I recently revisited some of the old Arma2 missions, and, like many people, got stuck due to faulty triggers, limited Intel and supplies, and bothered by obnoxious AI group members...
So—rather than using the standard cheats and spoiling all the fun, I've decided to create a little tool that lets me modify a bit how the mission is played.
One example: In the "Manhattan" mission I've reached the point where I'm supposed to destroy the Chedaki base. Only problem is—I've already used my artillery strike (since I wasn't aware I only had one available), my support team isn't showing up, and my group members keep opening fire, even though I tell them not to. Pretty frustrating...
So—with this addon I can now totally immobilize my group members, request a silenced rifle and some mines, skip forward a few hours into the dark, and finish the mission nicely by myself.
Certain beats using the "endmission" cheat to get to the next one!
So, here's what the addon can do:
- Spawn vehicles, weapons, magazines:
- Any equipment available to your side can be air-dropped, either at the player's location, or a position defined on the map. (This includes any special equipment added by expansions or mods.)
- Switch uniform:
- Change to a different unit type (either keeping the current equipment, or using the new type's default loadout).
- Manage units:
- The player's group members can be totally immobilized, to keep them from moving and shooting.
- The player can leave (or re-join) his group, or become the leader (if he isn't yet).
- Other soldiers present in the mission can be recruited to the player's group.
- Other AI unit can freed, if they're stuck on a terrain obstacle.
- Vehicles of AI group members can be locked and unlocked.
- Request Intel:
- Receive information about troop location and strength. (Information can be marked on the map.)
- Have the source of incoming shots indicated (relative to the player) on a special display.
- Access existing UAV/ULB video feeds anywhere on the map, or launch your own.
- Environment options:
- The current mission time can be forwarded up to 12 hours, to change the time of day you would like to tackle the mission at.
- The weather can be set by individually controlling overcast, fog, rain and wind.
- Other assistance:
- Get unstuck
If stuck on some terrain obstacle, this will force the player (or his vehicle) out of it.
- Upright vehicle
Flipped over vehicles can be put back on their wheels.
- Recover vehicle
Destroyed vehicles can be recovered.
- Unlock vehicle
Any existing vehicles (even the one the player may be locked into) can be unlocked and used normally.
- Heal player
In missions where an injured player must be healed by others, he can nevertheless heal himself, if no medic or AI is responding.
- Turn off post-processing
Post-processing effects (e.g. blurriness, color filters) can be disabled.
- Complete mission
Missions that can't be completed due to trigger failures can nevertheless be finished "successfully".
- Extend deadline
For missions with a deadline, this option allows playing beyond the set time limit.
- Create restore point:
Allows you to create a game restore point at any time during the mission.
Once the module has been installed, it can be used in any mission/campaign via the pause menu.
Requested supplies will be air-dropped near the player:
I am sure there will be some people who will protest the use of "cheats", and how it will spoil the original mission, but in my opinion it's much more of a spoiler if, due to mission failures I can't properly play it at all...
I also always find that the more options you give a player on how to approach a mission, the more fun he's going to have, and the higher the replay value will be.
Want to play the mission at night? No problem, just skip a few hours. Prefer a different kind of weapon? Sure thing, just ask for it. Don't want to be rushed to finish the mission within some tight deadline? Go ahead, take your time.
Dowload location: http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall