Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Breaking news

Two planes colide over Germany

Anyone else have any further information?  I cant imagine any midair collision of passenger liners being anything but horrific.

sad.gif

edit:

Here is the CNN report. Looks like at least one of them is a cargo plane...

I doubt it was mainly a pilots fault. More likely it was an air traffic control fuckup while handling an approach or departure pattern. On a side note, if you are thinking: "How the fuck is anyone stupid enough to hit another plane in the big ass sky?", you need to see the visibility the pilots have in an average airliner. Basically, they cant see shit anywhere but right ahead, and they rely on ATC the rest of the time. So, Im willing to bet that ATC dropped the ball and people ended up dying because of it.

thats what i heard, the russian pilot may not of been able to speak english very well or there may have been a radio malfunction. but i don't think it matters now whos fault it was. the russian plane was carring a bunch of childeren who belonged to rich politicians in russia i believe.

I saw a report on this. really sad sad.gif the Russian plane had like 50 of a republic's best schoolkids on board sad.gif

From the news I have seen the ATC collision warning alarm was deactivated for maintenance or something like that, therefore noone knew of it. Both planes at same altitude and both aparantly dived to avoid the collision... only to dive into each other. If one of them stayed level or didn't dive the collision would have been avoided.

I've heard that the russian pilot had over 12000 flight hours (that's extremely high), so it's unlikely that he made a mistake.

the more news come in, the clearer it seems that ATC screwed up big time.

CNN news

one was taking unauthorized break. mad.gif

That is so typical, they go and blame the pilot first. And even more since it was a Russian pilot. mad.gif