Hi there, as the title implies; what are the causes of the following "glitches" (which are in fact hax) experienced by me and some more players during MP on some servers (multiple different ones):
1. Getting hit by one bullet from a standard rifle (either body part; no 20mm explding autocannon, no gau8, no grenades, just bullets), dying instantly (only when shot from 2-3 people regular on the servers)
1.b Getting hit with MULTIPLE BULLETS causes the hit person to FLY off, dead, or slide across the ground (like a Satchel went off besides them), just from 2-3 direct bullet hits (indirecthit?)
2. Getting hit with a bullet that DOESNT insta-kill causes the weapon/players/AI's arms to jerk up to an almost 90° angle (definetly indirecthit AND/OR initspeed causes this)
3. Some People shooting way faster than the gun usually allows (autofire + reloadtime=0.001 maybe?)
4. People shooting their weapons infinitely (count= changed? scripts maybe?)
5. People shooting, bullet holes the size of a plate from a 7.62 round and dust kicking up 6 stories high, whereas my dust only kicks up 1-2 feet and only leaves a opaque, penny sized bullet hole (hit + initspeed changed?)
Now, I'll go ahead and answer these questions for you:
Sidenote: the person causing the problems aka hacker, will be have the suffix "in question" from now on.
Sidenote2: earlier hours ago, I got a note from a guy on my email ADMITTING they (one of the owning clans of one of the servers) INDEED know and use PBO editing, and got "signed addons" enabled, which means they got their own hax running legitimately (which is BS). I am not to mention the names of the 3 people I talked/texted to, but I am permitted to write this down, as long as nobody can be linked to anything. No witnesses, no names.
1.+1b. Bothe are most likely changed hit and/or added/changed "indirecthit" and ...range causes exactly that; also causes 4., bullet holes the size of a plate (at least 8 inches in diameter), and slightly increases "dust-production" when hitting ground. Force somebody you suspect to shoot the ground or a tree/building, then check the hole out: when shot from everything but a .50 cal, everyhole bigger than app. 0.8 - 1.5 inches should be checked into.
2. Yeah, the setting called "initspeed" causes this; inside the games core files, it is put onto the magazines (if the weapon doesnt have one of these values, but it overrides the weapons initspeed I THINK!) and determines the bullets "launch speed". BUT, when CHANGING OR OTHERWISE FIDDLING WITH IT, and then shooting somebody, even a small difference causes the hit person (AI or player) to jerk his arms up into the air. Initspeed also affects the damage, since damage should decrease over distance due to the loss of speed - cranking up the speed causes the bullet to retain it's full damage longer AND even have a magnified damaging effect.
3. + 4. Definetly "reloadtime" with "autofire=1" (if chosen firingmode not equals "fully automatic"); reloadtime is not the MAGAZINES reload time (seperate setting for that) but the weapons "CYCLIC RATE". 0.001 would cause a serious minigun-like behaviour.
Not running outta ammo is either some scripting stuff (which I don't know about, yet) or changed "count" in the magazine. Change it, and you hold more rounds. But you better hope nobody from the enemy team kills you and then robs your corpse, they will get YOUR magazines, with XXX rounds (you changed it to).
5. Hit, indirecthit and initspeed, or even either one of these values causes that. Max. size of bullet hole is hardcoded, but you shouldn't leave dinnerplate-sized holes from everything but a 20mm or 30mm cannon - leaving them holes from shooting a 7.62 is messed up.
Now towards the "invisibilty" of those I have some bad news for you measly hackers and good news for all of us "normal players":
1-5 are ALL NOT LOCALLY executed, and everybody can see the results, esp. the bullet holes and the 1-shot-kills from 4 miles away (the shot from the shooter in question hiting instantly, very high initspeed), so it is fairly EASY to ID who is doing that shit, esp. when somebody shoots 2 rounds and a building goes down in smoke or a series of trees fall over.
I am not butthurt because I was killed a few times while playing, au contraire mes amis; I played on MANY servers so far, for the time ever since Arma2 was released in the US.
It is more because I get either the explanation that these guys are "gods in this game" or it is "some glitch" and "they didn't see that", didnt see that my arse, I was standing right here looking at it happening!!!
It is so obvious, since I (and some others) watched the people in question (sitting LITERALLY next to them and even ASKING THEM OUT about it, with a response like "I'm an experienced player thats all"), them shooting from distances WAY out of r.o.e. and they STILL hit everything in 1-2 shots - such people having 900 kills and 3 deaths, kinda weird. Everyone else is under 200 or slightly over 200, even until map finishes.
Now comes the fun Part; isnt there a way to report such servers to somebody to stop that lunacy? Even if the clan members and owners are the problem-makers?
I never had these problems on most other servers, which have signed addons or "no mods allowed", but some servers seem to be populated with admins/owners/members that dont give a single **** (censored that word myself, so you know) and neither have the balls nor the honesty to say "We have these mods that change that". Cause they want to have the fun, and of course don't allow anybody else to do the same;
What would you do, if you were there, found some friends, and want them to come with you, but they refuse coz they like the map and the ping (ping is a bad excuse, but when you want fluid gameplay and want to snipe a lot you need a good ping) and theres just to many others playing there that also don't wanna leave?
And especially, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT?
I know about all these things damn well since OFP got mod-tools released/developed, but I NEVER EVER play online, only when I host a LAN-Session to play some warfare against myself and I want to make a quick "runthrough" of the campaigns or missions. Tghe mod-folders and -mod switches allow for a quick and unbloody change without you loosing your mods.
So heres to all you maybe-cheaters: when and if you can't play the gamne without hacks, GTFO. IF you can play without them, just take them off as soon as you join MP, k?
My weird name, yeah, that name was just randomly picked; I'm not demented (slightly maybe, k?), but surely I'm a fool, if I can be convinced so easily to stay/come back on haxering servers, and then bitch about it.
Why not a battleye ban for haxer servers? Yeah I know, people can do whatever they want, with their own property.