Yo Dawg i herd you like desert so we cut down trees in Lingor map so you can snipe across map while you camp.
On a more serious note, Lingor Island has become one of the most popular addons for A2/OA and I get a lot of requests "hey mate, please do a desert map". So I've decided to make an alternate desert version of Lingor, with cut down most of the heavy vegetation, but still enough to find a hiding place.
- island is *same* as Lingor v1.4 (or higher), except the satellite imagery, ground clutter and vegetation (jungle removed, much less vegetation all around).
- shortened roads to water in San Fernando and Encanto
- everything else remains the same
- it requires less powerful PC/GFX card in order to achieve high fps
- AI can't sneak up on you using "special hearing and vision" powers since there is no more thick jungle
- you have a much greater chance to survive against chupacabras, predators and other mysterious creatures that lurk around this land
Story Background (or make your own if there is a need)
a) Molatia gave up on south Duala after decades of war and mounted a suprise attack on war-torn Lingor. They used special airborne chemical agents to wipe out most of the vegetation and including a fair share of population, too. Enjoy the new war
b) Dingor - a successful HAARP test
Tip: Missions for Lingor should work for Dingor, just resave them.
Where to download Dingor v1.0?
p.s. please report mirrors, my bandwidth is seriously limited :/