Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

So do you have UAC turned off?

If not, try running Steam as admin. Might fix it.

Well, Steam managed to install ACR after I run it as admin, but still unable to play it. BTW, IDK how to check if the UAC is turned off or not.

If you don't know how to check it, you probably haven't turned it off in the first place.

I suggest you google how to turn it off (I have a different language version, so I couldn't accurately tell you where to find the setting), if you're interested in that. Otherwise, you're probably gonna want to always run Steam as admin (right-click on the Steam shortcut, go into the compatibility tab and check "Run as administrator", if you didn't already know).

As for why you can't play with ACR, I don't really know if running as admin hasn't sorted it out.

I've purchased the ACR DLC on Steam but unable to play it for some reason. Can anyone help me, please?

What do you mean by "unable to play"? Does OA crash? Any error messages showing? Or does it start ok, but ACR is unavailable? If it's the latter, you might want to try adding -mod=ACR to your shortcut. I think someone mentioned that you need to do this even if you have ACR on Steam. Is that right, or is that only if you have a non Steam ACR?

What do you mean by "unable to play"? Does OA crash?

Even though two out of three places on Steam's page say only OA is required for this DLC, the full CO is required for this DLC. So I assume it would crash if one were only using OA.

Can anyone confirm if ACR lite needs a full version of OA to play? I have ArmA2 + Reinforcements which includes all of the Arrowhead content but none of the singleplayer missions and the normal version of ACR won't work, so I thought the lite version might

Does the ACR DLC use content from BWMod? Because I saw this on the Dingo's turret screen.

http://i.imgur.com/oA1bN.jpg?1

Considering how lackluster a good chunk of the content in this DLC is already, I'm really hoping you don't tell me I paid ten bucks for something which is already free.

Huh, that... that's really not good. Anyone from BIS mind explaining why you're releasing mod content as DLC?

It is not part of the BWMod. It is from a different author. And BI most likely acquired it from him.

What part of that is (allegedly) mod content?

The Dingo, apparently. Going deeper into this, I've decided to compare the models for the ACR Dingo and the AMT Dingo. All images will be in links:

Here are the two vehicles next to eachother. At a first glance, they seem identical with the exception of the turret weaponry and the camouflage. One would ofcourse expect two models based on the same vehicle to look similar, so here are a few closer looks.

So far, the evidence points at it being the same model reused.

It is not part of the BWMod. It is from a different author. And BI most likely acquired it from him.

Regardless, things like this in addition to the outstanding quality of the DLC content with it's bugs and mishaps really makes it seem like this DLC was rushed to earn money off fans instead of actually delivering a good gameplay experience, which BIS should aim at doing with their DLC.

Edit:

I'd like to point out that this won't stop me from buying the DLC at one point or another soon, as the new content in it looks to be awesome once the major bugs are hammered out.

Edited by AlphaCentauri
Sorting out a small mistake

How do you get this to launch with Steam? I have ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead both on Steam. I saw what appeared to be the new DLC being installed but cannot find it in the game.

The Dingo, apparently. Going deeper into this, I've decided to compare the models for the ACR Dingo and the BWMod Dingo. All images will be in links:

Here are the two vehicles next to eachother. At a first glance, they seem identical with the exception of the turret weaponry and the camouflage. One would ofcourse expect two models based on the same vehicle to look similar, so here are a few closer looks.

So far, the evidence points at it being the same model reused.

Regardless, things like this in addition to the outstanding quality of the DLC content with it's bugs and mishaps really makes it seem like this DLC was rushed to earn money off fans instead of actually delivering a good gameplay experience, which BIS should aim at doing with their DLC.

Edit:

I'd like to point out that this won't stop me from buying the DLC at one point or another soon, as the new content in it looks to be awesome once the major bugs are hammered out.

1: There is no official BWMod Dingo released. The one you refer to is AMT Dingo. Details! :D

2: frankyman, creator of AMT Dingo, quite possibly might have given BI his Dingo model for further use.

If that was intended for paid content or not we cannot say, same as for the kind of agreement that might be in place between frankyman & BI if this all really was the case.

Best to ask (alleged) authors first, then guesstimate further.

3: Good spotting with the gunnery screen texture! Made me smile.

