work, much motions.

Shall In any event is thanked if render aid in decision given question.

Ok if there is, that give reference to am empty the mission , where is simply placed players and all

Ok here's a quick demo of saving position, direction, primary weapon and primary magazines using sinews of war v1.0. Pick a gun from the gear list in the briefing use the action menu to save and load. It's set up for client side saving so the data is saved and loaded from the player's object.sav file, no publicvariables needed because the data is already where it needs to be for any locality sensitive functions.

My current project (I won't take the piss by namedropping in someone else's thread) takes this system to the extreme by saving the weapon attachments (optics and barrel mounted accessories) purchased by a player in a create-a-class mission then loading them for use in other multiplayer missions. This provides up to 72 possible attachment combinations per gun.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

Thank you, presently on test. But what beside you project, on what subjects?

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

In this system something there is. But here is and shortages. But if their correct, will be a bomb))))

Thank you, presently on test. But what beside you project, on what subjects?

My current project is briefly described at the end of this thread. It's now in closed beta testing. I will create a addon discussion thread when I'm ready to start working on the public release. Until then, if you or anyone else have questions about it, for the sake of politeness please post in that thread rather than this one as I hate thread-jacking.

In this system something there is. But here is and shortages. But if their correct, will be a bomb))))

Yes, Sinews of war has restrictions but there is also a lot of room for expansion considering v1.0 only uses one parameter of the saved object (damage). But you'd need to dig around in the V2.0 demo or experiment yourself to learn more. Oh and you need to get a better translator I can barely understand what you're saying.

Edited by *Zeewolf*