Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1473

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Johan S View Post
    What do you mean by "unable to play"? Does OA crash?
    Even though two out of three places on Steam's page say only OA is required for this DLC, the full CO is required for this DLC. So I assume it would crash if one were only using OA.

Yes, I meant CO, not OA.

Can anyone confirm if ACR lite needs a full version of OA to play? I have ArmA2 + Reinforcements which includes all of the Arrowhead content but none of the singleplayer missions and the normal version of ACR won't work, so I thought the lite version might

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffyTheEvil View Post
    Does the ACR DLC use content from BWMod? Because I saw this on the Dingo's turret screen.

http://i.imgur.com/oA1bN.jpg?1

Considering how lackluster a good chunk of the content in this DLC is already, I'm really hoping you don't tell me I paid ten bucks for something which is already free.
    Huh, that... that's really not good. Anyone from BIS mind explaining why you're releasing mod content as DLC?

What part of that is (allegedly) mod content?

It is not part of the BWMod. It is from a different author. And BI most likely acquired it from him.

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(302 of 1000$ per month by 34 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Quote Originally Posted by Concurssi View Post
    What part of that is (allegedly) mod content?
    The Dingo, apparently. Going deeper into this, I've decided to compare the models for the ACR Dingo and the AMT Dingo. All images will be in links:

Here are the two vehicles next to eachother. At a first glance, they seem identical with the exception of the turret weaponry and the camouflage. One would ofcourse expect two models based on the same vehicle to look similar, so here are a few closer looks.

So far, the evidence points at it being the same model reused.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPscene View Post
    It is not part of the BWMod. It is from a different author. And BI most likely acquired it from him.
    Regardless, things like this in addition to the outstanding quality of the DLC content with it's bugs and mishaps really makes it seem like this DLC was rushed to earn money off fans instead of actually delivering a good gameplay experience, which BIS should aim at doing with their DLC.

Edit:
    I'd like to point out that this won't stop me from buying the DLC at one point or another soon, as the new content in it looks to be awesome once the major bugs are hammered out.
    Last edited by AlphaCentauri; Sep 24 2012 at 12:41. Reason: Sorting out a small mistake

How do you get this to launch with Steam? I have ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead both on Steam. I saw what appeared to be the new DLC being installed but cannot find it in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaCentauri View Post
    The Dingo, apparently. Going deeper into this, I've decided to compare the models for the ACR Dingo and the BWMod Dingo. All images will be in links:

Here are the two vehicles next to eachother. At a first glance, they seem identical with the exception of the turret weaponry and the camouflage. One would ofcourse expect two models based on the same vehicle to look similar, so here are a few closer looks.

So far, the evidence points at it being the same model reused.

Regardless, things like this in addition to the outstanding quality of the DLC content with it's bugs and mishaps really makes it seem like this DLC was rushed to earn money off fans instead of actually delivering a good gameplay experience, which BIS should aim at doing with their DLC.

Edit:
    I'd like to point out that this won't stop me from buying the DLC at one point or another soon, as the new content in it looks to be awesome once the major bugs are hammered out.

1: There is no official BWMod Dingo released. The one you refer to is AMT Dingo. Details!

2: frankyman, creator of AMT Dingo, quite possibly might have given BI his Dingo model for further use.
    If that was intended for paid content or not we cannot say, same as for the kind of agreement that might be in place between frankyman & BI if this all really was the case.

Best to ask (alleged) authors first, then guesstimate further.

3: Good spotting with the gunnery screen texture! Made me smile.

REALISM! No, fuck that, FIRE THE LASER!

Quote Originally Posted by J3ST3RM4A3 View Post
    How do you get this to launch with Steam? I have ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead both on Steam. I saw what appeared to be the new DLC being installed but cannot find it in the game.
    Yeah, experienced the same. Very badly done by steam.

Start Steam as Admin
    Run OA
    Files are copied

Then you'll find the ACR operation after you run OA. Not sure. I run it with a command line and an added "-mod=ACR".

Bystrica WTF? The big town is almost like Elektrozavodzk.
    Last edited by tortuosit; Sep 24 2012 at 06:51.

Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast