Sign in to follow this  
[evo] dan

[COOP-5] [EVO] Operation Pegasus

[EVO] Operation Pegasus

This mission was made as a result of a brainsotrming session within [EVO] as well as the desire to create a long-range mission that we all would have something to do that we would enjoy. For me that was flying transport, for the others it was using the Hind.

This mission is built for 5 players:

-A Hind gunner

-A Hind pilot

-A Heavy Pilot

-A Heavy Copilot

-A Heavy tailgunner

Warning:

This mission is not for the faint hearted as it is not over quickly and not easy. The distance from the base to the target is about 86km in a straight line and you have to fly both ways.

Your Objective

The 2 helicopters are to move infantry forces and assault the enemy position marked on the map. The Hind is to provide top cover for the mission and a limited airlift capacity, the Heavy will carry the bulk of the assault force. Once they have secured the area you are then to bug out.

Download Link

Download the latest version here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/EVO_Op_Pegasus.South_Asia_H.pbo

Future plans

Future plans for this mission includes picking up the AI after a short-time once they have secured the area, instead of leaving them there once the area is secured. However due to this issue:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31844

I have been unable to do this, so if you would like to see this, vote on the above issue!

Credits

I would like to thank the following people for helping me make this mission:

I would like to thank [EVO] Crash and [EVO] Ruski for their inspiration and input into making this mission.

I would also like to thank Celery for his awesome remove dead bodies script.

And would also like to thank BIS for making TOH.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Thx [EVO] Dan,

It's exactly the type of mission that i would like to do with Hind, but unfortunately, I am an SP player(for the moment).

Any chance to have this mission for sp, hind pilot ?

Thanks.

Thx [EVO] Dan,

It's exactly the type of mission that i would like to do with Hind, but unfortunately, I am an SP player(for the moment).

Any chance to have this mission for sp, hind pilot ?

Thanks.

Well, you can just launch the mission as in MP as a LAN server and leave the AI on (which is allowed by default so you don't need to edit the mission). Then choose the Hind pilot, leave the gunner as an AI and you will be able to finish the mission with the Hind and the infantry squad it carries in the mission. The Merlin is not necessary to complete this mission so yes you coulld in theory do this as SP.