I finally decided to get the game.
I know the game is in beta and it shows on certain points. The orignal was good, but the tech back then ment limatations for the game that should be easly overcome with the tech we have today and I'm glad to see Gaea Mission takeing some steps to overcome the limitations of the orignal.
Here are some of my thoughts.
- The supply barge currently is not following the supply path of the islands. Didn't it do this in the orignal? As it is now, I have no or very little reason to engage defence islands as I can just go around and resupply at whim.
- EDIT: Defence islands should engage carrers that try to sail remotly near them instead of just defending against the units that I send in to take the island.
- I noticed that I can sit almost forever at an enemy island and not have my carrier attacked - What reason do I have to run and let the island recover when I can just work on my tan all day as by supply barge stocks me up.
- Path finding still needs a little work. Instead of being 100% precise on waypoints over long distances in air and water (when your not that close enough to land for it to matter), the AI pathfinding could take a 'Meh, close enough' approch to remove the stop and go beheaver.
- Formations please. Expecially for Mantas. Possably link the targeting systems together so that what I'm shooting at gets targeting priority. IE: Control all the units in the formation at the same time.
- The ability to outfit the carrirer like you do your units. I think you should not be able to win the game in under 5 min flat by just carrier hunting. Just like you can't use a manta to take on a turret without produceing the proper equiment, I think your carrer should not be able to kill the enemy cairrer without some kind of prep.
- Units stances: Hold position, Engage for a short distance, Give chase.
- If my carrer is moveing and I order a unit to dock, then I think the unit should start moveing my direction. It may not be able to dock as I'm moveing, but I will eventually stop moveing allowing the unit to dock.
- The videos of the campain seem very nice and faster paced than single player. Maby greatly increace the number of mobile defending units on the islands and make the mobile defending units weaker to balnce it out. (Giveing you more gun fire to create the feel of a faster paced battle)
- Please, Please let us use the time warp when ever we want or at least when at friendly islands.
- Bug? My carrier can move without fuel?
- Hard points for walruses and mantas just like what you have for he carrier? IE: armor, weapons, engines, Link Computer ( or what ever walruses and mantas have to let the control tower control them). If I see a manta with a walruse hooked to it flying way too high for it's own good, then I want to be able to blow up the hook and send the walruse falling to its doom.
- How do I move my stockpile?
- If I am away from my island, and it is under attack, would it be possable to at least show the statis of the static enplanements so that I can gague how well the island is defending itself without being there?
Overall, the game still needs a bit of spit and polish (as to be expected of most betas). But, great job so far, I look foward to the release date.