Yes, I meant CO, not OA.
Can anyone confirm if ACR lite needs a full version of OA to play? I have ArmA2 + Reinforcements which includes all of the Arrowhead content but none of the singleplayer missions and the normal version of ACR won't work, so I thought the lite version might
Shoothouse Mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126312
What part of that is (allegedly) mod content?
It is not part of the BWMod. It is from a different author. And BI most likely acquired it from him.
If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!
(292 of 1000$ per month by 33 patrons reached for first tier)
Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3
Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?
AMT Dingo. All images will be in links:
Here are the two vehicles next to eachother. At a first glance, they seem identical with the exception of the turret weaponry and the camouflage. One would ofcourse expect two models based on the same vehicle to look similar, so here are a few closer looks.
- This is the gunner screen as seen as a passenger in the AMT Dingo. Note the texture on the screen. And this is the gunner screen as seen as a passenger in the same seat in the ACR version of the Dingo. Note the texture on the screen.
- This is the dashboard in the AMT dingo, and this is the dashboard in the ACR dingo.
- This is rear left wheel of the AMT dingo. Take in the details. And this is the rear left wheel of the ACR dingo. Compare the details.
- These are the thingys on the side of the AMT dingo and these are the thingys on the side of the ACR dingo. It's not just someone modelling the same vehicle, it's clearly someone reusing the model.
- A hatch on the AMT Dingo (with the ACR dingo behind it) - Same hatch on the ACR Dingo.
- And finally, the straps on the tarp on the back of the Dingo: Here they are on the AMT version of the vehicle, and here they are on the ACR version of the vehicle.
So far, the evidence points at it being the same model reused.
I'd like to point out that this won't stop me from buying the DLC at one point or another soon, as the new content in it looks to be awesome once the major bugs are hammered out.
Last edited by AlphaCentauri; Sep 24 2012 at 12:41. Reason: Sorting out a small mistake
How do you get this to launch with Steam? I have ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead both on Steam. I saw what appeared to be the new DLC being installed but cannot find it in the game.
1: There is no official BWMod Dingo released. The one you refer to is AMT Dingo. Details!
2: frankyman, creator of AMT Dingo, quite possibly might have given BI his Dingo model for further use.
If that was intended for paid content or not we cannot say, same as for the kind of agreement that might be in place between frankyman & BI if this all really was the case.
Best to ask (alleged) authors first, then guesstimate further.
3: Good spotting with the gunnery screen texture! Made me smile.
Start Steam as Admin
Files are copied
Then you'll find the ACR operation after you run OA. Not sure. I run it with a command line and an added "-mod=ACR".
Bystrica WTF? The big town is almost like Elektrozavodzk.
Last edited by tortuosit; Sep 24 2012 at 06:51.