Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Anti-Aliasing

Hi, I'm having strange issue with AA in ALL RealVirtuality games. (In Iron Front, ARMA1, ARMA2.). In picture U will see how ugly the game looks like with AA enabled. Without AA no problem but I don't like the graphics without AA.

I have ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series graphics card.

So It looks like this ... (ARMA2 with AA Enabled)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/aabug.png/

I have everything on highest settings. I tried ALL SETTING COMBINATIONS, I tried to COMPLETELY reinstall graphic drivers, I have newest updates, everything latest etc etc... I need big help!

I also tried to run normal (not beta build), without mods. Nothing.

What is AToC set to? (Look in your documents for the Arma2OA.cfg file.)

Try setting AToC = 0 if it isn't already.

What is AToC set to? (Look in your documents for the Arma2OA.cfg file.)

Try setting AToC = 0 if it isn't already.

I had It on 7 (Don't know why O_o)

So I rewritted It to 0 and It works as should!

THANK YOU! BTW what to do in Iron front?

EDIT: Yeah same with Iron front!

Seems like a graphics glitch, like only the lowest detail LoD models are loaded. What's your ingame setting of Video Memory? I have nothing like that even with AToC 7 and AA on with AMD 6870 and latest Catalyst. Also try to delete your Arma2OA cfg file, and let the game recreate it.

Seems like a graphics glitch, like only the lowest detail LoD models are loaded. What's your ingame setting of Video Memory? I have nothing like that even with AToC 7 and AA on with AMD 6870 and latest Catalyst. Also try to delete your Arma2OA cfg file, and let the game recreate it.

That's what I did.

And Video memory and all other settings are on Very High. And I tried to modify them all.

You should leave Video Memory on Default all the time, if you have a card with at least 1024MB memory. Otherwise it can give you problems like these. Try to set it to default, and delete your cfg file and run game again. VM on Very High uses only 768MB of video memory IIRC, unlike Default which uses it all.

The AToC tweak as well as the Vid Memory issue have been known to the community for over a year now.

You'll find these 2 tips, as well as many others in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Try these tips to make your game look good and run smoothly