How do you get this to launch with Steam? I have ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead both on Steam. I saw what appeared to be the new DLC being installed but cannot find it in the game.

Yeah, experienced the same. Very badly done by steam.

Start Steam as Admin

Run OA

Files are copied

Then you'll find the ACR operation after you run OA. Not sure. I run it with a command line and an added "-mod=ACR".

Bystrica WTF? The big town is almost like Elektrozavodzk.

Edited by tortuosit

Yeah, experienced the same. Very badly done by steam.

Start Steam as Admin

Run OA

Files are copied

Then you'll find the ACR operation after you run OA. Not sure. I run it with a command line and an added "-mod=ACR".

Bystrica WTF? The big town is almost like Elektrozavodzk.

You do know that both the maps are cut outs of Chernarus with changes right?

1: There is no official BWMod Dingo released. The one you refer to is AMT Dingo. Details! :D

2: frankyman, creator of AMT Dingo, quite possibly might have given BI his Dingo model for further use.

If that was intended for paid content or not we cannot say, same as for the kind of agreement that might be in place between frankyman & BI if this all really was the case.

Best to ask (alleged) authors first, then guesstimate further.

3: Good spotting with the gunnery screen texture! Made me smile.

You know, you're absolutely correct. It was just that I forgot the name of the addon while writing that thing and so I chose the name BWMod Dingo because of the screen watermark thing - but I've fixed it now..

Edit: And even if BIS have permission to use said addon in the DLC, the fact that they're putting in community-made content in a DLC that's in the state that ACR was in on launch makes it feel rushed and, as I've said earlier, made simply to earn more money out of ARMA 2 fans!

Edited by AlphaCentauri

Edit: And even if BIS have permission to use said addon in the DLC, the fact that they're putting in community-made content in a DLC that's in the state that ACR was in on launch makes it feel rushed and, as I've said earlier, made simply to earn more money out of ARMA 2 fans!

I'm sorry if I destroy your dreams, but you better quickly realize that since ARMA 2 was released it's all about making money out of you. Bohemia Interactive is a company as any other too, with employees which want money at the end of the month. They are no welfare organization with the only goal to make you happy.

And I'm 100% certain the Dingo was used with permission of the creator and he got a fair amount of Euros for it. I'm also sure there is a lot more content in the game which was originally created by the community.

In any case, what content and how BI is using it in their products is not your business at all. It's a matter between the creator(s) and BI. And with this the "oh my god they've taken the free Dingo!!!" discussion ends. You can contact BI directly if you want to continue this. I also wish to see no more discussions about BI allegedly "stealing" content from the community.

I'm sorry if I destroy your dreams, but you better quickly realize that since ARMA 2 was released it's all about making money out of you. Bohemia Interactive is a company as any other too, with employees which want money at the end of the month. They are no welfare organization with the only goal to make you happy.

And I'm 100% certain the Dingo was used with permission of the creator and he got a fair amount of Euros for it. I'm also sure there is a lot more content in the game which was originally created by the community.

In any case, what content and how BI is using it in their products is not your business at all. It's a matter between the creator(s) and BI. And with this the "oh my god they've taken the free Dingo!!!" discussion ends. You can contact BI directly if you want to continue this. I also wish to see no more discussions about BI allegedly "stealing" content from the community.

Understood, sir! o7

I know I am a little late to the party but I noticed that the screenshot with the flooded town isn't on the new maps. I'm guessing that it was part of the campaign or something? Would make for some decent rescue or patrol type missions.

I know I am a little late to the party but I noticed that the screenshot with the flooded town isn't on the new maps. I'm guessing that it was part of the campaign or something? Would make for some decent rescue or patrol type missions.

You can flood what ever area you want. It isn't included in the map itself but there is a way to do it. Maybe try searching the mission editing and scripting section for the word Flood... nevermind I did it myself. Here you go. If this doesn't provide enough information try doing another search there: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138001-Flood-effect&highlight=Flood

You can flood what ever area you want. It isn't included in the map itself but there is a way to do it. Maybe try searching the mission editing and scripting section for the word Flood... nevermind I did it myself. Here you go. If this doesn't provide enough information try doing another search there: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138001-Flood-effect&highlight=Flood

Ah nice! That is kind of what I figured after cruising the new maps to see where it was, thanks for the link I will have to try this out soon.