Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93121 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

JIP fix... how much of an impact does the fix have? Just installed it now on our dayz server and will see how it goes. Will this stop the massive lockups that occur when lots of players join at once? Are we looking at a bit less red chain now?

Cheers

btw what happened to suma... gone awfully quiet :(

Partially fixed is probably more descriptive based on the DH ticket info.

Well now each press of the button skips 2-3 seconds before was 5-6.

Excellent thanks..... Will try it now.

EDIT. I've just had my first bluescreen in ages there now. I havent done anything stranger than running it. As ever I deleted my arma2oa.cfg before starting. Will keep an eye on this one.

Edited by Kremator

Excellent thanks..... Will try it now.

EDIT. I've just had my first bluescreen in ages there now. I havent done anything stranger than running it. As ever I deleted my arma2oa.cfg before starting. Will keep an eye on this one.

please downlaod the programm "bluescreenview" its freeware, and shows you what causes the bluescreen! that would help, and also will show if it was related to arma!

[93120] Fixed: JIP connecting players less affect other players network bandwith

Now ,it's becoming more interesting :D

Disclaimer: Normally, I like to be more considered before posting but I'm enjoying this too much to care.

This beta is really working for me. The game feels smoother and the environment renders better on my PC. The whole experience is much better. Up until this beta, sometimes I got minor stutters and slowdowns (esp when zooming in or out). This beta seems to have eradicated that and also improved the general feel of the game. It feels a bit more organic. (If that makes sense).

Disclaimer: Normally, I like to be more considered before posting but I'm enjoying this too much to care.

This beta is really working for me. The game feels smoother and the environment renders better on my PC. The whole experience is much better. Up until this beta, sometimes I got minor stutters and slowdowns (esp when zooming in or out). This beta seems to have eradicated that and also improved the general feel of the game. It feels a bit more organic. (If that makes sense).

I strongly agree, but I felt the same about 93040 as well. I had none of those internal rendering errors (but I only played for about an hour)... Both of these are smooth as silk for me in Chernarus. :cool: I hope the LOD fixes are brought back soon...

Yes. The vegetation LOD fix should be only one beta away

I usually just run the installer, overwriting my old beta. Is this the right way to do it?

Or should I remove the old beta folder and delete the arma2oa.cfg before installing a new beta?

I recommend deleting the old beta folder before installing a new one. Not doing so has caused problems for me before.